Saturday, June 29, 2019

Ezy Dose Pill Suite Portable Pouches (400 pouches) great for medications and

Ezy Dose Pill Suite Portable Pouches (400 pouches) great for medications and vitamins

Ezy Dose Pill Suite Portable Pouches (400 pouches) great for medications and vitamins

UPDATE: 4/23/2018
I went to pillsuite.com to find their contact number. They (a company by the named Apothecary Products) purchased the PillSuite products two weeks ago from the original owners. After talking to Paul and explaining what was happening with the bags, he stated that he was sending a new supply of pouches. He was very helpful and stated that they were still learning about this product and has had several others inquire about the defective bags. I have raised my review from one star to 4 stars. If the replacement bags are ok, then I will give this product 5 stars.

OLD REVIEW DATED: 4/21/2018
This is the 3rd time I have ordered replacement bags. Nearly 4 our of 10 bags from this order are defective. The perforations on the long side separates and the pills fall out into the drawer.

The bags that I purchased need to be replaced by the manufacturer.

I am looking for an alternative at this point.

It works exactly as promised. Now if I could just stop having to take F'n pills. Getting old sucks, lol

It was an excellent way to sort and carry pills for our minth-long trip to Europe. It was easy to use and seal. My husband had been planning to use his plastic pill sorter that was bulky and heavy, but oince he saw how little space was needed after I prepared all my moring and evenuing pills for an entire month, he too, prepared his own pills using PillSuite. He and I could discreetly bring our morning pills and vitamins with me to a hotel breakfast table. The small packet of pills didn't weigh much or take up much room. This allowed us to keep all our pills with us instead of leaving them in a hotel room where they might have been stolen. PillSuite will be part of any short or long trip for us.

Mine orange pill sorter came an hour ago. First thought was wow, this thing is so small YET it holds way more than most ppl need. Easy to dispense both in the bags i bought separately listed below and i also use in to fill my new 7 day vitamin containers which I’ve listed below. Just cut, paste and put it in the search bar. I just did a weeks worth of meds in no time! So thrilled! Here’s how: Order these specific bags if you are choosing to put meds in bags-The Pill Bag 100 Count Resealable Zipper Poly Bags, 3 by 2-Inch, 3 mil Clear Plastic Bags with White. They are reusable and much stronger than the other bags I’ve used from the stores. I am choosing to do a weeks worth of pill bags in case I go somewhere. BUT I LOVE my new vitamin containers- 7 days, 4 times a day usage. These hold everything- some of my pull compartments have 12 pill/capsules with one being extremely large. SO happy today when I was filling. This weekly pill planner is THE best I’ve come across over 15 years. It’s Ezy Dose One-Day-At-A-Time Weekly Pill Planner with Pop-Outs (Large) bought from Amazon. Just perfect. Can pop out each day separately and can also take it with you. However I’m giving my new bags a try for that. This orange little sorter is terrific when used with the pill planner above. I put a weeks worth of pulls I take in the morning, then use it to easily fill the morning compartment. Then I do noon, evening and bedtime the same way. It’s so helpful pouring rather than using one pill with your fingers getting in those compartments. I am already ordering 3 more of these orange EZ Dose Pill Vitamin sorters to go with the 4 new Purple Pill planners I just got. Have 28 days of meds/supplements done within 15-20 min at most. I see ppl complaining about the little pull bags that supposedly come with this orange sorter( I didn’t get any with mine) but I knew that I should order stronger, reusable bags. I know this is a long review which I rarely review things. But this is a very efficient way to now do my meds/supplements once every 28 days! A real gem of a find!

The edges of the rolls that I received seemed to be cut, so that the pills fall out. (That is, the edge of packet opposite the perforated side.) I could seal that edge too, I suppose, but making packets is already a time consuming process - I don't want to have to seal 2 sides! The plastic on these seems a little thicker than the original ones I got with my sealer (not a bad thing).

Perhaps this was a manufacturing defect on a batch of these. I am well past the Amazon return window :(. I'll try ordering again, but if I receive more bad ones, I'm done.

Update 2/21/2019
I contacted the supplier, and they sent me 4 new rolls (I only asked for replacement of 2). So this is a good company who was willing to make it right.

I do still have concerns that Amazon is still selling the defective pouches so long after the problem was originally reported (per the other reviews here). My new supply should last me years, so it will be a long time until I reorder to find out.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 400 total pouches (2 rolls of 200)

Description

Ezy Dose Pill Suite allows you to create personal medication and vitamin portable packs. The pouches come in 2 rolls of 200 pouches to give you 400 pouches to customize for your needs



Bottom Line:
I would buy this Pill Suite 7-Compartment Pill Organizer and Dispenser again (especially if the plastic was water-clear and colorless), recommend it to friends, recommend it to family, and buy it as a gift for someone I care about.

Pros:
* Helps prevent errors in assembling pill sets, like missing or or duplicate pills.
* Spoon-style output chute makes dispensing pills into pill organizer compartments (and probably mini-plastic bags) much more spill proof, less time consuming, and easier than by hand. Helps one drop much less pills.
* Very easy to use: 2 piece design assembles and disassembles simply, quickly and easily; indent "lock" stops, centers, and securely holds dispenser output chute at each of compartment, yet chute rotates easily to next compartment.
* 7 empty compartment rotary dispenser makes weekly pill planning easier.
* Can be closed so that no pills fall out using the 8th rotary position, which is not a compartment. Not recommended for use as a travel dispenser.

Cons:
* Orange color can make it difficult to see if orange-ish colored pills have emptied from the dispenser.
* Expensive for a consumable, plastic tool.
* The indent "lock" will eventually wear out.

Notes:
* If this dispenser was made with plastic that was water-clear and colorless, I would rate it 5 stars, and it would be worth some additional cost.
* This is an excellent companion to weekly pill organizers like the Ezy Dose Weekly (7-day) AM/PM Push Button Pill Planner (XL).
* The rotary lid is most easily removed by pushing the axle out from the bottom of the dispenser.

I saw this go on sale for $25 so I bought it. It works just like they say and keeps pills sealed until needed. The bag has a white face so you can label days and times with a sharpie. This item is a must for anyone taking pills on the go or when traveling.
Unfortunately I think it’s too tedious to use as your everyday pill dispenser when at home. I find the 7 day am/pm pop up dispensers work better for at home dosing. The Pill Suite is a great product and works just as described. I’m glad I bought it and will use for travel and on the go, but just not for regular at home use.

If you want to have the fastest system to sort pills, this may not be it. Having one of those weekly pill boxes is probably faster. Don't get me wrong, this is quick and easy,. However, instead of being the absolutely fastest system what I need is something I can take with me. A pill pouch... To work. On trips. I keep a spare packet in my car, just in case, and it takes up no room. I usually put the pack for the day in my front pants pocket. I've never had a broken pill or burst pouch. Once again, I can keep a spare in my pocket, too, just in case. Yeah, I have memory issues sometimes! This helps. Packs are easy to make. Bags worked well, no issues.

These works as we thought it would. This is great if you have a loved one (or yourself) that has a complex medication list. Once you have your meds set, this allows you to take and monitor your medications easily. It's like Pill Pack at pennies on the dollar.

CON:
Feels cheaply made however it is a cheap product which is good. We don't leave the batteries in the unit unless we are sealing bags.

It took a while on the first set but after you get in the flow it’s worth it. I take one group of meds in the morning and a different group in late afternoon. I mark the pouches Monday AM, Monday PM and so forth. Before Sometime when I’d get very busy I was not sure if I took the meds and now if I don’t have a pouch matching PM then I have already taken the right meds for that time period.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment