Friday, August 30, 2019

S.O.L. Survive Outdoors Longer Rescue Howler Whistle

S.O.L. Survive Outdoors Longer Rescue Howler Whistle (2-Count)

S.O.L. Survive Outdoors Longer Rescue Howler Whistle (2-Count)

The whistle is small and is easy to add to a keyring for safety sake. It is louder and cuts through loud ambient noises better than a Fox40 or equivalent whistle. I've used it in a basketball gym while a game was occurring, on a city street and Outside in a forest. Unfortunately this whistle takes practice to use most effectively as opposed to other sports whistles. You need to practice blowing so that using it properly becomes routine. If you wait for an emergency to blow it you would be disappointed at least, tragic at worst. A Storm whistle is much louder and functions much more intuitively. The Storm is much much larger and is not something you could hang on a keyring because of it's large size, so it wouldn't be as available as the Howler or its equivalent. I feel the Howler should be on every keyring because it can be used to provide a louder sound and would attract attention more effectively than a human voice. In outdoor situations you can continously blow this for longer periods than you could a human throat. It should be obvious that any whistle has limitations when it is raining or in a thunderstorm and in Fog or Vog. In those situations I've found a Storm whistle to be more effective. The whistles I've mentioned are NOT TOYS and should not be given to young children who may not know when to use them. With that caveat the Howler whistle would be an excellent survival tool, easily carried, small size for small hands and louder than other sports whistles.

Wow these babies are loud. I own another Fox 40 whistle, designed for self defense, and these are almost on par with it. I got these for the form factor and because it came in a nice two pack. Way cheaper and I don't care at all about the color, as I want to SEE these in case I need them. Save yourself a few dollars, pick up this two pack.

SOL really puts out a high quality product. I've given these out to several friends and family. Most of them have put them on their key chain or backpack. They're super loud and I would not recommend blowing on them in close quarters since you will hurt your ears. The howlers are made of very durable plastic that is virtually indestructible. Plus in an emergency situation this whistle could be heard at very long distances vs. a human voice. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a high quality survival product.

I've never had to use these in real life. They sit nicely on my keychain for emergencies. My first set endured three years of abuse before the key ring cracked, this my not being able to attach it to my keys. This is my second set.

So I read a bunch of reviews measuring decibel levels and such. They didn't seem that scientific of tests and I decided on these because I am happy with other SOL products and because I was able to hands on test my friends. These are really LOUD. They are small, lightweight, won't break, and again they are really loud. They will do the job. I recommend.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Signal others from over a mile away with this piercing, dual-frequency 110-decibel rescue whistle.
  • Made with a dual-chamber, fail-safe, pea-less design, this whistle works in all weather conditions and won't freeze or stick to lips when cold.
  • Made from unbreakable ABS plastic, this whistle is dependable for a lifetime of trouble-free use.
  • Keep this whistle with you on all of your outdoor adventures and clip to a zipper, wear on a lanyard, or slip into a pocket for quick access in unexpected situations. Each pack contains two rescue whistles.
  • Triple-frequency sound cuts through surrounding noise.

Description

Broadcast your position when lost in the wilderness with the Survive Outdoors Longer Rescue Howler Whistle. Signal others from over a mile away with this piercing, dual-frequency 110-decibel rescue whistle. Made with a dual-chamber, fail-safe, pea-less design, this whistle works in all weather and won't freeze or stick to lips when cold. Made from unbreakable ABS plastic, this whistle is dependable for a lifetime of trouble-free use. Keep this whistle with you on all of your outdoor adventures and clip to a zipper, wear on a lanyard, or slip into a pocket for quick access in unexpected situations. Each pack contains two rescue whistles.



I bought these for my kids. I like to keep these attached to them when we are out camping.

Really, what else do you need to know? These whistles seem solidy built, are easy to see, lighweight and slim enough to clip to your PFD so that you don't even know they're there, and they are LOUD. Like, hurt your own ears just blowing them loud. I have to say that the person who reviewed them below and said that they only make a thin, raspy sound, probably did not blow FULLY into the whistle. You can't just "toot" these -- you BLOWWWW a full, long blast. Do that, and you'll peel the wallpaper off and attract plenty of attention. We bought ours for kayaking (the law requires them here in Florida)and haven't seen any better. A no-brainer. Four stars only because everything can't get five stars, or what's the point?

very loud. should be on everyone's backpack and or PFD

Great gift

Dang these things are loud. I mean loud. Like don't blow them in the house loud. The plastic is thick and you get the impression these things can handle the rigors of outdoor adventures. Hopefully you never need it.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment