Friday, August 30, 2019

Tifosi Veloce Wrap, Matte Black, 68 mm

Tifosi Veloce Wrap, Matte Black, 68 mm 1.5

Tifosi Veloce Wrap, Matte Black, 68 mm 1.5

I am a letter carrier for the USPS; I need sunglasses and I need to be able to read the mail (I’m a +1.50). I used to carry one set of bifocal sunglasses and a set of shooting (yellow lens) bifocals for overcast days. My shooting glasses were not stylish and I don’t think everybody understands the concept of the yellow lens. My previous pair of sunglasses finally gave out so I bought the Tifosi Veloce). I don’t understand the negative reviews; especially the “SCAM” part, these do work and very well. I also bought the clear lenses here sold by BillyTheTree; to replace my yellow lens glasses. They were listed a Veloce but Veloce lenses were not pictured. I did receive Veloce lenses; they must just be using a generic photo. I have been wearing readers for many years and these are the best I have found so far. They are not junk; they are well made, stylish and the lenses are easy to interchange (here is a video that shows you how to: [...] I’ve Interchanged them at least a dozen times so far. They come with a very nice hard carrying case plus a pouch that doubles as a cleaning cloth. I find the bifocal to be placed in pretty much the same spot as all others. Not sure yet how well the vent “prevents” fogging; they have fogged but any lens will fog in the right conditions. I do find I have to wear them close to my face or the vent appears in my peripheral vision. I truly believe these will last a long time, and it is great that you can replace the lenses if they get scratched or broken.

I have used Maui Jim's with reading capabilities for the past several years, and they are great, and I thought they were the best when doing a long ride on my road bike. I had to send them in for a repair and needed to purchase a lesser expensive pair while being repaired so I could ride. I bought the Tifosi Veloce and have been so pleased, and now they are my go-to riding glasses. They fit secure even while sweating profusely on my long rides without any additional straps to keep them in place as I do with my Maui Jim's. I still love the Maui Jim's but the Tifosi Veloce are better and less expensive for what I use them for, and I see my riding computer clearly through the reading side of the glasses when needed. I have been riding with them for a month, and at this point, if they broke, I would not hesitate to purchase again, all of this coming from a sunglass snob who owns three different pair of Maui Jim's and a few other high dollar sunglasses.

Nice quality, comfortable cycling glasses with good optics for the reading portion of the lenses. I can read my bike computer, phone, etc with no problems. The tint is fairly dark, and I wish Tifosi offered a lighter tint option for low light conditions. The lens vents work pretty well, and I get reasonable air flow on all but steep climbs; there I can still find sweat getting in my eyes, so I might need to take them off on a long climb. All in all these are the best reader cycling glasses I've tried.

I bought these for a vacation at a resort n Mexico where I spent a lot of time on the beach and by the pool reading. Lens quality is excellent, tint is perfect for bright sunlight but did was not so dark to prevent reading when the clouds showed up. The magnifier does not interference with normal vision. Comfortable to wear all day long, wrap around design worked well when the wind kicked up. I highly recommend these sunglasses!

This is my second pair of these. They're rugged, but my first pair somehow didn't hold up when I accidentally backed my car over them, so I had to order replacements. I like the close comfortable fit, and vision through them. The reading lens part of lens is kind of low on the overall lens, but I like that because it's not in the way when I'm driving or anything else. They fit closely and keep the wind out well, and actually are pretty ruggrd. I like them more than enough to have bought the second pair; I would have given five stars except this new pair is missing the small logo plate on the right temple, which is noticeable and affects the appearance.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Shatterproof, optically decentered polycarbonate lenses

Description

Light and durable Grilamid TR-90 frame material resists chemical and UV damage. Fully adjustable nose pads allow a closer fit, limiting slippage and maximizing comfort. Hydrophilic rubber ear and nose pads increase grip the more you sweat to reduce slipping. Adjustable ear pads permit a custom fit for optimized comfort and performance. Vented lenses increase airflow to prevent fogging and help keep you cool. Fits small to large. A good fit for women. Includes a zippered hard shell case and a microfiber cleaning bag. All Tifosi lenses provide 100% protection from all harmful UVA & UVB light rays.



Nice glasses. I did a 50 bike ride this past weekend and found them to be very comfortable and the optics very good. Love being able to read my phone without squinting. I've been buying Oakley's for years but couldn't find a bifocal version at this price. Excellent value.

I bought a new Cateye Strada Digital triple (cadence, heartrate and speed), but I was surprised at how small it is. I was having trouble reading the display, especially with sunglasses. I have used Tifosi exclusively for years, but didn't know that sunglass readers was a thing. These are fantastic. I can see the road clearly, and when I glance at the computer, I can see HR, cadence and speed perfectly.

Very nice! I like these a lot, and the +2 correction is perfect for me. They are perfect for running, which is the main reason I bought them. The bifocal part of the lens is perfect for reading my watch during races. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is because the bifocal is too low to wear them for driving. I need to raise my head too high to read the instrument panel. For my car, I have the NEOPTX Optx 20/20 Stick-On Reading Lenses, +2.00 on another pair of sunglasses.

I hate wearing glasses. Just hate it. But from a lifetime of never wearing sunglasses I have developed cataracts which makes the glare unbearable. So I got these.If I had tried these 30 years ago I probably wouldn't have cataracts. I barely know I am wearing them. And when I don't want them on they rest nicely on my head. The reading glasses are the bonus. I don't need them that much but figured why not try it.

These are really nice sunglasses that I use for running. Since I just had cataract surgery I needed new glasses with a reading lens, which these have so I can read my watch. Optics are quite good and they look good too. Only reason I didn't give 5 stars is the size is a little big for me and I have an above average sized noggin; Still pretty stable when running and I was very pleased given the price point.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment