Sunday, May 26, 2019

Transparent Classic Hot Water Bottle - Made in

Transparent Classic Hot Water Bottle - Made in Germany

Transparent Classic Hot Water Bottle - Made in Germany

What can I say? I've owned many water bottles before and it was only by accident that I ran into the Fashy-brand bottles on Amazon; I am forever glad that I did.

After using this bottle for 2 years, it is hands down the best one I've ever used.

######### AFTER 4 YEARS ######

(1) YELLOWING - I have two of these Fashy transparent bottles and still love them to death (so does my mum), but one thing to note that I also experiencing a "yellowing" of the bottles. It is NOT based on the water supply. I have learned these bottles are made of TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane). 'Transparent' TPU discolors and turns yellowish (same as my iPad case). Anyways, it doesn't affect the performance, but I loved the original clear, clean look. It still has it, but with a tinted yellow discoloration. The manufacturer should use aliphatic TPU based on aliphatic isocyanates to prevent the yellowing.

(2) Also, the smooth side of the hot water bottle has begun to peel somewhat. It has not affected the job performance. I tend to abuse my bottles (lie down on them -- all 165lbs of me) and put boiling water, so YMMV.

(3) Bottle leaks if I don't tighten it very hard after years of use/abuse(?)

PROS:
1) Huge mouth and anti-"spurt" lip prevent water spitting back out like those old rubber ones
2) OMG It's transparent!!! No more guesswork about how much hot water is inside!
3) VERY easy to tighten, and SECURE bottle cap! I've literally sit on this thing with boiling water, and filled to the max, and it has never leaked
4) Leakproof design, unlike old rubber counterparts, due to the fact that is made in a single mold, without any kind of
5) It's frikken' transparent!!

CONS:
1) No doubt about it. For $24-27 shipped, it is expensive, but IMO if you use this thing daily like I do for muscle pain/helping with sleep/feel warm and toasty in a cold room, then it's damn worth it (this is coming from a loyal tightwad gazetter :P)

2) Yellowing of the bottle
3) Long time, top portion, smooth side of the bottle begins to peel after 2-3 years. 4 years later, still working
4) LEAKS after 3-4 years. Make sure you tighten the twister HARD after years of usage!

Still the best hot water bottle made.

NEUTRAL:
1) Sweet lemony smell for the first few weeks, then disappears

I started out with 1 star and have changed it to 4 after being able to reach the seller, who responded very kindly and fairly. So: I have purchased 4 of these German-made Fashy hot water bottles, I believe all from the same seller. The first two were fine and served for very well for about 4 years and then they both started leaking. So I bought another and it had a chemical fragrance. I let sit in baking soda for quite some time, in a plastic bag, but this did not work. I immediately bought a second one (I was off on a trip and needed it) and this one also smelled. I reported this second instance to this seller and the seller agreed to refund me, without my having to sending it back, which I greatly appreciated. These water bottles do not inherently give off an odor, but they can pick up odors if they come into contact with a fragrance at some point in their journey from factory to home. Another friend had same issue. Also, my friend in Germany reported same thing: she got this same brand Fashy hot water bottle from an environmentally clean store: no problem. Same water bottle, but much cheaper, from another Walgreens-type store in Germany: strong odor.

Many years ago, a friend of mine who is a pediatrician in Seattle, had my son over to her house for a sleepover with her children. Before going to bed, they all came into the kitchen, water bottles in hand, to have them filled before turning in for the night. They provided one for my son as well. He was so happy with it, I bought one for each of us. I kept giving ours away to friends and it became harder and harder to replace them.

Thanks to the internet, I now have the perfect water bottle. This is the best hot water bottle BY FAR, I have owned!! It is soft, easy to fill, and has a loop to hold onto so I don't burn my fingers as I fill it up in the bathtub area with hot tap water. It stays hot all night and it is easy to move around with my feet at the end of the bed. I stay toasty warm all night, and therefore keep my heating bills down. Looking back, I am glad that I have given away all of my old hot water bottles to friends who have never used one before. I will now only buy this type for friends who are in need. I've found that most people I know, don't have a clue about the benefits of using one of these.

I’m not sure how I’ve lived without this. Being my first ever hottie, I can’t compare it to other brands or styles, I can just say that I have no complaints. I find radiant heat more effective than airborne heat, so this is perfect to ward off chills. I’ve never had a leak (I always dry the cap and opening after filling it). Mine has turned a tad yellow but I can’t say if that’s normal or if it’s because I make it really warm (possibly warmer than I should). My family will be getting these as gifts soon so they’ll stop trying to snag mine. :D

I've never owned a hot water bottle before, but this one is great. It has a textured side and a smooth side so that you have two slightly different temperatures. The smooth side feels hotter and could use a wrap to make it more comfortable, but the textured side can go next to my skin without burning. I always leave a little air at the top when I fill it and then "burp" it as I screw the top on. I hope this will keep it from being overextended over time. I love the hook for hanging it from my cabinet knob while I heat the water in my kettle to near-boiling. I also leave a small amount of tap water in the bottom to mitigate the hot water being added. I use this to preheat the foot of my bed under the covers before I get in. No leaking. Works great. I sort of wish I had gotten a colored-transparent one, but definitely transparent is good so that you can see the water level more clearly as you fill it. I may be babying this one more than I need to. It certainly appears to be very durable.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Holds the heat longer than traditional rubber bottles
  • Thermoplastic material that is odorless and recyclable
  • Can be used hot or cold
  • Cross-hatched design provides intense heat
  • Made in Germany

Description

Fashy is the name that consumers haver learned to trust when it comes to quality hot water bottles. Manufactured with the most advanced thermoplastic materials on the planet. Safe, effective, hygienic, virtually odor-free, and able to withstand both hot and cold in one product, Fashy Hot Water Bottles are the modern application of these ancient methods.



i love this hot water bottle. It’s sturdy and the rubber feels thick. I thought it might be hard to keep mold away when I’m not using, but It’s surprisingly easy to keep this clean. I just set it upside down for a day before putting back in my caninet with the top loosely screwed

The adhesive between the two shells appears uneven by eye, but this is a good bottle. It radiates heat more on one side that the other, which is cool. The advantage over OG rubber is you can microwave this one. I haven't tested that but my par boiled water causes no issues and it stays hot plenty, a bit better than the OG rubber ones. Get a cover. You can use other stuff as a lame cover, but the fitted is worth the humble expense.

Love, love, love this product that I own two. I used to use electric blankets when I was younger in winter but problems of electric blankets getting too warm, shorting out, or having to worry with some models not having an auto-shut-off kind of became a turn-off that when I was older I looked into some alternatives to keep me warm at night without having to turn up the household heat or use an electric blanket. I saw the charm in a classic hot water bottle and ended up ordering one for my own.

I bought my first hot water bottle November 2013 and it's lasted me until now without problems such as wearing, tearing, leaking, or yellowing. Overall, it's an unassuming sturdy, transparent water bottle with a plastic screw plug. I fill mine 2/3 the way up with hot water from my electric kettle, screw the top and let it sit in my bed to warm me up after a long day. If it's too hot to really touch I just wrap it up in a light throw blanket and let that be that. This water bottle hasn't failed me yet and I've found it to be still warm 12 hours later tucked under my bed blankets...not exactly as hot as I first popped it in my blankets but it's still warm to the touch. Hours warm will be less if you leave it uncovered.

I have been using this product for about 1 month now. It has many advantages over the usual orange ones that are cheaper. The hot water stays hot for a long time, unlike the others. The water doesn't get absorbed on the outside so it's not necessary to wrap it in a towel. A quick tap and the water is completely off the outside. Also the little hook that is on the top of the opening allows you to fill with hot water, without the hot water burning your hands. Very pleased with this. Thank you.

Totally worth every penny and glad I bought 3 of these. I gave one to my sister who lives in SF and have some chilly nights there. These keep warm all night and will cut your heating bill. I work from home and I hate turning on the heat for the entire house when I'm by myself so I just pop one of these on my lap and put a blanket over it and I'm good for the entire day at my desk. It's very comforting to my child too. I put one at the foot of her bed and she always has this warm wide smile when I put one in the bed.

We live with calcified hard water though and it does turn a pink color due to that water, but I'm not blaming the water bottle for that and don't care what it looks like. I may make a cover for it, but it's really not necessary. I pour boiling hot water into mine and can still manage it with my bare hands. The textured side makes it manageable, but the smoother side might get too hot for some hands.

Super worth the price and no regrets with this purchase. I love well designed and highly functional goods. This does not disappoint.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment