Friday, August 30, 2019

OXO Good Grips Little Dustpan and Brush

OXO Good Grips Little Dustpan and Brush Set

OXO Good Grips Little Dustpan and Brush Set

It's just a dustpan. That's what I thought, anyway. Nothing prepared me for the truth.

Do you remember the year 1995? I remember it a little. Irony was the realm of artists, not memes. When you said the word grit, folks still thought about John Wayne instead of grade school programs. Modernity had only partially wiped us of ourselves, the Internet was still only barely there. Social media was nowhere to be found, we still spoke to one another like people. It was a simpler time before we all became cyborgs, but a time of widespread ignorance as well. Sort of like the time before I found this dustpan.

But also in 1995, AOL was king. America was coming online, but hardly anyone knew what that meant. No one could have predicted where it would go. The advent of the Internet was one of those world-shattering moments that changed everything. Sort of like a few weeks ago, when I ordered this dustpan.

When it arrived, it wasn't packed in one of those matte finish, sleek boxes you get with Apple products. But it wasn't the packaging that sold me. Just a dustpan in a heavy paper jacket. It was like any other dustpan, or so it seemed. When you're holding a dustpan, you don't expect much. 2019, 1995, 1975, it doesn't really matter. It doesn't seem like dustpan technology advanced that far in 30 years. But then I used THIS dustpan.

You've probably been using dustpans your whole life and never thought about what is too narrow or too wide, bristles that are too long or too short, the rigidity of the brush stroke, the angle of the handle, or any of that. You grabbed some random dustpan, probably the peasant garbage included with your broom, and rolled with it.

But OXO had a different idea. They set out to revolutionize the dustpan and they did.

Remember using a plastic or metal dustpan where all you could do was brush in about 80% of the material while the rest of it slid underneath?

Say goodbye to that. This dustpan has a rubber edge that is just the right amount of firm and flexible. It meets the surface, conforms, and captures everything.

As you draw your brush across the floor, the bristles are so soft and so gentle that you barely know when they touch, but an inch or two into the bend, the resistance is just right to let you know it's time to hold it steady on the pull. The result? No splayed-out bristles. No springboard-style kick back that sends your crumbs across the room.

I could go on and on. The angle of the handle is just right. The way the brush fits into the pan feels like German engineering.

I've never had a bad experience with this. Not once. It's a joy to use and I mean that. Bad day? Top off a cathartic cleaning session with this brush pan and you never lose that cleaners high.

I thought this was just a brush pan. I wasn't prepared for this. It is a brush pan. But so much more.

Five. Stars.

I love this so much that I now own four of them! (car, kitchen, workbench in garage, camper). The bristles are close together so that it even sweeps up tiny particles. Love that the brush fits tightly into dustpan for those times you cannot empty it immediately (Ex: spill in vehicle). Love the small size since many times you cannot fit a large dustpan where are cleaning. Love that you can rinse the bristles and give it a shake and the brush is clean again. I've had this for quite some time. This morning "unfortunately" I knocked over a very large ornate glass vase in my bathroom. It hit the tile and shattered into so many pieces. Also knocked over a 24 ounce glass of water so the tiny shards were in a lot of water. Needed to get the glass up before I could dry the floor and run the vacuum. So glad I had this little dustpan. Was able to get almost all the shards up with this brush/dustpan so that I didn't have to worry about cutting myself wiping up the water. This is so handy for quick clean up in my vehicle. The one in my kitchen is used "only" in the kitchen. Great for sweeping up crumbs before wiping off counters. Just wish I had discovered these sooner!

OXO quite by mistake has created the best tent broom I've ever used. I know they had other things in mind when they designed this but it is perfect for car camping ( a little to big for backpackers). The bristles are soft and fine enough to get the sand off your taffeta tent floor without damaging it. The cup style dust pan holds your sweepings so you don't have to re sweep after you accidentally tip them. The whole kit packs together securely so nothing gets lost. 5 star performer

Bought this dust pan about a month ago, a couple weeks before that I read some reviews about multiple dust pans to see Wich I would purchase. I ended up purchasing this one by oxo. Because the can opener I have from this brand is boss. But while reading reviews I read one that said it doesn't pick up all the dirt and dust. So now that I've used this product multiple times it has done just the opposite and picked up every speck of dust. This works so great I stopped cleaning while totally in the zone of cleaning before my son,daughter and wife get home from a baby shower. Just to write this review. Product looks great works great. Just buy it. Thanks for your time.

I had to replace a plastic dustpan that unfortunately fell and cracked. It was great. 11 inches wide, strong large brush. Don't know where I purchased it. Checked websites of brick and mortar stores. Nothing resembles it, so I went with this due to the good reviews. It's quite a bit smaller than my previous. It works well, but I feel that if it were a little bigger, I would be happier. The brush seems ok, but not as strong as my previous either. However, the angle of the brush would make it stronger. They just don't make things like they used to.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Slim shape allow for convenient storage
  • Brush snaps into Dust Pan and stores with the bristles covered
  • Soft rubber lip conforms to surfaces for efficient cleaning
  • Soft, comfortable handle is angled for countertop use
  • Perfect for kitchens, craft rooms and cars

Description

Small messes are no big deal with the OXO Good Grips Compact Dust Pan. The brush conveniently snaps into the Dustpan for storage, keeping dirty bristles covered. The Dustpan’s flat bottom allows it to stand up, making it easy to store on countertops or shelves, but it is also slim enough to fit into a drawer. The soft, comfortable brush handle is angled for quick and easy countertop use. The Dustpan features a soft, rubber lip that conforms to surfaces to ensure efficiency.



We keep this in one of the pockets in our tent. It is the perfect size for a tent pocket, and works very well at clearing out dirt and debris before we take our tent down after a camping trip. Best brush and dustpan set for the job! The plastic is not cheap, but rather sturdy with a bit of heft (though still quite light, thanks to it's size).

I would definitely buy this again if the need arose.

The brush is great in itself but this product really shines with its dust pan. It leaves virtually no gap between the floor and the pan, so you don't get that annoying line of dust you can never pick up when you're pushing dust into the pan! Its so great at picking things up that now I sweep with a broom and just use this brush and pan duo to pick up everything in my dust pile. Highly recommend this for those of you who are clean freaks like me! :)

My husband and I love this broom set! It's a high quality product and is always missing from its storage place as we take turns using it for various house projects. We should definitely buy another set. It's a very portable size to store in the cupboard or to keep in the car with you, if needed. It is made of a sturdy plastic and has been quite durable. Some dust pans are flimsy and break or crack easily with a heavy load, but this has held up beautifully. It also has a nice rubber handle for gripping. We use it for sweeping the kitchen floor, cleaning the fireplace ashes, and cleaning construction rubble during our remodel. The bristles are firm to get a clean sweep which provide a complete finish. The edge of the fitted dust pan also has a rubber trim to help catch everything as you sweep it. I'm including pictures so you have a visual of the handle, overall assembly, and size. It arrived exactly as pictured in the ad. The broom securely fits into the dustpan and we never have any problem with the two coming part while in storage. We would definitely purchase this again and it is a quality product for the price.

I purchased this dustpan and brush set because my 14 month old daughter was obsessed with our old one (made by a different company) but it was very dirty and cumbersome for her. I selected this one for its clean lines and neutral color. We use it to sweep up under the table and around her highchair. Eventually, we would like to incorporate it into a Montessori-style environment where she can use it herself to clean-up. It is very sturdy and lightweight enough for her to carry on her own. My only complaint is that the handle is a little awkward for her to use, as the brush is shaped and handled more like a broom than a traditional dustpan/brush set. The dustpan size is great for emptying into smaller trashcans.

I use this to sweep spilled litter around my litter box. I was tired of having to get the large broom out of the closet and deal with it. It's small and is compact enough to be out of the way, and makes for easy storage! It has the hole at the top of the handle so you could hang it on a hook as well. I'd recommend buying this along with the litter box storage furniture amazon sells.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment