Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Bag Balm Vermont's Original 4.5 lb. Pail for Cracked Hands, Dry Skin, Moisturizing Lotion

Bag Balm Vermont's Original 4.5 lb. Pail for Cracked Hands, Dry Skin, Moisturizing Lotion Salve

Bag Balm Vermont's Original 4.5 lb. Pail for Cracked Hands, Dry Skin, Moisturizing Lotion Salve

If you buy this product in the store, it comes in a miniature or 8 oz cans, the 8 oz can costing $10. As a nurse, I use this product on patients who are in bed long periods of time or are bedridden and can not move on their own. Along with doTerra On Guard Foaming Hand Wash (to cleanse perineal area) patients are prevented against bedsores (of course, turning every 2 hours to either side and back has to be done). Also rub a small amount on heels, elbows, shoulder area prevents breakdown of skin on pony prominences. Also I use this product on my heels where I have callous buildup, applying at night and wearing socks so the product does not get on sheets (it does wash out, but it is easier washing the socks after use than changing sheets daily). Can be used on chapped hands. Great for babies bottoms and prevents diaper rash. Buying the 4.5 lb pail was much more economical than the 8 oz cans. I have also used it on the paw pads of my black lab and cocker spaniel when they became older and the pads had become hardened and massaged in only a small amount at a time, within two days their pads were soft and normal (surprising the vet).

I bought this recently and it is a different formula than 8 or 10 oz tins I used to get at CostCo. It is creamer, lighter in color and does not smell as strong. Ingredients listed on the tins is :8-HYDROXY QUINOLINE SULFATE 0.3% IN A PETROLATUM LANOLIN BASE. The new formula ingredients are : PETROLATUM, LANOLIN, 8-HYDROXY QUINOLINE SULFATE 0.3%, PARAFFIN WAX. Where the tins seem to have more medicine while the tub has more fillers of petroleum, lanolin and a new ingredient paraffin wax. I appreciate the reduction of smell but at this time I don't know if it will do as good a job as the original formula. The difference in the amount of medicine between the tins and tub might explain the price difference. After I have used this for awhile I'll update this review with how well it stops pain and heals compared to the original formula.

I was a bit skeptical when ordering, but this is the exact same Bag Balm as in the 8 oz. tin.
BUT at less than 1/2 the price per ounce.
The equivalent of 9 tins!
I laughed when it artived because the tub is ridiculously HUGE. I'm glad we kept the 8oz empty tin. We just refilled it from this GIGANTIC tub with a nice clean spoon.

I generally purchase about three (3) of these 4.5 lb. containers annually. I use these to lotion my feet and legs after showering ; also use this on my Mom to lotion her feet and legs. Her doctor is AMAZED at how good her skin looks for a person in her late 80's. I came onto BagBalm® after seeing my uncle use this in the 1960's on his animals (cows) and his hands that stayed generally chap free. Use it as a lip balm. Been using it for 50+ years. Absolutely fantastic. Some might consider it 'greasy' but I look at it from the standpoint of WHAT it does (at least for me).

I am an aging female who loves to take hot showers. When my skin deteriorated to a point where I was covered with itchy red eruptions. I couldn't sleep through the night because my skin was on fire. After researching the issue on the Internet (how could we have lived without it?), I determined that I had to cut back on showers. But how could I get my skin back in shape? I remembered that my sister had horrible cracking hands in the 1960's. We had traveled through Oregon on a road trip and we made friends with many orchard growers, pickers and packers. They recommended this product to my sister. And it worked miracles, healing her hands in less than a week. So I bought it on Amazon, hoping it would do two things: stop the itching and heal the skin. It performed those miracles and I went through a small tin very quickly. So I bought the industrial size for a very good price on Amazon, much cheaper than it was in the only drugstore that carries it in town.

If you have some major skin irritation you would like to heal quickly, don't waste your money on doctors until you try this product. Coat your body with it after a shower. Yes, you will smell a little medicinal for a few hours. But you won't be scratching all day. This is a wonderful product, and I never say that about over-the-counter or any other medicine. For aging boomers, Bag Balm and low-dose aspirin will enhance your life!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • For frequent, heavy use on severely dry skin, cracked heels and chapped hands
  • A small amount of Bag Balm applied to your lips, face, hands, cuticles, feet, elbows or knees works hard to moisturize and soften your severely dry skin.
  • You can even apply Bag Balm to pets paws, noses and hot spots.

Description

From the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont, Bag Balm Works Wonders! Pail contains 4.5 lbs of Bag Balm ointment. With its roots on dairy farms in Vermont's rugged Northeast Kingdom, Bag Balm is extremely effective at softening dry skin that cracks, splits or chafes. Originally formulated in 1899 with 4 simple ingredients, its intensely moisturizing formula has stood the test of time.



If you have heard this works for rubbing on feet and other tender spots to prevent chaffing, then you heard correctly. I bought this for the purpose of back packing and hiking long distances with a heavy load. This is a great product. Try a little at a time on the feet, hips and shoulders (where ever chaffing occurs). I didn't have any reactions to it, and my feet stayed blister free for up to 20 miles. Pair with some thin toe socks and smart wool, and you have a great chance to prevent hot spots and blisters.

I love this stuff and use it daily since I have developed a skin condition that the dermatologist cannot determine the cause. It does on on slightly greasy but absorbs pretty quickly so it is only temporary. It has really helped to reduce the itch associated with my rash so has made a huge difference for me. 4.5 pounds is a lot but I put it is smaller containers and share it with extended family. They also love it.

If you use this for your hands are your feet it’s the best stuff ever... it’swhat they use on cow udders, which if you can use that visual LOL, but the stuff is amazing and it is a little pricey if you get it in smaller containers and this big tub just showed up and it’s like less than half the price so I’m extremely happy because my whole family uses it! Hope they keep the size in stock and or put it on subscribe and save hint hint!

My wife has very sensitive skin which reacts badly to just about any cleaning product (laundry soap, floor cleaner, sprays, etc) and has been using bag-balm for more than 20 years. Finding this giant container has been great for us. We actually repackage it into smaller containers and keep all in the refrigerator to keep them solid until we start using each container. Buying in small quantities locally is price-prohibitive.

Works awesome. Used it on Mom when she was starting to get bed sores. It prevented a lot of them. My Boyfriend has dry cracked fingers and in the evening we put this on his when he comes in from the cold weather and it heals them. Use this on grandma who has thin skin and bruises easily. Her skin looks good. There are many uses for this. Love it

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment