
I ordered a 1,000 count package. I'm sure these are great cotton balls, but make sure you have enough room in your cabinet to hold the package. I had to laugh.
Honestly, they're great. Totally sturdy. Very absorbent. But you might need a separate medicine cabinet or storage closet for the bag. There are so many. So very, very many. The bag could double as a pillow (please don't use it as a pillow... plastic bag... children... the usual disclaimers). And they are not small, which is absolutely great for us. I tear them into thirds or quarters so I have even more now! I've honestly used one cotton ball ripped into five pieces to remove nail polish on one hand. And the torn up pieces were still great, did the job and then some. It's weird to be enthusiastic about a bag of cotton balls but if you're going to buy some, might as well buy the lifetime supply.
Update. It is now June 2018 and i am ordering my second bag!! Could not believe 1 bag lasted over 1 year! I use these to wash my face remove makeup etc day and night!!
I do,not understand how amyone can give cotton balls a bad rating. These may be a tad bit smallwr than average, but they are still,super absorbant as are,most cotton balls, and the bag is huge, the. Size of my torso. Great for,the price!!
I am picky about my cotton size (no pun intended). These are just right for the use in my acupuncture practice when non-sterile cotton is do-able. I have ordered several bags over the last year and will keep ordering them.
Got tired of ordering "large" cotton balls and getting stuck with small ones. These are actually full-sized cotton balls as advertised. Will be ordering these again for sure! I use them as part of a botany lab for kids in grades 3-8 and go through hundreds every week. These are perfect for plugging the holes in the bottom of our seed-starters.

Feature Product
- Use Dynarex Cotton Balls to apply makeup, astringents and cleansing lotions and to remove makeup and nail polish
- Cotton is naturally soft, absorbent and gentle
- Non-sterile
Description
Dynarex Cotton Ball Large, Non-Sterile, 1000 Count
The cotton balls delivered to me bore the McKesson brand. They arrived packed in two heavy-duty white paper bags placed side by side in a shipping carton. The cotton balls were labeled to be 100% pure cotton, hypoallergenic and latex free. They are also labelled as "large" and appear to be so based on my comparison to ones I have bought locally. They are about 1 1/4" in diameter and are perfect for all my uses. I transferred several hundred into some Ziploc bags and keep those in the house and I keep the carton with the white paper bags in the garage for later use. I don't think I will need to buy more anytime soon. Good quality, great price, and they were delivered in just two days.
Good value. Tired of running out so I bought this huge bag. The bag is somewhat large; the size of a sofa accent pillow, not a bed pillow. The cottn balls themselves seem average in size, not small nor large. Happy with this purchase.
Cheapest, nicest, fluffiest, large size cotton balls. Used these with water only for baby's diaper changes for the first 6 months when we were concerned she was reacting to the chemical in the wipes. The big size made it easy to handle, even for blow outs. Kept skin safer.
Glad to have gotten a great deal on cottonballs! Yes, the package is the size of a bed pillow. And yes, the cottonballs are small- normal sized, not large as stated in the description. They work as intended.
Updated 5/22/11: Just noticed that the price of this 2-pack of Large cotton balls has almost tripled in price since I bought these and wrote my initial review. So I took off one star and am updating the review. They are still a good value when compared to the normal price of triple size cotton balls bought locally, but check your local stores before you buy these. When I bought these only 6 weeks ago, the price was just $8.52 for the two bags. That worked out to 43 cents per 100 cotton balls. Now they are about $1.13 per 100 cotton balls. Either they made a mistake in their original listing, which I initially suspected (see original review below) or the price simply suddenly went up a lot.
*********************************
Original Review:
I couldn't believe the low price of these when I saw the Amazon page. Thought there must be something wrong with the cotton balls, or that there was an error on the page in terms of quantity and/or price. Went ahead and ordered to find out and couldn't be more impressed. I ordered the "Large" size.
These work as well as any of the triple-sized cotton balls I've been buying forever from my local drugstores to primarily use to remove makeup with toner and alcohol. Perhaps they are a tad bit smaller than a true triple size, but they are close, definitely much much larger than standard sized cotton balls.
Locally, the lowest I can get a 100-ct bag of triple size cotton balls is $1. And that's on a sale. It's normally closer to $1.50 or $2 per 100. You get 2000 cotton balls with this Amazon order (2 bags of 1000) which would come to $20 if I bought locally, on sale. But you only pay a little over $8 total here, which comes to 43 cents per 100 ct.
The only thing to be careful of is that when I received my original order, it only contained 1 bag. I emailed Amazon, and they sent out a replacement. But nstead of sending just the missing bag, they sent me 2 new bags and pre-paid for me to return the 1 bag I initially received. Obviously, it would have been more cost-efficient on their end to just send me the missing bag, but in the end, it all worked out fine for me.







0 comments:
Post a Comment