Monday, May 27, 2019

Sunbeam Heating Pad for Neck & Shoulder Pain Relief | Standard Size Renue, 4 Heat Settings with Auto-Shutoff

Sunbeam Heating Pad for Neck & Shoulder Pain Relief | Standard Size Renue, 4 Heat Settings with Auto-Shutoff | Brown, 14-Inch x 22-Inch

Sunbeam Heating Pad for Neck & Shoulder Pain Relief | Standard Size Renue, 4 Heat Settings with Auto-Shutoff | Brown, 14-Inch x 22-Inch

I read all the reviews before purchasing this. The Number 1 complaint was the smell. I took it out of the box and sniffed it like a blood hound. I found no odor. I plugged it in, put it against my neck and shoulders and cranked it on high. After two hours there was a slight odor. I can't explain it but it was not something that made me ill or caused me to throw it out in the yard and dial 911 to ask for a Hazmet Crew to rush to the scene. When it was turned off, there was nothing. I have it on right now and there is no odor.

The Number 2 complaint was it does not get hot enough. My thoughts on this one are much stronger. On high, this thing gets plenty hot! When I removed it yesterday, the back of the chair I was in was actually almost too hot to touch. My neck and shoulders felt so much better. Maybe some folks were wearing it over multiple layers of clothing. Maybe their Ancestry DNA results came back as 50% dinosaur. I used it over a heavy t-shirt and it was hot. I would not recommend using it on bare (non dinosaur) skin. You could easily burn yourself.

I am certain you noticed that I only gave it 4 stars even though I seem quite happy with the purchase. My subtraction of one star is due to the size of the item. It covers my shoulders and neck just fine. The problem is the length. Most back issues are in the lumbar region and that is where my other problem resides. Other than children, I don't see how this could reach L5-S1 on anyone.

That is the item I would buy in an instant. Neck, shoulders and lower back all at one time.

My heating pad arrived quickly. I was so glad because my old heating pad had stopped working. I use it everyday including right now as I type this review. Especially love the fact that you can wear it around your neck and shoulder area without worrying about the pad falling off. It is specially designed for that area and stays attached by a magnetic strip in the front. Love it!!!!

Much nicer than expected. Very soft with a nice, long cord. I usually only have to use the medium setting as the high setting is REALLY hot (high works well if I am wearing thicker clothes). It has a magnetic closure in the front and is slightly weighted to hold it down over the shoulders. I wish it was a little more weighted....sometimes I pull down on it so it has more contact on my shoulders. Overall I am very happy with it and I almost use it daily!

I have every heating pad, trigger point, Tens device, cream, ointment for back pain known to man and I have always struggled with finding the perfect solution for my neck that is comfortable and provides nice heat. Look no further my friend - THIS IS AWESOME and I need to purchase a back up just in case so I am never without this. I love the magnetized collar around your neck. It heats nicely and evenly and I just can't say enough about it. Don't even think about it if you have neck pain - THIS is for you.

This feels wonderful on the neck and upper back! There's not much warmth in the flaps that wrap around to the front however (a little). And the pad isn't wide enough in the back to fully get where the shoulder connects to the arm, so I don't feel the pad does much for the shoulders. Plus, the weighted rim of the pad can be a bit uncomfortable at times - not sure why it needs to be so bulky. Because the pad isn't long enough to cover the entire back, that weighted rim hits along the middle back and doesn't feel great. But in spite of these shortcomings, I do love the way this pad feels on my neck and upper back, and it gets nice and hot. Being able to secure the pad in place so it doesn't shift as I shift is really nice, and it's a cozy experience. If your main issue is neck and upper back pain, then I would recommend this pad.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • GET SOOTHING HEAT THERAPY WHERE YOU NEED IT: Tailored design provides relief to the neck and shoulders
  • MAGNETIC CLASP KEEPS PAD IN PLACE: Magnetic clasp and slightly weighted edges help the heat pad stay put for continued relief
  • SUPER-SOFT MICROPLUSH: Makes the heat feel even better as it eases tension away; pad is machine washable and easy-care
  • USE MOIST OR DRY HEAT: Includes sponge so it can be used with moist or dry heat
  • EASY TO USE: Digital LED controller features 4 customizable heat settings; extra-long power cord means you can move around while you relax
  • PEACE OF MIND: 2-hour auto-shutoff so you can relax in comfort without having to wake up and turn off the pad; 2-year limited warranty

Description

Surround yourself in warmth while you help soothe away tension and ease pain. The Sunbeam Renue Tension Relief Heat Wrap helps provide therapeutic relaxing heat directly to the area of stress in the neck and shoulders. This area-specific electric heating pad combines the benefits of innovative heat therapy with luxurious velveteen, fabric to offer spa-style moist or dry relief any day of the week. The 4 heat settings provide the level of intensity you need to begin feeling better. Includes a convenient 2-hour auto-off and an extra-long power cord.

SUPER-SOFT VELVETEEN FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT
Soft velveteen, fully washable electric heating pad has a tailored design to provide relief to the neck and shoulders

MAGNETIC CLASP KEEPS PAD IN PLACE
Heat pad has a magnetic clasp and slightly weighted edges to help it stay put for continued relief

USE MOIST OR DRY HEAT
Includes sponge so it can be used with moist or dry heat

EASY-TO-USE DIGITAL CONTROLS
Digital LED controller features 4 heat settings

PEACE OF MIND
2-hour auto-shutoff so you can relax in comfort without having to wake up and turn off the pad

A TRUSTED BRAND
Sunbeam is a trusted brand; protect offers a 2-year limited warranty



Bought this about 1 year ago. My wife uses it a lot. It just stopped working and I was about to buy another but instead visited the Sunbeam website where I found a customer service phone number (1-800-435-1250). Turns out there's a five year warranty and they are sending me a free replacement! What great customer service! I am impressed

UPDATED 03/10/2017:
My initial review, below, might have been a bit hasty. Somehow, it seems, this unit needed "breaking in" After a few uses, the temperatures seem to be warmer, provide a broader range, and are more constant than initial impressions. Still seems well made, and I give it a solid 4+ and recommend purchase.

Original Review:
While the Sunbeam XL Renue Heat Therapy Wrap seems well made, I experienced many of the same issues reported by other reviewers. The unit, on full power, does not get very warm. I think it heats up to what most might consider "medium". Once it gets there, it only stays so hot for about 15 minutes before getting quite a bit cooler - then it stays heating at the lower temperature, perhaps what one would expect to be "low". The size is reasonably good for a 5'11", 180ish male like me. I selected this product because I wanted it to treat lower on my back than other shoulder style units do. I am very sensitive to chemical odors and only experienced this upon initially opening the package - the smell dissipated immediately. This unit is very soft and flexible, unlike most "heating pads". I am not as happy with this purchase as I had hoped to be. If it performed better, the $50.00 tag would be reasonable, but considering the limitations, it's maybe worth $25-$30.

I am a male about 150 lb. This product covers my shoulder, neck and back perfectly just like shown in picture. The heat spreads very nicely in all areas including neck!

The magnet holds the heat wrap in place nicely and its very comfortable.

I was a little concerned of the smell that some users were reporting. I do not smell any strong order. Only a slight smell the first time usage, but it goes away after a very short time. The smell is similar to microwavable heat pads but a lot weaker. Nothing to worry about or concern about.

I have had it for about 7 days. Absolutely no smell.

The heat setting is another area that I had concern after reading some reviews stating not enough heat. I found that to be total opposite. I can only use the heat pad in Medium. It heats up very fast and very hot. The high setting is too hot for me. So I only use it at medium setting.

The only complain that I have is the available colors for this product. I wish they are wider range of colors for me to choose. I do not like any of the colors that are currently available.

I will recommend this product to any one.

only thing I don't like is the over welming smell of this item. I wased it twice and it still smells and when you use it the smell goes into the closes you are wearing. how do you get rid of the smell. Great product though. helped my back and neck immensely.

I have used this heating pad for years. I have neck pain after two disc replacement surgeries, and heat is the only thing that relieves it, other than opioids, which I no longer use. I use my heating pad at least 6 hours a day (I'm retired). The problem is, it quits working after 5 months or so of admittedly heavy use. The first two times this happened, the company (Sunbeam) sent a replacement heating pad. They let me know last time they would no longer replace the heating pad when it quits working. I ordered my last one in mid-July; it is now early December, and the heating pad has quit working. That's about $8 a month for effective pain relief, so I will order another one. This is the best heating pad on the market for neck pain; just be aware that it will not last long if you use it daily for several cumulative hours.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment