Thursday, August 29, 2019

Sonic Alert SBP100 Portable Loud Vibrating Alarm

Sonic Alert SBP100 Portable Loud Vibrating Alarm Clock

Sonic Alert SBP100 Portable Loud Vibrating Alarm Clock

This alarm clock is built with high quality plastic. The feel is solid and not flimsy like those cheap plastic clocks.
Vibration is very strong and comes with "special batteries" to ensure a long working lifespan.

Some users complained the clock had a short lifespan. The reason is as follows :
The LCD clock's electronic circuitry is very sensitive to strong electric current. The "special batteries" are actually low-power zinc-carbon batteries that provide very low output current. So if you were to replace them with High-power batteries such as Lithium, Alkaline or heavy-duty types meant for high-drain devices, then your clock will definitely "burn out" in a very short time.

Hope the above tip helps.

After-note : As the 2 AA batteries drive the vibrator, you may use Alkaline batteries but only use zinc-carbon battery for the AAA battery which drives the clock circuitry.

Something about the vibrate function wakes me more fully than a typical alarm clock. I'm a heavy sleeper and have lost jobs to it in the past so I'm pretty happy to have found it. I find it easy to set. I put it in the black travel case to slow my ability to turn it off in the morning and really appreciate the clip that keeps it fastened to my pillow as I move quite a bit in my sleep. My only quibble with it is that I wish the snooze button was a little harder to hit.

It does work MUCH better with fresh batteries so I suggest swapping them out regularly for best performance.

I bought this for my 83 year old Mother who has profound hearing loss and cannot hear without her hearing aides. She absolutely loves this vibrating alarm clock. She places it under her pillow and says it is a gentle awakening, it doesn't 'frighten' her awake. It has never failed and she feels like she has gained her independence back by being able to wake herself up when needed rather than relying on a neighbor or REALLY loud alarm noises or music.
She has recommended this clock to several friends - love, love, love it!

Love this thing because I am hard of hearing. The vibrate modes does the trick. The only problem is that I can’t figure out how to turn off the alarm when not in use. Keeps going off at the same time every day... finally ended up taking out the batteries. Also why 2 different kinds of batteries? That is just a pain... but, with all that said, I still love this thing!

I was a tad skeptical after reading some of the bad reviews, but so far I LOVE IT!

1. I love the snooze feature, and I have used it for 4 nights in a row, and no problems. It does not snooze for so long that you fall back into a deep sleep...but it is also not too short, that it is annoying.

2. Setting it is super easy...and this is coming from someone who HATES setting alarm clocks

3. It has military and regular time! I love military time!

4. You can set it for vibrate only, beep only, or both together. I just use vibrate, it is plenty loud for me, and I hate high pitched beeping alarm clocks...they hurt me in my soul! This makes me so happy to wake up. The beep is loud if needed, but not outrageous!

5. The light works good....its sorta funny since it is not a backlit feature, it is a little light that shines onto the face....so not the best, but works just fine.

I dont feel that it would get turned of while I am sleeping under my pillow....I just dont see how that could happen.

I love it...works....its easy....small...and lightweight for travel!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 90 dB Extra loud alarm bed shaker portable clock
  • Small, light-weight, self-contained and battery operated
  • Easy to read .75" display and easy to set function keys
  • Test button to test batteries, vibrator and sound operations
  • Continuous four minute snooze function

Description

Travel with an alarm clock you have confidence in and know how to operate--the Sonic Shaker Travel Alarm Clock from Sonic Alert! The Sonic Shaker, in White, has a unique bed shaking function and loud alarm to guarantee you will catch your flight on time. With an easy-to-operate design, this travel alarm clock will always help to get you up in the mornings.



Very nice! Set on vibrate and it makes a whole commotion to wake a deaf person, without waking anyone else in the house. Set on alarm plus vibrate, and everyone will know about it. A very nice escalating alarm tone. Easy to set, nice clear labels. It uses two AA cells for the vibrator, separately from two AAA cells for the clock, which seems odd until you realize it means you only have to change the vibrator batteries, and the clock won't need to be reset because of that. Fell on the floor a few times, and it wasn't bothered by that at all. Use the clip to make sure it stays on the bed, it can vibrate off the night table!

My son just started to use this today day 1 and he finally got himself up!!! Yay! He flops around in bed alot and the other hardwired sonic boom alarms fall off his night stand so he needs something wireless. I only gave the battery life 4 stars because i haven't had it that long so I do not know what to expect but so far its doing its job. Will order 2 more for other kids that also can't hear. Thank YOU!!!

Great compact, lightweight alarm for travel. Can be used everyday if you wish. I use it only on vibrate and it really rattles me awake! I don’t use buzz at all because without cochlear implant on, I am completely deaf. I’m very happy with the small size, carrying case and performance. I cannot rate battery performance at this time because I am newly using it now (2.20.19)

I have caught more planes using this alarm than I can even count. I set my phone alarm to go off at 5 different times and even include the bright flashing light but I can sleep right through them all unless my good ear is facing the ceiling. On those days when I absolutely have to get up I really depend on this vibrating alarm.

After sleeping through a regular alarm, I bought the Sonic Alert. When I put it under my pillow, it vibrates and buzzes and is effective in waking me up. The controls are a bit small, but I have reset it several times without too much of a problem. I'd like it better if the controls were larger, but the main thing is that it wakes me up.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment