Sunday, June 30, 2019

Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Red Rollator Walker,

Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Red Rollator Walker, Red

Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Red Rollator Walker, Red

Just got back from two weeks in Ireland and England - first trip with this rolling walker, and it was great! If I had traveled with only my hurry-cane, I would not have been able to walk as much, or get around as well as I did with this walker. I used it to go to the door of my plane, folded it up, and put on a couple of inexpensive straps to keep it in the locked position while it went into the hold. It was brought back to me at the door of the plane when I landed. I walked on pavement, dirt, grass, cobblestones, and bricks, and down a gravel sloped path, and back up again. When I grew tired, hot, or was listening to someone speak, I was able to sit down. I like the back rest - very comfortable; and the bag with storage held my raincoat and a water bottle. I was even able to carry it up and down steps (in the locked position) while riding the tube (subway). And an unexpected benefit - I could put my big suitcase horizontally on the seat, with a bag on top, and was able to manage my own luggage that way without needing assistance! I have already recommended this walker to a friend. I am an overweight, 64 year-old-woman with multiple leg and ankle issues. This walker is a keeper!

I love this Rollator and I have had it since June, 2015. It is easy to walk with, I love the fabric strap for your back instead of a metal bar, the carrying bag in front is very handy for your purse, cell phone etc. It has easy to use brakes for walking down sloping driveways or streets. I put a small pillow in the bag to place on the seat, as there is a handle on the seat and if you sit for a long period of time, it can be uncomfortable. It is easy to collapse and very light. I have limitations and I can collapse the rollator and lift it into the back seat of my car behind the drivers seat with hardly any effort. The thing I was most impressed about was it came all in one piece and all you had to do was take it out of the box and you were ready to roll NO ASSEMBLY NEEDED...

BOUGHT THIS FOR MY 92 YEAR OLD DAD, HE LOVES IT!!!! IT IS THE ROLLS ROYCE OF WALKERS! SEAT IS COMFORTABLE AND THE BACKREST IS WONDERFUL. THE ADJUSTABLE LENGTH HANDLES WORK EASILY AND HE CAN FOLD IT HIMSELF AND PUT IT IN THE BACKSEAT OF HIS CAR BY HIMSELF. DON'T SETTLE FOR LESS!!!!

It should be 4.5 but it won't let me do that. So, bought two other Rollators to try them out. They were nice and construction differed! The one with the best construction was tried for a week and the failing it had was that maneuvering in tight places was hard. Then a European relative called and said that there are some that will fold side to side instead of the typical front to back. That lets you squeeze the rollator through these tight spots. Found this series on-line and went to the Drive Medical website to determine which model was best. Of course, we would love to buy the Carbon Fiber version, at 12 lbs, but it is not in our price range. Anyway, bought this one and it arrived already assembled. That was the first thing that made us think that the company had thought things through. Audience is not as mobile as others, why have them assemble something to be able to use it? Great idea to come ready to go! Ultimately, everything is thought out more so than the other rollators we tried. The little curb step on the right back wheel to help get the front wheels up! The ease of moving the handles up and down. The ease of adjusting the break strength. The big wheels on the front so thresholds inside the house are easy to go over and going outside is a breeze. The back support is wonderful. Pulling up on the strap of the seat to squeeze the rollator enabled my 82 year old mother to squeeze into her tiny bathroom. The rollator does 'lock' in the squeezed position so it's easy to put in the car etc. The company site has a rubber band that does that, but the actually unit from Amazon has a metal ball and socket type of system to lock the two sides together. The bag is harder to get into than those situated below the seat, but not really that awkward. It comes off so you can wash it, so does the seat.

Why 4.5 stars? Two reasons, 1. although the breaks do their job, when you go to sit down the breaks are not completely breaking and so the unit does move slightly. Nor did those on the other rollators. I think it is the nature of the type of break on these things. It does not stop my mother from safely sitting. 2. Although I love the side to side folding feature, it is hard for my mom to lift the strap high enough so that the rollator just doesn't open up again. This may ease with use. Same with the locking breaks.

Overall, it's only a bit more expensive than those I bought from pharmacies in town (I needed one NOW), but the difference in quality and benefits is significant. I also bought the accessory water bottle holder that actually came with a cane holder so mom can have her water when she goes for walks outside. Nicely conceived unit, sturdy and I appreciate the price point!

This is not a walker, it's a piece of art! I was unable to use my large and bulky traditional walker, it was so big and the padded bar rest hurt my back so badly. Well, No more! First off, I love the tire design. I feel safe walking down to my garden now. I haven't done that in 2 years. The tires are very sturdy and the brake system is flawless. It was very important to me that the brake lines are run through the piping. This means no getting them caught on anything. Then, there in the pouch. It's very well sewn and I can easily see it lasting 10 years. The double zipper is sturdy, no hang-ups. I can even get my bulky purse to fit in it. The seat is comfy, and my favorite part, the backrest. Even with my fresh incisions I am able to lean back in it. I have found myself scooting around the house with it like a wheelchair. The handles have an ergonomic shape to them making them comfortable to grip. The tip of the handle has red reflectors for added safety. The locking system is easy, and honestly is stronger than other walkers, just pull the levers down to lock. I actually fell this morning and it would have been worst if I hadn't had the walker there in the locked position. When you put all of your weight on the walker to stand, you can feel safe knowing it won't move. I'm short so I left mine in the height position it came in, which was the lowest. It looks very easy to adjust. This walker is breathtaking. I'm a young woman and I was embarrassed to use my old one. This one is sleek and well designed. There is only one drawback to this whole thing. The bars are a flat shape, which I adore, but I can't find a cane holder to fit. The cup holder I put on it BARELY fit. I had to adjust the screw out to it's max. I forgot to mention that the backrest and seat are padded. All fabrics are also washable. It's almost like a neoprene.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Easily collapse rollator to ultra-compact size with one hand by pulling seat grip up and bringing sides together so handles almost touch
  • Sophisticated design features lightweight aluminum frame with built-in brake cable for extra safety and protection. Easily folds with one hand to ultra-compact size for storage
  • A comfortable nylon seat and handle height adjustability provide universal relief that feels customized. Caster fork design enhances turning radius. Back support height easily adjusts with tool-free thumb screw
  • Features large front wheels crafted to increase turning radius and a sleek removable zippered storage bag for secure convenience
  • Overall Dimensions: 27.75"(L) x 23"(W) x 33.5"(H); Seat Dimensions: 10"(D) x 18"(W) x 20.5"(H); Handle Height: 33.5"-38.25"; Weight Capacity: 300 lbs

Description

Drive Medical's Nitro Euro Style Rollator is the ultimate mobility solution that marries advanced reliable features with a sophisticated exterior. The durable frame is made of lightweight aluminum so it's easy to maneuver on any indoor/outdoor terrain, and strong enough to withstand extended daily use. To ensure maximum safety, the brake cable is built into the frame, enhancing the sleek appearance. The Nitro Euro Style Rollator has unrivalled folding capabilities: it easily collapses to an ultra-compact size with one hand by pulling the seat grip up and bringing the ergonomic, height-adjustable handles together so they almost touch. To further offer customized comfort, the removable back is also height-adjustable, and the luxury seat is made of easy-to-clean nylon. Enjoy the complimentary removable zippered storage bag for secure convenience of all your personal belongings whenever travelling with your new Drive Medical Nitro Euro Style Rollator. Large 10 inch front casters allow optimal steering and rolling comfort, Cross-brace design allows for side-to-side folding and added stability, Handsome and removable zippered storage bag with unique attachment to keep bag securely in place when Nitro is open or folded. Plastic clip holds the Nitro closed when frame is folded.



This is wonderful! It's small enough so I can use it in my small house and hotel rooms. It folds like a wheelchair does so it does'nt take up alot of space. It is light weight so its easy to pick up but sturdy enough to support my weight. I also like that the brake lines are hidden so they don't get in the way. I would recommend this to anyone and I would buy it again.

I never knew there were so many stipulations when looking at walkers! After 4 hours of research (sooo many things to take into consideration, yeah seriously do your research BEFORE buying a walker find out their needs and mobility) this was the best option for my mom's needs. She freaking loves it!

The Rundown:
It's small enough to fit through any door way, plus it collapses "accordion style" so she can still use it and walk at the same time.
Easy to reopen, slight tug and push on the chair and she's going again.
Easy to navigate and kinda fun to drive (won't deny it i had fun with it, can't go too fast though the wheels wobble)
Extremely durable! It's not one solid piece but the welding is very well done. Haven't done much outside walking (cancer and cold don't mix) but once we get there I will test it out. But the bigger wheels make pot holes easier to navigate.
It's lite!!! It may say 17.5 lbs but it doesn't feel like it.
The handle grips are soft and the breaks are easy to squeeze even with limited strength. The handles push down to lock the walker.
Cushion could be softer but it's meant for a break not chillin out. That's what a wheelchair is for.
Speaking of that, even though the website states that this is not meant to be a wheelchair, i will say that it is stable enough for her to push through short distances. the wide stance of the wheels makes it less likely to tip over.
Height! she is 5'4" perfect size for her! and it has adjustable grips. I'm 6' and it works for me too (i don't need a walker but wanted to test it).
Haven't really used the basket, I know she's got some stuff in there but yeah got nothing on that. Anything hard i gotta take it out so i can collapse it to put it in the trunk. (2017 Maxima and it fits perfectly!)
She is the envy of the cancer center!!! lol we even got a Jeff Gordon sticker on it (had to buy the red one just for that).

This this has 91% 4-5 stars. something happened with their design a while back, but don't let those top commenters fool you. Seeing your 65 year old mother finally have a smile on her face and able to get around is what's it's about. We've had this for over a month now and I have had zero issues with it. Though i lost a plastic cap somewhere and it's eating me alive that it doesn't match anymore. lol

A very well designed and well-built device. It came completely assembled, opens easily, is comfortable to sit on, rolls smoothly and easily even on rough ground, and is easy to put into and take out of the car. Furthermore, I don't think people who see me with it actually know what it is! It is so different from the usually walker or rollator as to be a different breed. I am very pleased with my "Red Rover". Recently I went to the wedding of a granddaughter which was held on an small island in a lake in New Hampshire, Getting there involved traversing a dock, getting aboard a pontoon boat, off again at the island, then 3/8 of a mile over a forest trail with rocks and roots in it, and then returning after the ceremony. No problems of any kind. So why didn't I give it 5 Stars? Same as with several other Chinese-built things I've bought in recent years: the product is great but the instructions that came with it are written in Chinglish. In this case, what is the "Red Safety Bow" that is supposed to be illustrate in a picture that is very small and indistinct? Furthermore, what is the small black pedal or latch lever at the right rear wheel, which is not mentioned at all in the instructions. It doesn't seem to be attached to anything and is jammed and won't move. Surely it would be easy enough to have instructions (and assembly directions) proof-read by someone familiar with the language they're written in before getting them printed? A detail, perhaps, but it makes the difference between a perfect product and a sloppy job.
A note about the brakes: several critical reviews mentioned the brakes. These are not "brakes" like on a car or bicycle: they are designed for use simply to hold the rollator still, not to slow it down on a hill. I think if someone uses them often to try to control speed, they certainly will fail.

Since my third back surgery, the pain I experience while standing or walking for more than a few minutes was significantly reducing my options for activities. I had stopped traveling by air altogether, because negotiating the endless concourses, and standing in waiting areas with insufficient seating, was excruciating. Use of a walker enabled me to offset most of the force on my back, relieving the pain. Since the handle elevations are adjustable, the torso isn't stressed as it is when using trekking poles. Thanks to Drive Nitro's large wheels, I have been able to use this walker on gravel walkways and uneven pavements outdoors. The seat will accommodate a carry-on bag (I am going to purchase a strap to hold it in place). I wheel the Nitro up the Jetway, and it is checked at the aircraft door, then quickly returned to the same location at my destination. Very smooth operation, and the wheels are easily locked in place. My concern that the frame welds above the larger wheels might be too weak proved to be unfounded--it is quite sturdy all around. With any such device, I recommend affixing a permanent label with your contact information--also, wrap a visible part of the frame with a bright, contrasting color tape so that no one will mistake it for their own.

I was in the final throes of rehab after a laminectomy (nasty spinal surgery). I had had a chance in rehab to try a few four-wheeled walkers, and found them lacking in sturdiness, stability, and maneuverability, so I turned to Amazon for some research. My Prime membership was a guiding force, being that I needed to be in possession of the device in three days.

My wife was concerned because of the dreaded potential for "some assembly required." Well, her fears were unfounded, because there was absolutely NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. The rollator slid out of the dual overshipper in one piece, and, ta-da, unfolded ready for use.

All the description in the product write-up is accurate. It is sturdy, stable, highly maneuverable, and ... stylish, if you can say that about a candy-apple red walker. If you're looking to attract "hot" 65-year-plus ladies, you could even term it a babe magnet. Seriously, in the two weeks I've been driving this beauty, I've gotten comments galore, many including the word Cadillac, which the Drive Nitro definite is, in a sense.

I'm an engineer, so I appreciate that this device is probably the third (or more) generation design of a four-wheeled Walker. Every feature is refined, ergonomically well-placed, and sturdy enough, given that one very important design criterion is lightness. At 17.5 pounds, the Nitro is easy to fold, lift, and maneuver into a trunk or a back seat. It folds and unfolds easily (I'm not sure about the one-handed folding claim), and latches in the folded position using the simplest stationary c-shaped clip that requires no hand to latch or unlatch. Fold it all the way and it clips. Start to unfold it and it unclips. Simplicity of design is very often both efficient and elegant. Even the well-affixed, removable, washable enclosed mesh basket has features: twin zippers, two and well-placed slots, allowing you to slide stuff into the sides of the basket with one hand. A cell phone comes to mind. Oh, yeah - the seat is snug but comfy.

One little device, a small, stationary wing-shaped black tab affixed to the frame near the right-rear wheel, had me stumped for a few days. Why was it there? The well-written, three-language manual yielded no clue. Here's what I came up with; a slight downward pressure with the toe of your right shoe lifts the right front wheel just enough to get the Drive Nitro over a higher-than-normal threshold or a low curb. Anyway, that's what I use it for. Or maybe you can use it as a bottle-opener if you've fallen during happy hour and you can't get up.

If you want to make your life as a user of this type of walker more functional, and occasionally even enjoyable, give yourself a present. The extra utility is worth the slightly elevated cost.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment