Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Mountain House Macaroni & Cheese #10

Mountain House Macaroni & Cheese #10 Can

Mountain House Macaroni & Cheese #10 Can

I haven't opened this can, but I've using mountain house for camping in the last 5-6 years and I've had this in the packet. bought these as emergency rations for whatever. tornadoes or zombies; I've got it covered. With the long shelf life up to 25 years I could probably pass this on to my children as a family heirloom someday. ( I don't even have children but it's still possible, math works out) The taste of 99% of the mountain house meals i've had is delightful. I once had some noodles I didn't enjoy, and I'd even be willing to say that was my fault for not letting them sit long enough and eyeballing the amount of water I put in. I was hungry, wanted to eat them. anyways, my Fiance loves mac&cheese, so I got this. Maybe when zombies are trying to break in it'll comfort her, I won't know, I'll be eating the beef stew. long story short, it's good. It shouldn't take much convincing to buy some mountain house. 10/10 A+

I bought this for our 72 hour emergency kit. The tin can will resist rodents and insects better than any other storage material. It came with the plastic lid which I was pleased to get. The lid makes it easy to use some and store the rest for the next day. Also I taped a mini-can opener on top under the lid, so I would be sure to be able to open the can in an emergency. Every food I've tried from Mountain House has tasted good. Food in the cans is supposed to last for at least 15 years which means I dont' have to rotate often. I hope to enjoy this in 15 years around a campfire, but am reassured that I am prepared in case of disaster.

I love the convenience of these meals. We had 4 big guys and 4 ladies on our recent backpacking trip. This was just barely enough to fill our stomachs. I added a family sized packet of tuna. Everyone LOVED that! I suggest you have other things to eat, too, though, depending on your calorie needs. The only inconvenience is that the cans are big and bulky. Not ideal for a backpacking trip with a "leave no trace" mandate. My idea for next time is to take one can and put the rest of the meals into gallon sized plastic bags. I'll just wash and reuse that one big can for each meal.

The Mac & Cheese is one of my favorites from Mountain House. A great comfort food for camping or for when and if the zombie apocalypse happens. Of course there won't be zombies outside like the walking dead. Just very hungry neighbors, won't you glad you have some of this mac and cheese!

Pretty good mac and cheese maybe a little pepper but that's just Personal Taste it did seem a little hard to get the noodles just right it might work best to add a little hot water wait and add the rest I'll probably order a few more for backup camping or emergencies


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Macaroni noodles in a smooth, creamy, and very cheesy sauce.
  • Just Add Water. Quick Prep: Less Than 10 Minutes. No Cleanup.
  • Nine 1-Cup Servings
  • Allergens: Wheat, Milk
  • 30 Year Taste Guarantee

Description

Mountain House Macaroni & Cheese

We make our mac & cheese for grownups. Made with big, hearty macaroni noodles and rich cheese sauce, it’ll satisfy the whole family. If you are looking to add mac & cheese to your long-term or emergency food storage plan, this is the one to get. We’ve made food preparation easier. Simply add hot water and in about 8-10 minutes you’ll have a delicious meal you can eat anywhere!

Who is Mountain House?

For nearly 50 years, Mountain House adventure meals have consistently been the premier choice of campers, backpackers, and survival experts. Born out of freeze dried meals we make for the United States Special Forces, Mountain House food has a proven history of reliability and most importantly, delicious flavor.

With just-add-water preparation and no-mess cleanup, Mountain House is not only the perfect camping or backpacking food, but also for keeping on hand just in case of an emergency. Additionally Mountain House meals have incredible shelf life. With the longest proven shelf life in the industry and a guarantee to taste virtually indistinguishable from new for 12+ years in pouches and 25+ years in cans, Mountain House is the perfect emergency preparedness or survival food to keep on hand.

From the bottom of the deepest ocean, to the tops of the tallest mountains, to the battlefield and back, Mountain House is the food people trust when failure is not an option. Consistently chosen as the best tasting food among outdoor and survival brands, Mountain House is the best camping, backpacking and survival food money can buy

.
Mountain House Meals are Perfect for:
  • Emergency Preparedness
  • Camping
  • Backpacking
  • Hunting
  • Fishing
  • Travel
  • Occasional Everyday Use

California Prop 65 WARNING: Many cans containing foods and beverages have epoxy linings used to avoid microbial contamination and extend shelf life. Lids on jar and caps on bottle may also have epoxy linings. Some of these linings can leach small amounts of Bisphenol A (BPA) into the food or beverage. BPA is a chemical known to the State of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.



... who loves macaroni and cheese. Me, not so much. I got this so he can make it for himself anytime he wants it and it's not a big batch but just one serving. Thank you, Mountain House!

We always love the mac and cheese but generally purchase the single serving size. It was cheaper to buy the can but remember to bring a can opener. The single servings are in a pouch which can be ripped open, the can however needs a can opener.

Honestly, haven't tried it yet. This is part of my emergency stash. However, I have tried other Mountain House products (beef stroganoff and ice cream sandwich) and they were pretty darn good for freeze-dried food. I'm impressed! Also, I personally trust Mountain House as a reputable company and their food is probably still good up to 20 years or 30 years. And no, they didn't pay me. I actually still remember their products from when I was in high school!

good enough. takes longer to get rid of the crunch than some mountain house products. the cheese could be improved but at least it cleans up really easily.

Tastes amazing, more than expected for a product that will last so long. Still couldnt perfect the art of making the pasta fully soft but it really wasnt that big of a deal overall.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment