Saturday, August 31, 2019

StingEze Original Insect Bite Itch Relief Dauber, 0.5

StingEze Original Insect Bite Itch Relief Dauber, 0.5 Ounce

StingEze Original Insect Bite Itch Relief Dauber, 0.5 Ounce

I have been using StingEze for years to help alleviate the misery of mosquito bites. This StingEze Max2 formula has 10% Benzocaine compared to the 5% in the original StingEze formula. I find it much more effective on the bites.

However, it has been my experience that to get maximum relief, I have to immediately apply the StingEze to the bite. Unfortunately, they have switched to the dauber style applicator that other products use. Since a mosquito bite cause immediate swelling over a fairly large area, I have a harder time getting the formula onto my skin with this slow dauber. The old bottle allowed me to quickly squeeze a larger amount right onto the bite area.

So, for me, this product change is a trade-off between a more effective formula and a less efficient applicator but it remains my favorite bite relief product.

StingEze Max2 is a small 1/2 inch sized dose of 10% Benzocaine, Phenol 1.35%, and Camphor 3%. I purchased this product to relieve chigger bites after a recent camping trip. The product arrived today and I used it. Immediate relief was provided then the product began to wear off within 30 minutes. I then bathed in very warm water and about 2 cups of Epsom salts and eucalyptus oil which was quite soothing. I then used a product on Amazon called Puriya Mother of All creams which was also soothing. I wish I had StingEze max in my backpack for the long ride home. The new bites are intensely itchy. After decontaminating the car and all items that went on the trip, I will be keeping SingEze with me on all future trips. I have not had a chigger but in over 10 years and this time I walked into a nest. Chiggers are related to the spider family. The adult does not feed on humans. The youth stage feeds on humans, animals and birds. The adult lays eggs on leaves of grass and the hatched youth hide in shaded areas and under cut grasses and leaves waiting on lunch, dinner, and breakfast - us. By the time we realize we have been bitten, it’s too late. The youth have an enzyme that create a tiny tunnel in the skin. Injected into the skin is more enzyme that liquifies the skin cells. The youth then have a protein shake - us. By the time we realize we have been bitten, it’s too late. The youth have been destroyed through a soapy bath, showered off or scratched off. Folks like me have a strong reaction to the bite. The swelling and the body’s immune system goes into battle mode with histamines and white blood cells which causes swelling - and itching. I stopped using fingernail polish and switched to old home remedies to reduce the swelling. I take an antihistamine that works for me. Right now that antihistamine is Claritin. Benadryl helps me sleep through the itching but Claritin helps reduce the swelling. If one bite is particularly intense - the StingEase helps. The phenol is a product of coal tar. Camphor is from the wood of an evergreen tree. Both have a numbing effect and destroy germs. Benzocaine is manmade and is a numbing agent like a mild anesthetic. Please read the warnings before use. This product works for immediate relief but needs help for long lasting relief from itching plus I know the chigger won’t live to bite again. Photo is 5 days after exposure to chiggers and several hours after using StingEze Max 2. Yep - had to dot each bite and there are more than in the photo. If I had the product in my backpack and rubbed all over the area, the product may have prevented other chiggers from surviving to bite. I like that this was a pen so there is nothing left on the hands - it numbs the mouth if accidentally touches the mouth. Ask how I know. See my review of Chigg Away for a comparison.

We had many bug bite relief pens and this one is the best for us. I'm not sure why b/c you would think they are all approx the same. but they aren't. This one seems to cool and relieve the itching faster than the other brands. I was so happy that we found it on Amazon. In most stores you can only get the Bendryl or store brand. I would recomment . My sister ordered some of it right after she had about 50 bites on her feet and ankles. (I'm pretty sure she put a RUSH on her order)

I have a very strong reaction to insect bites and if I scratch them it makes it 50 times worse. But not scratching them (especially immediately after the bite) is pure torture. And I am always outdoors so I get insect bites a lot! This stuff is amazing, all I have to do to is apply it and it takes the itching away until the initial reaction goes down. I have tried a few other products for similar purpose including some name brands, and this one works so much better than anything else ever has.

Best stuff I have found to counteract mosquito bites! Discovered it years ago in Hawaii, and the little bottle is now almost empty. Found these daubers and they work great. You have to put it on as soon as you get the bite, though, if it all possible. If the big welt has already started appearing, it may be too late. I am the type that can feel a bite as soon as I get it, and if I dab StingEze on right away, I won't get a huge welt...it ends up swelling just a bit and then goes down to a red spot. No itching. Love this stuff!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Instant relief from insect bites and stings
  • Triple-action formula stops pain, eliminates itching and reduces infection
  • Ammonia Free - Gentle on Skin
  • Apply liberally to the bite area while massaging with sponge dauber applicator
  • .5 oz. dauber

Description

Our StingEze Original Insect Bite Relief Dauber offers a triple-action formula that provides fast, effective relief from the pain, itching and infection associated with insect bites and stings. The primary active ingredient in StingEze is the pain reliever Benzocaine, a mild yet effective alternative to ammonia. Ammonia, even in low concentrations, can irritate your eyes, cause your skin to burn or swell, dry out your skin and promote the growth of bacteria. The StingEze Original formula stops pain, relieves itching and reduces infection - without irritating your skin.



For me, this is the ONLY insect bite relief that has ever worked. I keep one in my bag, one in the car, one in the garden shed, one in the screen porch... the key is to put it on right after you notice the bite. If you catch it early, there is no swelling or itching at all. Really!! The only bite it did not work for was from fire ants, but I don't know what, if anything, would help relieve those...

I bought a replacement for my year-old sting stick but I haven't had to use it. I usually just get a new one at the beginning of camping season, but this year I decided to try the old one before opening the new one and I was surprised to learn the old one -- which I keep in my truck when I'm not camping -- was still working. We made it through the entire camping/hiking season with last year's stick.

Fortunately, my kids and I have needed this for relief from mosquito bites only -- for which it stops the itch almost instantly & completely -- and we have not had occasion to try it on other kinds of bites. But for mosquito bites I recommend this without reservation.

Bought this for my trip to Thailand because I am a MOSQUITO MAGNATE! And the white and red Bug Bite I bought from Wal-Mart was like putting water on my bites, it sucked. So I had a pretty good bug spray in Thailand so I didn't have as much bug bites to use it on until I went to Krabi. I notice my left foot was itching like hell! And saw a bunch of itchy bumps! I swear I got them when I went island hopping at one of the beaches, I think I swam through a pool of sea lice or something, cause we started feeling stinging. When I finally got to use it, first thing I liked about it was that it had a fabric like tip so it wasn't a wet mess. Second, it stopped the itchy after putting on a second layer when the first layer dried off a bit and still itched a little, but I swear the second layer helps because when I got to Bangkok, I forgot to put on my bug spray and got bite on my leg. Tried the 2 layer and the itchy was gone so no itch, meaning no scabbing from scratching.

This stops the reaction to a mosquito bite if applied right after the bite. I am highly allergic to Oak Tree Mosquitos and will swell up for days. If I roll this on within an hour, it suppresses the reaction and the intense itch. The following day I re-apply it, too. I have tried everything at the drugstore...and nothing works as well as this. I am sure to pack an extra tube when I go on vacation. Using it for 5+ years

This stuff is by far the best itch relief solution that I have found and tried. Nothing compares to its effectiveness especially for mosquito bites. This is the main reason that I bought and used it for, so I cannot speak for its effectiveness on other bites.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment