Sunday, May 12, 2019

Nooz - Armless Reading Glasses - Black +1,5 Rectangular - Wherever you

Nooz - Armless Reading Glasses - Black +1,5 Rectangular - Wherever you go

Nooz - Armless Reading Glasses - Black +1,5 Rectangular - Wherever you go

Received mine today and was pleasantly surprised. Took a little while to adjust to them. I’m African American so with a wider nose bridge you may have to play with them to find the “sweet spot ". Also if you have oily skin be aware they will slide so be conscious of that. I have the 2.5 strength and can see much clearly for reading. As a matter of fact I'm writing this review wearing them and see crystal clear on my iPad.

I've used thinoptics brand of readers - the lure of that brand is that they're THIN! Great for very temporary use, but just uncomfortable for me for anything over 5 minutes. That's a downer as I'm more and more reliant on readers with each passing day. The other issue is the frame will slide out of the case while in my pocket or when grabbing them to go. I eventually stopped carrying them.

Enter Nooz.

I was a little hesitant to get these because I'd been down this path before, but it looked like the design solved the two main issues I experienced with the thinoptics brand. 'Longer use comfort' and staying secure in the case. Both checked out. A bonus: due to the wider nose piece design and material, they also stay put much better.

As with any review, your milage may vary. I suspect that most wanting or needing a similar solution will have very positive experiences with this brand.

I'm one of those people who read while lying on bed. With regular glasses the frame would get in the way between my face and the pillow. This lens doesn't have the frame to get in the way, and has enough grip to stay on even when my head is tilted sideways. When the lens in in the case it's thin and tough enough that I can store the lens under my pillow.

I have a couple pair of the other company who offers these type of glasses, and I can honestly say, these Nooz glasses are easily a better fit for me. They are a bit thicker, frame wise, but I especially like the way they fit me better than the other brand. Build quality seems quite good as well.... I will surely be buying more of these in the near future. How they will hold up in the long run, is impossible to tell right now, but so far I give these 5 stars.

I bought these because I work in the construction industry and the environment is very dusty. I liked the idea of the case and the ability to keep the glasses in my pocket and out of the dust. I have been very pleased and impressed so far. The glasses remain scratch free after a couple of weeks so I have great hope for them. They are also very convenient to carry around. I keep mine on a lanyard do they are really accessable. I would highly recommend these glasses.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • High quality polycarbonate reading glasses. Ultra-practical: Reading glasses always at hand. They slip into your pocket, your bag and can even be attached to your keyring.
  • Fits your nose: Ultra flexible frame. Super soft anti-slip silicone nose bridge for optimal comfort.
  • Made in France: High quality magnifying glasses. 100% French manufacturing. Soft-touch case for optimum protection of the glasses without being bulky.
  • Weight of the frame: 6 grams. Dimension : 11 x 4 x 0.5 cm

Description

A brand new edition of the classic rimless reading glasses by NOOZ in a retro style design - a new rectangular shape and fresh colour selection will become a part of your daily life helping you to read up close without stretching your arms to the limit! Designed with the Ophtalmology Center of Dauphiné in Grenoble (France), they stand for a mini-revolution, combining high-quality optics with compact, slightly quirky design and wear comfort. The shape offers outstanding performance without any unpleasant pressure on the nasal bridge and the pince-nez retro style without arms gives total freedom for your temples and ears. The frame is made of high-performance polycarbonate which makes it crystal clear with great stretch and heat resistance. The glasses are made for fast and frequent handling - perfect on the go. The case is rigid, compact and features a soft touch finish. What's best is that they are only 5g!



After ear surgery, my surgeon told me to wear armless glasses for a month. I tried ThinOptics and hated them. They were not comfortable and difficult to clean. Nooz are much more comfortable. However, I can't wear them more then 15 minutes or so before they start to pinch. Also, if I have applied any face lotion, or sunscreen, they will not stay on. The same holds true if I am sweating. After wearing them a short time, they tend to tilt forward, bluring my vision. However, they are convenient and are handy when I need quick reading glasses.

Just received these today and tried them on. They are far more comfortable on the nose than the competitor, Thin Optics, which I have had for several years. Also, the nose pieces on the Thin Optics glasses eventually break, (you can get them replaced but I’d prefer the don’t break at all) but since these are built in to the glasses, it shouldn’t happen here. A friend of mind has had these for a while and loves them and has had no problems. I expect the same and will probably buy a couple more in the near future.

I use these during the daily commute. Much better due to their size and portability in the briefcase/backpack/bag.
Not so good when you forget they are on, as you work on the car, and they slip off and scratch on the pavement.
It would be nice for them to have a bit of a no scratch feature.
Yawning, sneezing, coughing, and other movements do cause them to shift or fall.
It's amazing how quickly you adapt to these instances and quickly snatch the glasses off the nose or out of the air.
I plan on getting a few more sets to leave in the car or at work.

Love everything about these readers after having tried many different types. I'm most thankful for the material that is used for the bridge of the nose. Other models were too slippery and i couldn't keep them on my nose. They would fall over. These are very...grippy? Tacky? whatever the adjective, these stay upright and where i put them. They look great on my big head too. The Case is perfectly designed for the glasses as well. It's very sturdy and could easily see adding to my keychain.

Love these glasses! I wear them when I get touchups at the hair salon. The arms from regular glasses lift the color off of my hair and I enjoy reading while I'm waiting for the color to take hold. Nooz allows me to do that, and they DON'T slip off!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment