Friday, September 27, 2019

LotFancy Gel Ice Pack with Shoulder Wrap - Hot Cold Therapy for Sports Injuries, Sprains Sore, Swelling,

LotFancy Gel Ice Pack with Shoulder Wrap - Hot Cold Therapy for Sports Injuries, Sprains Sore, Swelling, Aches, Muscle and Joint Pain (Medium 8.8 x 5 inches)

LotFancy Gel Ice Pack with Shoulder Wrap - Hot Cold Therapy for Sports Injuries, Sprains Sore, Swelling, Aches, Muscle and Joint Pain (Medium 8.8 x 5 inches)

Looks pretty good but honestly is not comfortable and difficult to make it cover your shoulder. Playing a little bit with it you may be able to make it work but would not recommend it if you are looking for thermal therapy for your shoulder.

UPDATE - February 2017
It was definitively my mistake when I tried to use the Wrap. After following a you tube video then I found what I was doing wrong. Now I am very happy with the Wrap and is doing exactly what I was looking for. I suffered from Osteoarthritis on my shoulder. Doctor recommended applying cold as many times as possible. Using a plastic bag with ice did the work but not comfortable at all. LotFancy is the perfect solution if you have a similar problem. Once you realize how to use is perfect. You can still move around while a good cold therapy is doing the job on your shoulder. Very good product.

Hurt my left shoulder a few years ago and it still hurts if I use it a lot.
I hurt my right shoulder even more, in a recent fall. Looks as if I'm headed toward surgery on the right one.
I'm presently in physical therapy that is improving my range of motion and strength.
At the end of every physical therapy session on both shoulders, they ice down both shoulders for fifteen minutes.
The "ice" packs at physical therapy are shaped onto my shoulders and strapped into place, and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. The ice down at the end of therapy makes the rest of the day tolerable.
I was adapting gallon freezer bags with ice and towels at home, and it works well, but is a wet mess in the end.
I ordered this particular shoulder strap and ice pack because I'm a big man.
I freeze the included 11 x 6 inch "ice" pack laid over something in the freezer that lets it come out of there curved for my shoulder.
I place the frozen, curved, ice pack into its pocket in the shoulder strap, and pull it up my arm like a shirts sleeve.
I have the long elastic strap on the back part of my shoulder and kind of swirl my body to flip this elastic strap around my back to the left side and catch it with my left hand and velcro it to the front part of the strap on my chest.
Even fully frozen, fresh from the freezer, the included ice pack can be shaped a bit more.
When I have the whole thing on my shoulder, I can use my left hand to do just a bit more shaping such that the ice pack is covering from the top of my shoulder, around the ball of my shoulder, and onto my upper arm where it meets my shoulder. My shoulders hurt right in the joint and this curved ice pack seems to get the cold in there best.
All in all, this product is a 100% slam-dunk, success for me.
I hope it will be for everyone else who tries it.
Since I have only used it two weeks, I have no idea how long the ice pack will last before leaking (I have never had an ice pack for lunch or health that did not eventually leak the slimy goo inside).
But, for the price I paid, this thing would be totally worth it if I had to buy a new one each month. If it's two or more months before the ice pack begins to die, then even better.
For now, this big ice pack and shoulder strap for big folks works like a dream for me, easily equaling the effect of the high grade ice packs used at physical therapy, except at the rate of one shoulder at a time.
This ice pack and shoulder strap fits this big man fine, and I refreeze in thirty minutes or so and flip it around and use it on my less injured left shoulder as well.
It works and relieves my shoulder pain.
I use this on both shoulders every night as the last thing I do before laying down to sleep and it helps me get to sleep much more so than before buying and using this.

Bought for use after my rotator cuff surgery. It's easy to use & put on without assistance. Excellent quality. I also purchased several additional gel ice packs. The gel ice packs are soft & flexible & only stay frozen about 15-20 min, which is perfect since you're never supposed to keep an ice pack on more than 15 minutes every half hour.

Serves the purpose of holding an ice/heat pack against the shoulder. It basically just rests against the outside of the upper arm--the gel pack is a 5" x 8.5" slab (in the listing photo from just below the "o" in the annoying graphic lettering) and becomes a bit flexible as it thaws out. The medium size seems overly large, but the strap is stretchable and the velcro allows for various adjustments.
UPDATE: Excellent customer service--seller noticed my review and offered me a partial refund for the sizing issue. Wasn't necessary, but appreciated!

This is not an ice pack that you buy for life. If you're a big person, get the bigger size. It does its job just fine. You're only supposed to ice your injury for 20 minutes at a time, and this makes it easier to do that. I had my shoulder operated on and bought this to ice my arm down after physical therapy. It's lightweight and I strap it onto my shoulder brace instead of around my body. It works great if you need ice on your shoulder for a short period. You're paying $10 for this thing. You can't expect it to work miracles or be some gigantic thing that'll freeze out a kidney.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Natural Relief and Support: Instant pain relief for sprains, strains, cramps, swelling, sports and work injuries, muscle aches and more
  • Safe and Reusable: Gel ice pack uses nontoxic CMC & glycerin, latex-free, and safe for all ages to use; soft wrap provides hot or cold compression while still allowing mobility
  • Multi Use and Flexible: This hot cold pack can be used for knees, shoulders and thighs; adjustable side flaps with hook-and-loop fastener and extension strap ensure a conformed and customized fit
  • Hot Cold Therapy: Freeze the gel pack for ice cold therapy or warm the gel pack in a microwave for heat therapy; Inner mesh pouch secures the ice pack or heat pack in place for continual treatment
  • Money Back Guarantee: 1-year warranty with satisfaction guaranteed

Description

The LotFancy therapy wrap with hot/cold pack is the perfect treatment for inflammation, sprains, or muscle strains. With its unique shape and design, the therapy wrap is able to provide full coverage to your shoulder, hip, knee, thigh, or back.

The hot cold pack included can be applied for either hot or cold. Filled with non-toxic silica gel, the hot cold therapy remains pliable throughout treatment.
These hot packs can be warmed in the microwave or a pot of boiling water to help relax muscle and increase blood flow or cooled in the freezer to help reduce swelling, reduce blood flow and promote healing.

Use as Cold Therapy:
Put the gel pack in a freezer for at least two hours before applying to your body.
It is safe and effective method to reduce swelling, relieving pain and decreasinge muscle spasms, and is highly recommended by Physical Therapists and Sports Trainers.

Used as Hot Therapy:
Heat the therapy gel pack by boiling in hot water or by microwave.
Boiling Water: Heat in boiling water for 2 to 5 minutes. Use tongs to remove the pack from water.
Microwave: Heat for 20-second intervals until the pack reaches the desired temperature. After removing from the microwave, flex the gel-pack to even the heat out.

Caution:
Gel Pack must be at room temperature before heating in microwave. Immediately discontinue heating if gel pack expands like a balloon; the pack is overheated.

People with nerve damage in the area being treated should consult a doctor.

Package includes:
1 x Adjustable Wrap
1 x Hot/Cold Gel Pack
1 x Extension Strap



For the price I really like this. I ordered the medium and I’m a 5’2” and it works good. I have to connect the bottom cuff tighter than the Velcro goes but because of the material of the sleeve the Velcro will stick to it. Not sure why they didn’t make the Velcro longer. I have bursitis and this works perfect. I like that I can walk around with it on while icing. I haven’t used it as a heat pack yet so can’t comment on that. It included all the parts and Instructions. The instructions seemed backwards when telling you how to attach the strap for right or left shoulder but it has pictures so you can easily figure it out. The box came a little beat up but I don’t think that was on Amazon’s end.

I like that it is pretty easy to put on without needing help from someone else. The quality is pretty good as far as the construction. The ice pack is excellent. Only thing I don't like is the stretch strap ends up twisted and puckered after a few wearings and then its a little more challenging to work with. Overall I couldn't find a better one.

Works so well, I spoke to my physical therapist about it , she is going on line to order & will suggest to others.

So far it has worked great. Only reason for not giving it a five is that my shoulders have not been too painfully. I have used it and it works great. I have a longer heat pack that I can use with it and that gives me warmth above my shoulder and down my arm which is great

I wish my orthopedist had recommended this from the first day I broke my shoulder. I found it after struggling with a regular ice pack that would not stay on my shoulder without me holding it, which was quite tiring. This has been a great relief to have and I highly recommend it for shoulder breaks or aches!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment