Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Emergency Mylar Blanket 52" x 84" - Pack of 12

Emergency Mylar Blanket 52" x 84" - Pack of 12 Blankets

Emergency Mylar Blanket 52

I store a couple of these in each of our cars in case we are ever stranded in bad weather. I couldn't say if they would keep you from freezing, as we have not been stranded, but they take up almost no space and it is nice to know we have something other than our normal coats.

On the other hand, I have also used them in my mudroom in a mini-greenhouse type of space for growing tomatoes in the off season. The framework is 2 feet X 4 feet, floor to ceiling, with a grow light on the top and the mylar sheets used as liners for a canvas surround. The mylar keeps heat and light reflected from all directions toward the plants and the tomatoes do quite well.

These are fairly thin and do tear easily. The canvas painter's cloths protects them in the mudroom, but I would assume that they would be pretty much single use as emergency blankets.

More than you will ever need. Keep a few in your car. Get some sharpies and a clothes iron and draw on em to make mylar balloons. Use them to line poorly insulated windows. That's what I did with mine. They let in just enough light but warmed the place up and gave extra privacy. From the inside they even looked cool... You could still see outlines of things outside in full sunlight. From outside, my place looked like a cyberpunk meth lab, but that's life.

I am actually using these to line the interior of some wooden feral cat houses that I have and which I then covered with straw and/or blankets. The cats seem to like it and surprisingly they haven't torn it. I tested a piece by sitting on it for a while...LOL!...while watching TV and you can actually feel warmth generated from it.

These blankets are EXACTLY as described. All 12 of the individually-packaged blankets were in a large, sealed, plastic envelope and each of the blankets themselves were in smaller, plastic, zip-lock style pouches. While I haven't pulled one out to measure it 'cause I know that I'd never be able to fold it back up into the small pouch, they feel and appear to be precisely what I ordered.

By ordering a dozen of them, your per-unit cost goes down tremendously and you can put one in the glove box or trunk of every car, every backpack, every purse/murse, and every first-aid kit you have .

Carry one everywhere. Only used once when I made a sort of poncho to wear under a shirt for the coldest motorcycle ride ever. Made it bearable and made it home. FYI - as soon as I tried to cut in a head opening it seemed to start to fall apart. In retrospect, I should have placed a strip of duct tape down on the area where I intended to cut the head opening and then cut a slit down the center of the tape so as to make a kind of edge to hold the thin mylar around the head opening from falling apart.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Compact emergency protection
  • Lightweight packaging
  • Durable mylar insulation material
  • Retains and reflects body heat.
  • Waterproof and weatherproof

Description

The Mylar Emergency blankets are designed to reflect heat back to body, or deflect heat when used as a shelter from the sun. Prevents post accident shock by retaining the patient's body heat. Keep these Emergency Mylar Blankets in your Auto, boat, motorcycle, first aid kit and emergency kit - just in case.



We have a few cars and hiking kits, and I wanted to make sure my family of four each had an emergency blanket in each vehicle, at the house, and in our hiking packs. It was better to buy these 12 packs than multiple 3-4 packs. You can easily split these up (each one comes individually packaged), making for a great, small, multi-purpose emergency/survival use.

These mylar blankets are very thin and, once you unfold them, almost impossible to fold back up. But, they are compact and very good at retaining/reflecting heat.

I would get the thicker, grommeted "space blanket" if you wanted to build a temp shelter, but these are much smaller and designed for carrying in packs, in a glove compartment, or in a medical kit.

These are your basic mylar blankets that are useful for many things. I put one in the back of my llittle greenhouse to help reflect light and heat, and line the wall for my indoor plants. As a reflective surface it is great.

Simple mylar emergency blankets that come individually wrapped. We placed some of these in our emergency bags and in cars and they take up virtually no space. They are cheap to buy and are good to have in an emergency when you are unexpectedly caught in the cold. They are a little thin but will work for protection from the elements.

I buy these and keep a couple in the glove compartments of both my cars, and the same in all my married children's cars. And a couple at home. You just don't know when I power failure could happen or be stranded, and you can't go back to the airport and get a parachute when you need it.

A much-needed item in your preparedness storage. You'll never know when you might need one. Grape for every child's backpack also if you are hiking in a national forest. You will never know when you may need one and every person should have one or two in their backpacks.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment