Sunday, May 26, 2019

Mueller Reusable Cold-Hot Pack, White, 6 Inch X 9

Mueller Reusable Cold-Hot Pack, White, 6 Inch X 9 Inch

Mueller Reusable Cold-Hot Pack, White, 6 Inch X 9 Inch

I was looking for a replacement cold-hot pack to the one I had years ago, and I was dismayed to go to local stores (and even online) that most are either cold or hot, but not both, and the ones that were available were either overpriced or too small to be viable to use in many different applications.

After doing a bit of research, I came upon this one with rave reviews. It did not disappoint- it's the perfect size, can be used for both hot and cold, the price is very reasonable (especially compared to the alternatives), and I found that it was great at both retaining heat and cold.

One feature I found particularly great was the fact that when you have it in the freezer (indefinitely), it does not become "rock-hard", which can be very hard to shape around the part of your body that needs the cold pack. Instead it's a very malleable/shapeable consistency, which in all my years of using medical equipment I haven't seen before. That's a HUGE plus.

Another wonderful feature is the presence of very clear, concise instructions for use on the pack itself, both for hot and cold applications. No need to remember "how long do I boil/microwave it?", for example. When it comes to needing to treating any kind of injury, this kind of feature is invaluable.

Five stars. A perfect cold pack in every way. I'm tempted to stock up for when the first one wears out!

i started working retail again after abotu 12 years, and several, several pounds later... well needless to say my feet were killing me every single night to the point i couldnt walk on them once id relaxed after work, and i could feel the nerves going crazy in them throughout the night trying to sleep. I was honestly surprised when i found this pack because I have one of the same ones from probably 15 years ago at least, and i liked the size and how it stayed pliable and squishy even being in the freezer for days. some other packs ive had get too rigid and dont mold to the area.

The only difference is they updated the branding and such on the packet. still works great. same brand, same size. and feels exactly like its older counterpart. now i have 2 packs for my unhappy feets when i come home and the cooling gel just feels good.

Like others, I wish Mueller made these packs at least a little larger, but this is definitely the best ice pack out there. The gel inside gets very cold, retains its temp, and bends with great flexibility.

Seller did a great job of keeping me informed of the package's availability and transit. I appreciated the email updates, and the order arrived right on time in its sturdy package. They really care about customer service!

I have a lot of other joints to ice and heat, so I might just order another three or four of these. Over the course of several years, I've had a leak in one only once, a long time ago, and that was a cold-pack that had suffered several years of bending and mild abuse.

Okay, since I've been pregnant I've been struggling to have some pain relief. I originally thought my go to for back pain Tiger Balm would be okay - alas it is not.

I got this back for it's versatility ... it works great in the freezer or in the microwave. I've been very happy with the product. I'm a little concerned about the durability, the bag is not that thick and could easily get snagged.

I love that it doesn't take long to heat this either - and it provides just the right amount of relief without being too hot for your skin.

I have ordered this couple of times in past as well, this is ideal size for Calf, shoulders or any other focused body part cold therapy. Only downside I felt, it looses its cooling pretty quickly being applied- sometime in 10 minutes, it'd need to be put back into refrigerator.

Otherwise, it's best product and does the job well.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Ideal for headaches and toothaches
  • Cold therapy for sprains and other injuries
  • Heat therapy for ongoing aches and pains.
  • Moderate compression with heat helps promote improved circulation and healing
  • Reusable
  • Pack is ideal for cold or heat therapy in treating minor scrapes and bruises,muscle aches,sprains, headaches, toothaces,minor burns,and insect bites
  • Heat therapy forongoing aches and pains.
  • Designed to be reusable

Description

This reusable pack is ideal for cold therapy or heat therapy in treating minor scrapes and bruises.



I ordered the Mueller Reusable Cold/Hot Pack because I'd had a shoulder replacement and had to warm up my shoulder before exercises and then use the cold pack after. I purchased an extra pack for this application - I keep one in the freezer and heat the other in the microwave. This pack fits the shoulder very well and I'm very sure it would also work if used on the knee. I was unable to attach the pack to my shoulder by myself and needed my husband's assistance. I've had to use hot/cold packs in the past but I've always just wet and microwaved a heavy towel to obtain heat; and a homemade cold pack (water and rubbing alcohol). Believe me, this Mueller is far superior to those applications

I love these ice packs and have been using them for years. I used to buy them at local retail stores but none of them carry this particular type. Others have little balls in them that are just uncomfortable but these freeze to a nice jell consistency. That said I took them down one star only because they used to sell only a couple dollars a piece and I have to pay a bit more for them now plus shipping. I WILL still buy them but I wish I could order a six pack or something (at a lesser price) than buying each individually. They do have a very large set but it is way to many. (like 25).

I'm a marathoner-- actually just completed my tenth race a few days ago. I love these ice packs because they're inexpensive, COLD, and they do what they're supposed to do time and time again! I will typically use an ace bandage to secure an ice pack to each knee. 10-15 minutes later I have iced knees. Drop the ice pack back in the freezer and I can repeat in a few hours if necessary.

I've never had any trouble with these things freezing/breaking/etc etc etc.

I however have no experience using these as hot packs.

This is the best cold pack I have ever used. I just purchased several more because over the years my boys have lost some. These cold packs stay colder for a longer period of time than any others I have purchased and I always keep a couple in the freezer. Pliant and small enough to be used on any injury you can used sports wrap to keep in place, and use more than one at a time, if necessary. I always put a thin piece of material between the skin and the cold pack but it may not be necessary. As a mother of 6 sports minded boys I feel I am somewhat of an expert on these types of items and feel this is the best you will find on the market today.

Some cold packs that I have bought are too stiff when in the freezer, and so cold they're painful. Others don't fit most of the waist holders for these packs. Mueller bags are perfect for both - and with plenty of back troubles, it's the main one I now use (I have more than one to always keep one cold). I would have thought they would all be the same, but they're not!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment