Saturday, May 11, 2019

Betty Dain Hair Funnel For Upright Position Washing /

Betty Dain Hair Funnel For Upright Position Washing / Shampooing

Betty Dain Hair Funnel For Upright Position Washing / Shampooing

I am disabled and sometimes it a challenge to figure out how to wash my hair when I travel and the ADA room isn't available. I was almost turned off by the reviews I read on hear but was disparate for a quick fix. I ordered it just in time for my trip and boy was I glad. Yes you can't wash your hair like one normally does but I was able to was it and not get wet. I have long hair and my hair did not get caught in the velcro. Pleasantly surprised

I originally ordered this item about 18 months ago. Have been pleased with the product. It allows the wheelchair to be backed up to the sink to do the shampoo in an upright seated position. I have shoulder length hair, so we use a towel around the neck/ shoulders to catch any leaks and reduce the mess.

I have used this for years when I go to a salon. IT WORKS! The towel on my shoulders is necessary. I have never gotten wet when using this wonderful invention. When traveling, there is no way I would want this to be any different. I fold it and put it in a Ziploc bag. I am able to lean back in my wheelchair just a bit and am so grateful to have found this item on Amazon. Originally, a stylist at a spa used this for me and the search began to have this in my purse. Actually, I have several of these hair funnels in case I lose one.

After my mom endured several fractures in her back, washing her hair was terrible. So for $8 we decided to give this a try. We set her up in the kitchen with a folding chair and I placed a tall, empty, trash can behind her. We used the kitchen sink that has the hose on it to wash her hair and the water flowed into the trash can. This made washing my mom's hair painless. HOWEVER, it is not a perfect seal and is not leak proof. We placed a towel and a plastic bag around her under the funnel to help keep her dry. Once we used it a few times and had the system down, she stayed dry. Worth the money!

It works as the description says and has lasted for 1 year so far.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Easily wash, shampoo, and rinse hair in an upright position
  • Ideal for improving accessibility for salon clients who may have physical limitations and can't use a traditional shampoo bowl
  • Offers a comfortable alternative for the elderly, handicapped, or individuals with neck problems
  • Simple design allows water to be diverted to a bowl or sink
  • Easy velcro closure keeps funnel secure when in use

Description

BETTY DAIN Hair Funnel.



This would get five stars if I only needed it for perfect postures clients. But for older clients who can't bend well it's SOME help. I had to start putting a folded up paper towel under the forehead closure so it doesn't leave marks.

Works to wash mom’s hair without soaking her she is 90 years old

I have used this hair funnel on several clients with special needs. It worked wonderfully, actually better than expected.

I just wish it was another 6" longer, but in the end it was fine. I placed it in the washer after each use, sprayed with disinfectant and hung in the shower to drip dry.

It does have a tendency to leak around the temples when rinsing hair, no matter how uncomfortably tight it is put on. I would also like to see the sides raised. Even 2" higher would make a big difference.

The biggest complaint was how uncomfortable it was. It has to be fairly tight to avoid leaks (although the temples leaked regardless). The double Velcro is nice and adds to the security.

I did not receive any kind of discount or compensation for this review. The opinion and contents are my own.

I was clients with wheel chair in bed little kids even at home it perfect

I use this at the salon in the nursing home. For 90% of the clients this has been leak free and worked wonders for keeping the clients dry. I have a couple of ladies that it doesn't fit a snugly to, and so some water leaks through the bottom. But those are clients with smaller heads, so it just doesn't velcro small enough. But very happy to have this to keep them dry

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment