
To a strongly independent person, every time I use this sock aid, it feels like a lifesaver. I have a medical condition that requires my that lower legs be kept as warm as possible at all times (except in the shower, obviously), and the solution to the problem has been heavy knee-high socks. Enter further into the picture a hip replacement with complications. It was hard to imagine a device that could actually help with socks that have always been difficult to get on; my first purchase was a dismal failure. But this aid has worked, in spite of the demands placed on it. I get the sock at least halfway up my leg before the device eases loose of the remaining sock, and I can reach that easily without worrying about a dislocation. I can't say enough good things about it.
Love this item and under $10 too. I have developed a sciatic nerve issue with my left hip. It made it impossible for me to put on a sock on my left foot for about three months now. I had to have my wife or daughter put on my left sock which was rather inconvenient. I work at home mostly but the other day I had a meeting to go to and neither were home to put on my sock. Such a simple task and I couldn't accomplish it. Really unnerving. So I searched Amazon and found this product. It works absolutely perfectly.
Carex Sock Aid
Facing back surgery and an extended period of time when I couldn't bend over to put on socks (or shoes, etc.), I'd bought a different brand of sock aid that had a large piece of slightly bendable plastic that you were supposed to put the socks on before sliding them on your foot, but none of my socks fit on it. I figured it was made by and for men and would only work for very large socks! I sent it back since it was unusable for me. The occupational therapist in the hospital showed me THIS flexible, bendable type of sock aid that folds into thirds so that it's easier to get into smaller socks, so I bought one from Amazon when I got home and it works much better. It's easy to fit all but the smallest women's socks on it (as long as they have some stretch) and to put one's foot in and then pull up the handles to slide the sock on. The only thing that might have made for a slightly better design would be having tubular grip handles instead of loop handles, but I can still manage to pull the socks up with the loops (although I loop one of them on my hand before I put the sock on the aid so I don't drop the loops). All in all, this is a much better design, though, than the hard plastic one-piece sock aids, and I do recommend it. It's also very reasonably priced.
Works fine with most socks.
Some really tight socks are a chore to work with. They either make the end opening too tight to fit toes into or if you move the sock down the device an inch or two, you need to find a GRABBER type device to help pull up sock the rest of the way.
Would like to see a semi hard plastic ring on the opening end, that keeps the "opening" at the size of an average person's foot.
I have a lot of hip trouble - need a replacement of one and torn ligaments in the other. About two months ago I just gave up on bending to put on socks and stuck to wearing sandals. But, now it's cold here in Pennsylvania so after reading reviews, I decided to try this sock helper, and am I glad I did. It is so easy. It requires minimal bending. My socks adhere to the terrycloth allowing me to push my foot into the sock without the sock coming loose. If you put the helper all the way down to the end of the sock it opens the toes so that your foot goes in without any wrinkling of the sock.Then, it is very, very easy to pull the helper out of the sock and there I am, with warm feet again. Amazing that something so simple works so well.
Some FYI - I am a woman with a size 8 foot.

Feature Product
- NO BEND SOLUTION: If you have trouble bending, limited flexibility, or limited reach, the Carex Sock Aid can help you regain independence by allowing you to easily put on and take off your socks without bending or needing assistance from someone else.
- EASY GRIP: The Carex Sock Aid sock donner is covered with terry cloth for a gentle yet firm grip on your socks that lets you easily pull them up without tearing the fabric. The large loop handles allow for easier grip and pull that's gentle on your hands.
- WORKS WITH ALL SOCKS: The flexible design of the Carex Sock Aid makes it easy to use on ankle length socks, knee length socks, booties, crew cut socks, calf length socks, athletic socks, trouser socks, dress socks, quarter-length socks, and no show socks.
- COMPASS HEALTH BRANDS has been a leading manufacturer of Respiratory, Pain Management and Home Medical Equipment for over 20 years with one goal: to provide innovative, high quality products that enable consumers to live healthier, more independent lives.
- TRUSTED SUPPORT: Compare the trusted support of Compass Health Brands home care products to products from Medline, RAD, Able Life, RMS, Health Concerns, Hugo Mobility, Full Life, WODFitters, Vive, Drive Medical, Fixation, Pure Science, or Orion Sports.
Description
Aids those with limited range of movement to slip on socks and stockings with less effort. Large loop handles provide extra support. Terry cloth grips socks while nylon reduces friction with foot.
I've been using this for about 6 months and really love it! No more asking my daughter to put my socks on for me, or going without socks if no one was home to help me.
I can no longer bend down and I have problems with my hands (I have Scleroderma). So, with this having loops at the end of the straps it was much easier to use than those others that just have a solid handle. At first it was a little stiff getting the socks on the sock aid, but after a few times it was fine and softened up. The terry cloth side holds the sock well while the blue side is slippery and you can get your foot into it without any problems.
With using it for so long I haven't noticed anything ripping or signs of bad workmanship to the product. If you need this for pressure socks/nylons...it probably won't work well, since it may squeeze the ends too close and you won't be able to get your foot in. Also, it's not tall enough if you have very long socks, like knee-highs, and they'll be bunched up at the top of your leg (but you can still get them on...I tried a pair of mine.)
Worth the 5 stars!
After reading reviews of some of the less flexible sock aids, which looked rather wide, I decided to try this as it appeared to be better for someone with smaller feet and calves. I needed it to assist following hip replacement surgery and the carex sock aid works well. I like the smooth interior lining, which I think did help getting my foot into the sock. The material is structured but pliable. I can't speak for how it would work for someone with large feet/calves, though if they're super big this may not be the best choice: The aid is seven inches across and 9 inches long, the pulling cords are 28".
A must have to put on socks. Who knew! (I didn't)
Only bought after reading other people review needed assistance tools, post hip repl.
I like that THIS one has a fabric outside to better secure socks, so they don't slip off the "sock puller" when putting on socks.
I recommend this ittem.
6wks post hip repl. I still use this every day..
With my back problems I have a very difficult time to put socks on my feet. This works like a charm. Just place your sock over the item, slide in your foot and pull. Your sock is on! Easy to store in a drawer. This is my second one which finally wore out after using it for several years. Go for it!
It is wonderful in this cold weather to be able to put on socks. An operation precludes me from easily putting on socks just now. This works. I only gave it four stars because it is a little hard to get my number 12 feet into the shoot to start with. Just need a little patience.







0 comments:
Post a Comment