Saturday, June 29, 2019

Medline Red Combination Rollator and Transport Chair, Desk-Length Arms, Swing Away Footrests, Red

Medline Red Combination Rollator and Transport Chair, Desk-Length Arms, Swing Away Footrests, Red Frame

Medline Red Combination Rollator and Transport Chair, Desk-Length Arms, Swing Away Footrests, Red Frame

This rollator/transport has been a godsend. My 82-year-old mother has used a regular rollator for about 8 years. In the last year, her mobility has declined and she wanted to buy a wheelchair for those times we are out and she is tired. I looked on Amazon and found this beauty. Now when we are out shopping or walking and she gets tired, she can sit and I can easily push her. It makes outings so much easier and safer for her. She no longer dreads going places! All of the people in her over 55 building are completely jealous. I work in a hospital and many of the aides and nurses are surprised the hospital and nursing homes aren't using these. If you have a stubborn elderly family member who refuses to admit they might need a little help, this is the equipment you need. Why store/transport a walker AND a wheelchair when you can do it all with this beauty?

Wow! This combination is exactly what I envisioned for my mother. It was easy to assemble, instructions were understandable and mor importantly, this is safe. Previously purchased one from another site, that tipped easily while using as a transport. Not the case with this one. The seller did an outstanding job of ensuring product was received timely; ordered on Tues/ Wed. and had it Thur. Thank you, for this wonderful product!

The chair works great _ I can highly recommend that! The seller on the other hand I cannot recommend. I received the first chair with only half the parts - the box was obviously opened and taped back shut. 5 stars for the initial customer service as they shipped another chair immediately, I had it the next day. I was impressed....then the trouble begins. I called a week later to ask when we were going to coordinate the return. They explained to me that the only option was a return Ground pickup ticket issued with FedEX. They stated that I just leave it out on the front porch and the guy would pick it up. I live in the country so I wasn't too worried it would be taken but who knows. I offered to take it to a FedEX drop off store and they said we can't do that. Then they re-stated that if Im worried I can stay home until the FedEX guy comes or take my chances. They stated they would charge me for the chair if it was stolen becasue it's my responsibility. So my options were: Stay home and lose time from work which would cost me more than I paid for the chair or set it outside and take my chances. The guy was extremely rude with me on the phone so needless to say I got pretty hot!

We took a returned item. Missing two parts. I was able to replace one but am missing the needed part to add the cup holder. Works well. Easy enough for me to load in and out of the car. Not as easy to push with a rider over soft and uneven ground as a wheelchair, but has been very helpful. My mother uses as a walker mostly, but is very happy with it as a chair when needed. I like that the foot pedals lock into place so I don't have to keep them stored. This was the only chair I found that had arm rests. Mom has found that the difficulties in small areas come from the width of the chair, the clips of the foot pedals sometimes cause her to get hung up on corners.
Overall, I am very happy with this combination walker/transport chair. It has allowed my mother to have more freedom and be able to join in more family activities as she is not worried about getting tired and needing to set down.

This is a great product for multiple uses..got it for my mom who just broke her ankle and we needed something to stabilize her walking when she had the boot on. I could also push her when she got tired AND she could sit down when tired, the seat is very comfortable and she really liked it. It is a bit wide and awkward to put into a vehicle but was worth the trouble....as the wide aspect added stability.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Easily converts from a rollator to a transport chair and vice-versa in just seconds
  • Comes with a convenient cup holder, under-the-seat storage bag, zippered side carrying case, and easy-to-adjust push-button foot rests
  • Leg style: swing-away detachable footrest
  • 250 pound weight capacity
  • Seat size 19" x 16" (48 cm x 41 cm) and 8" wheels

Description

Combine the functionality of both a rollator and transport chair in one unit. In just seconds, our excel translator easily converts from a rollator to a transport chair and vice-versa. Height min./max.: 32"-36.5" (81-93 cm).



We bought this for my mom for our trip to Disney World. The added pouches and cup holder came in handy. And this is so much cheaper than buying from a medical supply store. She loves it and calls it her Cadillac. It was easy to assemble. Just click a few things into place and it's good to go! My grandmother has the same chair in blue...

This combo product is very handy. The product is too wide. The company should consider making this product in two sizes. I would prefer something slightly narrower to fit into narrow aisles and non ada compliant doorways. The back wheels don't turn, so steering can sometimes be problematic. Other than that, it is still very handy to have.

This is a very well made item and should serve us well. The price seems reasonable for such a good & sturdy item. I can't find a workable place to install that cup holder. It would have been easier if I had been instructed to put the back piece before opening the chair fully or locking it into the open position; in my ignorance of how things work, I nicked the paint during that process. It is relatively large & cumbersome even when folded. This is not a cutesy-pie thing that can fit into a bag when it is folded, like some are, but I think that's a trade off for it's sturdiness. It's not too heavy to lift into the trunk, and it can fit into the back seat of our 4-door car when folded.

We bought this for an alternative walker/chair for my Mom. We are using it as a back up for when my Mom is too tired to walk long distances or when we know it is going to be a long day. Having the chair option allows her more mobility.

As advertised. Folds easily, fits behind passenger seat of Ford Escape with no problem. Light weight (I'm 5' 3")

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment