
This rollator fills the bill very nicely for us, because it's light and rolls around the house quite nicely. Yes, it's a bit cheesy here and there and might not be strong enough for a vigorous outing, but that's probably what's needed to achieve the lightness and affordable price.
However on my copy, there's a flaw that could well become a safety issue. The handle bolts, at 1 1/8" are too short. One wouldn't even thread into the hand screw and the other just barely. I've replaced them with longer bolts, but buyer beware.
This has been reported to the vendor.and I hope it's being/been corrected. Having one of the handles suddenly slip down could cause a fall.
I have a genetic connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos syndrome that causes chronic pain and makes it easy to injure my joints. When my surgeon told me I had a labral tear in my left "good" hip and recommended surgery, he was very concerned that being on crutches would cause more damage to my already severely damaged right hip. He suggested a wheelchair, but that's not an option for me because I have shoulder damage from using a wheelchair in the past.
After realizing that it's easier to go anything more than a short distance while hanging onto a shopping cart, I decided to look into rollator walkers.
I selected this model because it is the lightest one I could find with 4 wheels. I LOVE it! I was on crutches for 2 years while dealing with complications from a surgery on the other hip. I even have my crutches decked out with siligrip handles and pads. This is so much easier to use, and much gentler on my fragile, weak shoulders and damaged hips. There's no impact - I can easily support both my legs and just glide along with hardly any effort. The handles are ergonomic too, which I appreciate, and the dark red color is pretty. It seems surprisingly sturdy. The night before my surgery I tried to get it to flip out from under me by putting all my weight on the very ends of the handles and it didn't budge at least for my 120 lbs.
The cons are that I'm not sure how I would do stairs with this device, and also it's difficult to get it to fold up when the fabric bag is attached. However, the bag is easy to remove. It also has a fairly wide turning radius, so navigating through tight doorways and hallways can be a bit of a challenge.
I'm so happy I ordered this, and I'm looking forward to an easier recovery with this awesome device.
As described and very light weight. Easy to assemble, even though the pictures can be a little confusing regarding the rear wheels. Once adjusted for height, my 94 year old grandfather was able to move around with ease and walk further than he has been able to in over a year!! Far more effective for walking than the traditional two wheel walker. Having the ability to sit down when needed is a huge benefit. My only complaint is that to set the brakes when you want to sit, does require some good downward force on the brake handles. It did prove difficult for an older man with limited strength. Overall, great product and I am very pleased with the order.
The roller walker is excellent but there was an indentation (see photo) on one of the wheels that had a brake stop, possibly due to heat while the brake was on but delivered that way. I will try to get in touch with the manufacturer to see if they will send me another wheel or assembly. Also, the width of the seat is a bit small, but otherwise would be a five star rating.
As described, this is a LIGHTWEIGHT rollator! My other rollator is almost 18 lbs. This one is 11 lbs. What a difference it makes when lifting it in and out of the car.
My other one is made of steel. This one is made of aluminum, but looks just as good.
One thing about this one is that it should ONLY be used on smooth surfaces or carpet.
My other one is ok for going on out of doors events.
This one I bought to take me into the health club, to the dressing room, and to the pool - and then back.
I am so happy that I got this one.

Feature Product
- Lightweight aluminum rollator frame supports up to 250 lb, weighs only 11 lbs, and features easy grip brakes for added safety plus 6-inch wheels/casters
- Arms and seat are height adjustable to accommodate users 4'11" to 6'4"
- Combination of padded seat and backrest for added comfort, along with the foldable, lightweight design for hassle-free, compact storage | Easy tool-free assembly
- Convenient removable storage bag under seat with adjustable shoulder strap. Latex free - yes
- Distance between handle: 17 inches | Seat height min./max.: 18 inches - 23 inches | Overall height min./max.: 29 inches - 36 inches
Description
The relator weighs only 11 lbs. (5 kg). Lightweight and folding capabilities make this the ideal model to get in and out of the car/storage. Height-adjustable arms and legs let users find a perfect fit as this relator accommodates users 4'11"-6'4" (147-188 cm). Weight capacity is 250 lbs. (113 kg). Wheels are 6 " (15 cm); distance between handles is 17" (43 cm); seat height min./max. is 18"-23" (46-58 cm).; height min./max. is 29"-36" (74-91 cm).Ultralight Relators - MDS86825SLRQ2 X R2 X22.75Made in: United States
The product came undamaged and complete. The assembly was simple, and tweaking the seat and arm heights for the specific user was intuitive and no issue. The unit is exceptionally light, and folds up well enough (though perhaps a bit flatter would be a bit better). Though the structural tubing diameter is a bit smaller than the heavier competition, it feels quite sturdy. Brakes work in both a hold and a locking mode, and at the onset work nicely in each. Wheels roll well, and the burgundy color is outstanding ... literally. The user is delighted so far. The pricing reflects the ultralight quality of this device, and we are not displeased that we paid a small bit more for it. We will come back here if there are any durability issues.
Afterthought: For those who are disappointed that the device does not seem to work well to have people move about seated, the instruction book - in several ways - makes it very clear not to do that. It is not a movable chair or a mini wheelchair. The seat is for resting. Only.
Bought for my 86 year old petite mother. She admits the Rollator gives her balance to walk, is narrow enough to go through the doors into the bedrooms in her house, and also uses it to set items on to move them around the house. (such as taking folded towels into the bathroom to put them away) She has used the Rollator to shop a little. When arthritis flares up in her ankles, she now has her own place to sit down to rest for awhile. This Rollator is lighter than the others, and is very convenient to store in the back seat when I take my mother places. I really think that this item will be very helpful for my mother to walk around her yard in the Spring. Less chance of her tripping, and convenience of sitting down when she needs to.
I've purchased two of these walkers thru Amazon. The lightweight design is great, and works well for my mom who is all of 90 in both years and pounds. After about 1.5 years, the first one developed a wheel problem -- it essentially became very hard to turn and was a real problem for using the walker. After tinkering a bit and disassembling the wheel, I found that one of the two bearings in the wheel hub came apart. I searched for wheel bearings for this specific product but didn't have much luck. Removing the defective bearing and letting the wheel operate with just one actually worked ok as a temporary solution, but I wasn't really comfortable with the for the long term, so I decided to order the same walker again and I plan to use the first one for parts if needed. I'm sure I could have found a bearing supplier who carries a bearing with the same dimensions, but I didn't feel like doing that at the time. I may yet do that, repair the broken one and donate it so someone can get some use out of it. This would be a 5 star item if 1) it held up more than 18 months, and/or 2) parts were readily available. As it is, I obviously still like the walker well enough to buy a second one... it's truly light and easy to maneuver, it's very sturdy, it has decent brakes, it has an ok seat, and it operates indoors or outdoors just fine. So I recommend it, but know that parts may be an issue if you ever need to repair it.
The first thing I noticed was the packaging. Each piece was carefully wrapped to avoid damage in shipping. The assembly instructions were clear and easy to understand, all required parts were there and all fit together like they were supposed to.
For as light as it is, this walker is sturdy and well made and I feel safe using it.
My mom really likes her super light rollator, it was very easy to put together and make adjustments to suit her height. She is getting use to using it as it is different then the regular walker and weighs a bit more for loading in her car. She had been talking about this walker for quite awhile and now she can shop and sit when she needs to and not have to find a place to rest. This next comment has nothing to do with the rollator, it would have been nice to know when the product was going to be delivered other then between this date to that date, which was about a 5 day timeline, other then that very satisfied with product.







0 comments:
Post a Comment