
My disabled sister is wheelchair bound and I found it very difficult to wash her hair every day or two. During one of her hospital visits, I walked in while the nurse was using one of these no rinse shampoo caps on her. I never knew this product even existed and I wanted them so badly, I checked the Amazon site from my cell right in her hospital room. I purchased these for her and they work perfectly! Every bit as well as the hospital brand. So, even though she may not get her hair styled every day, it is always clean and fresh. I always count on Amazon reviews when I purchase products and I hope you found this review helpful.
These are a neat idea. I had no idea there was something like this available until just recently.
Each pack comes with one cap. It's a soft, thick feeling plastic cap, which is soft on the inside (like felt) and is pre-filled with no rinse shampoo. The scent is the same as the No Rinse Shampoo product in the bottles.
The cap works well.
I opened the pack, put it in the microwave for 15 seconds and it came out nice and warm. After I made sure it wasn't too hot, it went on my mom's head and I started rubbing her head through the cap. She hated that part, hates having her head touched, hates getting wet. But, some things must get done.
Anyway, this really did get her hair foamy and it lathered well. It's big enough and moist enough that I was also able to clean around her neck and ears and farther down. I used a soft clean towel to dry her hair and then blow dryer to complete the (unwanted!) spa treatment.
My mom has very short hair, so I while I found this useful, I think it was overkill. I have 4 more packs, so will use those up, but I wont be purchasing more. I'll just spray her hair with the No Rinse Shampoo from the bottle and use a soft towel to massage it in and then another towel to remove the moisture (and dirt and oils) and then dry the hair.
But, I really like the idea and recommend these for someone with longer, but not too long, hair. They are very well made. They are so well made, that I tried to figure out a way to re-use the cap somehow. I ended up just throwing it away, but am still thinking if there was a way to re-use it. :)
Wife purchased these for an upcoming surgery, as we knew she was not going to be able to shower for a week or two. I've used at least three of these on her during her "non shower" phase. Her hair is shoulder length. You place the cap on your, or your other's head; make sure all of the hair is under the cap; gently massage the cap, and move it around. After a few minutes, remove the cap; ensure that all areas have been cleaned; comb hair to de-tangle; gently remove excess wet product from hair with a dry towel; re-comb and you are done. The hair looks shiny, feels clean, smells clean.
Note: some reviewers were disappointed that their hair did not feel as clean as a proper shampoo in a shower with water, etc. This is NOT a fair comparison for this product. It doesn't promise beauty, it promises clean. Last year I spent 10 days in a hospital due to severe double pneumonia. After 5 days, the nurse asked me if I would like a shampoo cap, which I had never heard of. I can attest after it's use, that it made me feel like a new person, and that's the point.
I cannot say enough how great these are. I am assisting in the car for my elderly mother who is in hospice care. She has always loved having her hair clean and taken care of. These caps help us achieve that for her. She can sit in her chair and with an easy heat up process with the cap on her head has us on the way to a clean head of hair. The shampoo in this came works up into a lather, unlike any other one I have used. Others do not allow you really get that much shampoo on the hair which results in hair not being washed well enough for it to be clean for very long. Now, with this cap, her hair is washed twice a week and it is not greasy and gross in between. I would point out that her hospice aide, with 15 years of experience, says this cap is the best cap she has ever used, and told me to order more!
These are perfect to care for young or older people that simply do not want to bathe in a tub or shower every day. I am the caretaker for my 82 year old mother. She was brought up in the 30's when you only bathed once a week and washed off the rest of the week. Getting her to wash her hair more than once a week was almost impossible. She will let us use this on her hair in those in between times. It is a well made shower cap with a soft material inside. It is infused with a no rinse shampoo. We simply heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then place it over her hair on her head and massage it in. Then we towel dry her hair and comb it.

Feature Product
- You will receive (5) No Rinse Shower Caps
- Easy to use: Put on cap. Massage hair through cap. Remove and thoroghly towel dry
- Shampoo more efficiently in less time, leaves hair fresh and clean
- Latex and alcohol free
- Microwave package for a warm shampoo experience
Description
No Rinse Shampoo Cap (5-Pack)
These are so great!! I used these in the hospital a few times when I had had surgery/given birth, etc. My nurse would warm them up in the microwave for about 15 seconds, or keep them in the blanket warmer, so it would feel like a nice warm shower on my head! It looks like a shower cap, but a little thicker and has the shampoo/conditioning mixture inside. You just put in on your head, tuck all of your hair in, and massage, as if you were washing your hair in a shower. I'd keep it on my head for a while, just because it feels nice to feel clean when you've been in a hospital unable to shower for a few days. You take it off and throw it away, and are left with damp hair, as if you just got out of the shower. No different, you are fully shampooed and conditioned, no need for water to rinse. There is no greasy feeling left over, and it works amazing!! I would recommend this to anyone requiring bed baths, someone in a hurry, you could do it in the car, or as a gift.
I personally bought this pack, to include in a gift basket to a friend of mine who just had an emergency c-section about a week ago. Not only is a c-section painful to recover from, but general delivery recovery at home, with a new baby, sleep deprivation and new schedules, it can be hard to find time to wash your hair. Mom's sometimes forget to take care of the little things, because they have their hands full with the new baby. These are a perfect gift and she was thrilled to receive them. She may not have time to get a full shower in, so at least having clean and freshly washed hair, can make a huge difference in your mood.
I never knew these existed. I was in the ICU unit of an Alaskan hospital after having a heart attack on our tour (at least the day before going home), Nurse walked in, says time to clean up and she hands me this package to wash my hair. So I am holding it up and asking what the heck is this, I can't shower (thought it was a shower cap) and she said " of course, put the cap on (she had microwaved it so nice and warm) and scrub" Then she says "you must come from a backwards state, because everyone here who camps use these these when camping.+ Really washed my hair as if I had a shower and not all powdery like dry shampoos. So of course, I found them on Amazon and put a couple to put in my "going to the hospital; tote " And I sure wish I knew about these when my mom was alive and in memory care.
These caps are seriously lifesaving for us in our house. We have a child who is on the spectrum with serious sensory processing problems. She has an absolute phobia of water running down her head and washing her hair is an absolute nightmare. Despite YEARS of therapy and OT any time her hair needed to be washed it was horrible and traumatic. When she was having an EEG done the doctor mentioned these caps and had his assistant run and get one so we could try it while she was sedated. We did and it was life changing. She still takes her daily baths but now when she needs her hair washed with soap I use a cap and her hair is clean and silky and beautiful.
This was a godsend. My mom is 91, her home has one small closet-like shower that makes getting her into the shower a real ordeal. Yes, she has a chair and safety bars but the shower door cannot be closed on both of us (space too small) so everyone gets a bath - mom, me and the entire bathroom!
Washing her hair was particularly problematic since she cannot bend over a sink or travel to a salon. I really didn't believe these could work as well as advertised but I was willing to try anything. They do work! The caps feel slightly weighted (about the weight of a small, sopping wet towel). The outside of the cap is soft plastic, the inside is a soft 'kind of' fabric like a chamois. I microwaved the cap for 10 seconds and then placed it on Mom's head and she enjoyed the warmth. I massaged her head through the cap and was stunned that her hair was actually getting wet - and clean!
It took a couple of tries to get the hang of it (the right amount of pressure to work the shampoo through) but it definitely works. I will be ordering more once we are through the five that came with our original order.
I purchased this for my friend who suffered a traumatic accident and was hospitalized. I am a retired 35 yr Veteran RN. We, always, washed our patients' hair, especially when the hair was soaked with blood. Yet, today, RNs say 'this is not their job'. I placed these in the microwave for 60 seconds and then placed the hat on my friend's head and covered all her hair. I then just started massaging the cap as though I was shampooing her hair. I did that until I felt her hair was washed. When I took the cap off, her hair was wet, and all the blood was removed. This is perfect for those who are bed ridden but listen. I keep them at home for those mornings I am running late and do a quick wet shampoo and blow dry. They are perfect for camping trips or when a family member is sick in bed at home. As a nurse, I can say nothing makes a sick patient feel better during recovery than a clean body and clean hair. You need no water or shampoo. It is built right inside. You will be amazed. I do recommend a detangler, however, if the hair cannot be comb prior or after the shampoo. No one will ever know you or your loved one did not get a shower, shampoo, and conditioning. They are a little costly, but worth keeping on hand. You can't go wrong.







0 comments:
Post a Comment