
My wife had not been sleeping well for years and had tried everything from A-Z (except sleeping pills) to sleep through the night. A doctor suggested she try cognitive sleep therapy and recommended a couple of books. When she ordered the book, the mat came up in the Amazon suggested products. The book and mat arrived at the same time and my wife used the mat that same night. She slept through the night that very first time! She never got to read the book because the mat worked so well, right away. She was taking melatonin before going to bed and no longer needs to do so. She falls asleep right away and sleeps through the night. When my feet are sore, I stand on it for a few minutes before going to bed and it really makes a difference. It's been over two months since she ordered this product and we are very happy with this purchase. My wife recommends this product to anyone willing to listen. This product has made a big difference for our family.
When I first lie on Spoonk it is a bit prickly, I have no idea how long it stays this way I keep falling asleep so fast. I wake up anywhere from 45 mins to maybe an hour and a half later. If I was using it before bed time I seem to wake up just enough to safely move it out of the way but I fall back asleep easily. I didn't n't tend to sleep very easily but this has made a major difference.
I love it on my heel as well, I have planter fasciitis in both feet, nothing gets into the heel quite like Spoonk.
Update: I pulled my lower back at work and had been resting on Spoonk every night. Yesterday I opted not too and I was in so much more pain than usual. Last night I used my Spoonk and the pain has diminished. It is not all the way healed but it is manageable.
Holy crap this works really well.
I grew up in the Far East, where my parents used similar mats a lot. As a child, I found them to be too "prickly," but when I got sick, my grandmother forced me to lie on it for 10-15 minutes - and according to my family, I recovered faster.
I started searching for such a mat here in the US, after being diagnosed with an autoimmune condition, and looking for the ways to aid my healing. Here, however, the problem was not to find a mat, but to find an ECOLOGICALLY SAFE mat. There is a great number of mats on the market, most of them are produced in China, and I knew that the off-gassing from the materials would endanger my already compromised immune system and potentially undo the benefits that I seek to derive from the mat. After a long time of contacting manufacturers (and a couple of trips to my local "green" stores), I settled on Spoonk mat - because its cover is made from organic cotton and hemp, the their eco-foam is made in the US, and their spikes are from the safer version of ABC plastic.
I have now had this mat for only 2 days, but am coming back to report...that my grandmother was right, when she insisted that I lie on the mat to heal. First, I am sleeping through the entire night - first time in many months. Second, I awake much more rested. Third, my blood pressure is rising (I have a problem with low blood pressure, 85/45...and it hit twice to 110/60 after the treatment). Finally, my tai chi practice have improved tremendously. These are only the 2 days of use observations, and I know that the effects of these mats, like accupuncture itself, are cumulative.
I do have to say that I did not go for 5-10 minutes "get used to" sessions, but started right away at 30-45 minutes duration. And yes, it still hurts a good bit for the first 5-10 minutes. But what comes after that is really worth the pain.
I am so encouraged with the results of just these first treatments that I am thinking about ordering another mat for my aging mother - as a token of remembrance but also a vital tool of health. Thank you, Spoonk.
I love my Spoonk! I am amazed at just how quickly and completely it releases tension in my back and neck. 5-7 minutes lying on it seems to do the trick. I know some people lie on it longer, but for me that's enough time for all the tension to melt. I also put a small pillow under the top of the mat for my neck and then turn my neck from side to side. Sometimes I watch TV while lying on it. I find with this mat I don't need to go to the chiropractor. Because it seems to nip in the bud the tension that causes the back to go into misalignment. It has saved me a lot of money! I usually use the mat at night or in times of high stress when my back/neck tightens up. I find that this mat can either relax you or energize you. If I use it for only 3 or 4 minutes, it energizes me, but if I use it for longer, it relaxes me. I encourage people to experiment with it. I'm even trying to (slowly!) get accustomed to standing on it. It's well made and comes with a nice carry bag. I like it so much that I have already recommended it to some friends.
I originally tried acupressure mats based on the universal positive reviews. I have suffered from back pain ever since I began working at a computer. I have tried all sorts of remedies from massage to gadgets. Naturally, nothing beats a good massage, however, they are expensive so I don't get them as often as I would like. The back gadgets available do provide some relief, but they just don't give you the euphoria of a massage. These mats do! You get that hard-to-explain euphoric feeling after and during using these mats - not a massage but pretty good stuff. Keep in mind the first time I got on one of these it was painful (and I consider myself tough). Stick with it for a week and it gets much, much better - even great. The knots are much better now and I look forward to time on the Spoonk mat. If you are reading this you probably discovered there are a lot of different companies providing these mats. I tried over 6 of them including some of the cheapest and some of the more popular ones like the "Heavenly". Long story short they are not made the same as the Spoonk mat. The Spoonk is many times better quality in both the spikes and the cloth cover. Most of the cloth covers were very thin. The Spoonk has a feeling of quality and you can tell this mat was made by people that care. The customer service is very good on this product too - they were quick to answer my emails. Other mats are less expensive but you will not find another mat with this quality elsewhere - the bag is nice too.
Save yourself some time and frustration and just get this one.

Feature Product
- Lie down on your back against the Spoonk mat in your bed. We recommend direct skin contact with the mat for 20-40 minutes for the best effect
- The initially strong sensation of the stimulation spikes will subside after 1-2 minutes as relaxation spreads throughout the body, reducing stiffness and pain
- Once you reach a deeper level or relaxation you are ready to remove the mat and go to sleep. Relaxation before sleep is crucial to achieve deeper and sounder sleep
- Instead of the snooze button, try lying on the Spoonk mat for 10 minutes in the morning
- Spoonk products are produced with the highest environmental criteria in mind and are made with all natural materials.
Description
The Spoonk Mat works on the simple principle of acupressure - the healing art known as the Shiatsu massage. By stimulating increased circulation with 6210 acupressure points on problematic areas, you relieve muscle tension and pain, while at the same time rejuvenating and rebalancing the whole body. The stimulation points are made with high quality, non-toxic, hypoallergenic ABS plastic. Spoonk is the only brand that uses plant based, USA-made, CertiPur-US Eco-foam-free from PBDE flame retardants and made using VPF technology. Our fabric is GOTS certified (Global Organic Textile Standard) and 100% cotton.
Finally a product that really works naturally...no medication, no electric and no batteries. After reading reviews I was hesitant that this Spoonk was for real, but after the first time I used it I was totally convinced. I first tried it with a tee shirt and quickly used it on bare skin which works the best. The pressure points mimmick electro-stim perfectly. The initial intense prickiness is reduced shortly after laying on the mat, but it seems to target the points that need it the most. It gets the blood flowing into your back and relieves the pain. It puts your whole body in a very relaxed state. I had back surgery many years ago and struggle with lower back pain ever since. The Spoonk is a great help with my pain reduction. I am not a back sleeper, but this product can be used for side sleepers also...I just roll over on my side after I feel back pain relief or I simply remove it. I do visit my Chiropractor regularly and I do suggest that you do not stop Chiropractic treatment, but this product is wonderful...I actually look forward to using it :)
I work in live broadcasting for a major network, which causes me to have to travel all of the time (for a good part of the year I am out of town every weekend). I heard about this product from a certified veteran in the Television industry. He explained to me that it would not be possible for him to do his job as long or as successfully as he has without his Spoonk mat. I am not one to disregard advice from a respected superior, so I ordered one right then and there sitting in the Delta Sky Club.
Honestly, I was pretty skeptical that laying on some random mat would be able to fix all of the sleep issues that I have had over the last 7 or so years trying to get some semblance of rest in different timezones and on horrible hotel mattresses. It did every single thing my coworker had promised and more!!! This thing completely blows my mind. Now when I get back to the hotel for the night, and I am trying to wind down so I can get some sleep, I lay down on my Spoonk for 15-20 minutes while watching some TV or answering emails, and my mind and body are relaxed and ready to rest. I have never been able to achieve this even in my bed at home in my life. Simply incredible.
I originally made this purchase for work, but use it every day. If I ever have soreness in my neck, back, feet, anywhere really, my Spoonk is the first thing that I grab. Can not recommend this enough!!!
I'm not completely sold on this item...and in fact, it mostly sits and collects dust, and I've thought about selling.
But when I do dust it off, it feels great to lie down on....especially on days that I'm hunched over my desk doing computer work.
I'm so glad I ordered it. I searched the internet for over two hours -- reading lots of customer reviews -- before deciding on the Spoonk. I'd never tried an acupressure mat before. (The Spoonk seemed to have consistently high ratings and was affordable to me.) Although there may be others out there that are just as good, or possibly even better, all I can say, from my limited experience, is that this mat is amazing. Who'd ever guess that something, so simple, could deliver so many good resultts?
The first time I tried it, I wore a thin T-shirt...and soon felt extremely relaxed. The second time I used the mat, I went bare-skinned. It hurt, but in a good way, and the discomfort went away very quickly. Within about 20 minutes, I felt this amazing, warm rush, over my entire body, but especially in the area of my head and back. Truly delicious! Blissful.
These days, it's like I can't be without this mat. Every night I lie down on it at bed time. It feels so good to just lie there under the sheets. (My bed is quite firm.) Sooner or later, I usually feel the warm rush I already described, but even if I don't experience that particular sensation, I always feel deeply relaxed. At some point - usually after abour a half hour -- I'll notice that I've been drifting off to sleep. I'll sit up, pull out the mat, pull on my pajama top, lie down again, and ZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZ.
There's only one possible draw back I can think of: One time I slept so soundly, right from the get go, that I woke up hours later, with the mat still under me! Ouch! (My back definitely did not like that.) So... now, (if I'm so extremely tired that I think something like that might happen again,) I put on a thin T-shirt before lying down on the mat. Just to be on the safe side.)
I bought one for my sister for Christmas and I printed off some of the reviews and included them with her gift. We had a good laugh at how much the reviews made it sound like a instrument of torture. I was waiting for her to use hers to see how she liked it, but she took too long. I went ahead and bought one for myself. The first time I used it I was petrified. But I laid on it for 5 minutes. The next time I laid on it for 10 minutes. Now I can fall asleep on it. As you first start using it, you can feel your back pulsating. A weird feeling, but I know it is working its magic.
I suffer from mid-back pain that triggers when I do things like fold clothes, chop vegetables, or many other activities that have my arms extended forward for long periods of time. Now, when I feel the muscle starting to spasm, I go lay on my Spoonk. If I catch it soon enough, the Spoonk is enough to stop the muscles spasm in its tracks. If I let it go on too long before using the Spoonk, the Spoonk will give me relief but only for about 20 - 30 minutes. But that is enough time for pain medication to kick in.
The spoonk can be addictive. My mother now has one and she lent it to a family friend and he couldn't believe how well he slept after using it...so she let him keep it and got herself another one.
Previous reviews mentioned something about a free travel mat for leaving a 5 star review. Someone complained and I understand, but darn, I just missed the free offer! I was leaving a 5 star anyway and would have loved a free travel mat! But the good thing is, the regular Spoonk comes with a carrying bag so I can take it with me and believe me I will!
UPDATE - September 2013
Received the travel Spoonk from my mother for my birthday! I love it. I keep it in the car in case I get a muscle spasm while out. There are so many times I have been out when my back started to spasm and it is extremely painful to drive home. Now, with the Spoonk travel mat, I just slip it on my seat and lean back and it provides the necessary pain relief to allow me to drive home.







0 comments:
Post a Comment