Friday, June 28, 2019

Mommy's Helper Contoured Cushie Step Up, 1

Mommy's Helper Contoured Cushie Step Up, 1 Count

Mommy's Helper Contoured Cushie Step Up, 1 Count

Could not be happier!!!!

I have tried a potty seat and training potty and my daughter just did not want to sit on the potty when it was time. I can't say I blame her. The training potty wasn't comfortable and the potty seat had a tendency to wiggle while she was sitting on it. I saw this on Amazon and thought that maybe if she had the ability to go to the potty on the BIG potty, by herself, that maybe she would be open to the idea of no more pull ups. I ordered the Mommy's Helper Contoured Cushie Step Up on Monday. It was delivered Wednesday. I put it together in about 2 minutes thanks to the handy video that Amazon provides. I showed to it my daughter and she was excited to head into the bathroom. I showed her how we put it on the potty (which was very simple, and sturdy). She sat down on it and stayed there for 15 minutes with no complaints. I have NEVER gotten her to sit on a potty for that long without dealing with tears, screaming and crying. She said that this was her potty, Mommy can't use it and neither can Nana. LOL! I couldn't be happier that she's excited :)

Had this product for 1 year. Love it! NOT ideal for beginner training or perhaps boys. Is a bit wobbly when a learner attempts to climb. I have a 3 1/2 yr old and babysit a 3yr old. Both are completly independent bc of this product and can get on and off with no issues. I bought the product because of the ladder and handles. She kept freaking out on the other seat we had because she could tip off. This gave her the confidencw in safety and independence to do it herself! The girls prefer this vs the other potty I use on babysitting days in our other bathroom. I have a 1 1/2 yr old also and I am sure she will do well on this seat too. She has been caught climbing the step! This is a replacement purchase because my daughter does lift and bang the steps onto the tile and finally the leg has a slight crack. I love how this folds and stores nicely. I use bleach wipes after each use for hygiene purposes during babysitting and it cleans up easily. It is wide and my bathroom is small so it does take up room floor room for movement, but we use that bathroom as a kid's bathroom so it never has to be stowed unless there is company over. A plumber recently came to our home and stated he has never seen a ladder handle combo before! A way to perhaps fix the lift spin ability of the seat by having a clip that can go under the 2nd lid of the toilet.

We really like this potty seat. We just potty trained our 3 yr old boy and we used a little froggy potty on the floor the first week. He did great, but I wanted to stop having to empty it out. He was also super independent and would run to the potty, go by himself, and just come to use to get dressed again. I didn't want to lose that by him not being stable on the toilet. Instead of paying for the $45 toilet set with the smaller insert I started to search for a seat that goes on the potty and a stool. Those were at least $30-$40 total to get those two items. That's when I saw this. I loved the idea of the handles. My little guy liked that it looked like a ladder. He was so excited to get it and be able to flush the toilet. He can set it up and take it down himself. He climbs up and down himself too. (he just turned 3)

The few things I don't like is the seat is pretty thick, so he easily sprays in between the seat. I read about that before I bought and decided he needed to learn to point down anyway, but it's pretty far down. Also because of the handle placement, he can't really widen his legs enough to point far down. There isn't a pee guard on the front, just a tiny bump, not large enough to help at all. Because he sprays in between the seat, when he takes the potty off, it drips and there's pee on the real toilet seat. So it's pretty gross. I think this needs to be improved. I also think the seats is going to stain really easy.

I would totally still buy it though. It's worth his independence for me to make sure to wipe the seat and the drips.

Very simple design for my 3 year old to use independently (& has been doing so since he was 2 1/2). The step prevents me from having to assist him in getting onto the toilet (big plus if you have more than 1 kid). It has a little lip that kind of slides into the toilet seat to prevent slipping. If not placed on correctly, child could still slip, but they learn the correct feel very quickly. We've also found that this seat in comparison with the mini toilets has WAY less maintenance. The mini toilets require dumping out after every use, cleaning, & monitoring all little ones to make sure they're not touching, splashing, and playing with the toilet when not in use (they also take up more space). All we do to maintain this seat is wipe down with a clorox wipe every day & clean with a multipurpose cleaner weekly!

I wish the base, at floor, was a bit wider for a more secure sitting. Other than that, the granddaughter has been using this about 6 months, from age 21/2 to 3. The seat is comfortable, soft, and she is tiny and has not "slipped" in. She has slipped into the regular toilet seat. Thank goodness we don't let her venture to potty by herself. She climbs up this potty stair along, and turns around by herself, she even sets it up all by herself. We just had to show her how to "SECURE" it. She slipped a couple times, from not securing it properly. She didn't fall, just had a little scare. She is 30lbs, if you have a large child, this may be a little unstable.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Tip: Potty Seat can be placed on top of the existing toilet seat OR the toilet rim depending on height and opening of toilet in order to provide maximum stability.Easy assembly no tools required
  • Fits toilets ranging in height from 16" to 18.5" from floor to toilet bowl seat.Folds for easy storage
  • Extra wide non slip floor pads.Seat measures 13.5" from front to back and 11.75" from side to side.
  • Non slip handles.Opening measures 7" from front to back and 5.65" from side to side.
  • Fits standard and most elongated toilet seats
  • NOTE: Kindly refer the instructional video and above mentioned measurements for size/fit related queries

Description

Mommys Helper Contoured Cushie Step Up Padded Potty Seat with Step Stool is the perfect potty training tool! This ergonomically thickly cushioned contoured seat with built in deflector and specially molded non slip handles provide the ultimate comfort for child. After use simple fold for compact storage between uses.



Our daughter is just about to turn 27 months, and has been starting to potty train for a few weeks now. Since we first got this thing, she's loved it. She likes to set it up on the toilet herself, as well as put it away. It sits on a lowered toilet seat quite securely (despite the picture, I wouldn't recommend putting it on a bare toilet bowl - the flanges on the underside of the booster won't keep it from sliding around that way), and allows her to sit comfortably without falling in like she would on the regular seat.

The only drawback is that the step is not adjustable in height. Our kids (we have twins) are a little smaller than average for their age, and while she can step up onto the step easily enough, she can't go from there to sitting on the seat, or get down off it once there, on her own by several inches. This isn't a dealbreaker by any means - we're not at the point where she can use the toilet unsupervised anyway, so putting her up on it and taking her down when finished is no big deal. But I suspect she'll be ready for solo toilet use before she can actually manage it, given how much she'll have to grow before that can happen.

My first reaction to this was not very positive, I felt that it was flimsy and the step was to short for our extra small child. My husband convinced me to try it out for a week and re-evaluate and while I'm not in love with the product it does work and is the best option for us. Our daughter is small for her age and the step stools that are made for toddlers to get on the big toilets are too short and she can't manage to do it alone. This one is a bit too short as well but the handles give her the leverage she needs to get on and off the seat on her own. She loves the fact that she can use the big potty by herself. We have the taller style toilet and have to open both the lid and the seat for it to fit well enough that she doesn't have to scoot off the seat leaving a mess behind. It is easy to remove and set aside for an adult to use the toilet. Our daughter tried to put it on the toilet once and is not able to do it so we leave it in place.

Love this thing! It is what it is. Its a potty seat. Itz not meant for rough-housing or swinging on or anything other than setting up on the potty and for a little bottom to sit on it. My 2 year old sets this up on her own and takes it off and stores it away (when she feels like it).

Point is, this is easy to use. Easy to clean. Safe for small people. I wasn't sure about it after ready some reviews of kids getting hurt on it but as far as I can tell, for the last few months this has been heaven for our household!

Just don't jump on it. Do I really need to state that. I feel like many bad reviews for this seat may have more to do with user error, or parents not suppervising their kids. I love this thing!

Pros: Fits my toilet. Does not move around. It's on the highest setting. My son can climb up on it and turn around without it moving. No plastic pieces on the seat part which allows my son to slide on and off with ease. Folds up for travel or to move to the side. Folds up super quickly or can be placed on the toilet super quickly which is nice for the "I have to go potty" comment. I love that the stool is attached to the potty seat to prevent slippage.

Cons: The legs are purple which does not appear that way in the photos online. I don't hate it but I tend to shy away from purple. The seat appears backwards and at first I thought I put it on wrong. Not really a good or bad thing but it might catch you off guard. The step is slightly too short for my 2.5 year old son so he has to kind of climb up on the seat and turn around to use it. I'm sure in a few months he will be at the perfect height.

I have a four year old son and daughter, so this unit is a life saver for helping them be "big kids" and get themselves on and off the toilet with ease. The only issue I have is that urine always seems to drip underneath the seat (front part next to step) even when my daughter sits down to use the potty. Yes, I've tried adjusting the way she sits on it, and it happens every time. It's not really that big of an issue, I just remove it and wipe the wet area off, but this is worth noting for a future buyer. I just pick my battles. Other than that, this is a great item, better and more compact (foldable!!!) than other step/seat hybrids I've tried. Twin mom approved.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment