Saturday, September 28, 2019

Sunbeam Heating Pad for Pain Relief | Standard Size Hot & Cold Therapy, 3 Heat Settings with Auto-Shutoff |

Sunbeam Heating Pad for Pain Relief | Standard Size Hot & Cold Therapy, 3 Heat Settings with Auto-Shutoff | Blue, 11-Inch x 21-Inch

Sunbeam Heating Pad for Pain Relief | Standard Size Hot & Cold Therapy, 3 Heat Settings with Auto-Shutoff | Blue, 11-Inch x 21-Inch

I recently received this new Sunbeam Body Shaped Heating Pad with Hot or Cold Therapy, directly from Sunbeam--as a warranty replacement for a different model I'd purchased here on Amazon just about a year ago.(Sunbeam 902-510 Flexible Body Shaped Heat Therapy Digital Heating Pad). My previous heating pad was fantastic & I had used it most every day, given my history of a fractured lumbar spine, lumbar surgeries, severe osteoporosis, RA...I take any and all therapies/treatment for my back & other health issues seriously, with much research involved in any purchases. I was terribly disappointed when the dreaded 'F2" error appeared on the digital display of my old heating pad & couldn't be remedied (F1 or F2 = apparent death of a heating pad). Everyone in customer service at Sunbeam was kind & helpful in replacing my year-old product, however, and I surely appreciate that very much. NOTE: If you should ever have problems with a Sunbeam product, the box states to contact their company directly for issues, as opposed to the place of purchase, as they guarantee their items and have a great warranty program. They will walk you through trouble-shooting, offer replacement items, etc.

*As a reminder: NEVER plug any heating pad, or similar product, into an extension cord or power strip. ALWAYS plug directly into a wall outlet, else risk the dreaded F1/F2 error, and probable death/end of said heating product*

PROS:
Hand-held control is simple to operate, with on/off buttons & up/down heat settings.
Five heat settings, which do heat up quickly.
The same body-shaped style I love & have grown used to, same wrap-around feature, secured by a velcro strap that will extend to fit up to 70". The entire pad is a bit smaller in the back than my old one, which I now actually prefer--I initially enjoyed the larger size of my old one, but the top often folded over due to its size. The new pad is level across the top, which omits 4" from the older pad--it was curved at top and bottom.
The velcro strap, which I mentioned in my review of old heating pad as being "too thin & the one thing I would change" is indeed changed--it's approx. twice as wide, and is also made of a far more durable & slightly thicker material. Together, these features = a secure fit + little or no "bunching up" of the velcro strap. Nice job with the changes here, Sunbeam.
The entire pad is fully machine washable, If I don't hand-wash, I will likely wash inside a pillow case, for added protection, avoid any snags..
*The Removable Gel Pack is a clear "Standard Hot Cold Pack" It fits inside its own velco-secured, mesh pouch, at center of the heating pad, and is what makes it my "Cadillac of Heating Pads." As stated, the gel pack may either be heated in a microwave, or frozen, then placed inside its velcro-secured pouch. Once in place, you can unplug yourself, and feel free to move about the cabin for up to two hours. I personally have not seen anything like it--only pads with rechargable battery packs. I find this design far superior, far simpler, far more suitable for my current needs and any other needs or emergencies that may arise.

CONS:
Lacking any variety of time settings--this heating pad has just one: the 2-hour automatic shut-off. Old heating pad had 8 time settings,beginning with 1/2 hour & included "stay-on" (a feature I used to be opposed to, until I re-fractured my spine 3 months ago and needed longer periods of rest with low-level heat applied). This lack of different time settings is a major issue for me--and is the main reason I have given the product 4 stars instead of 5.
The hand-held control lacks digital display--perhaps for overall simplicity in design/manufacturing, but it added alot to other models--quick, easy visibility of temp & levels; plus, if this model is still subject to that dreaded F2 error, how will one know if it has occured?
As others have already mentioned, no, this heating pad doesn't seem to get quite as hot as I would prefer, even on the highest setting...so far. I will allow more time, more use, to see if that somehow changes. A slight factor in my rating also. Other heating pads, including my previous Sunbeam, got so hot on the lower settings at times, that it could feel somewhat scorching--and perhaps there were complaints or issues with that? If so, it would be reasonable for Sunbeam to make suitable adjustments accordingly with this model. Extra heat can be obtained with use of the gel pack. I view it like this...IF you accidentally scorch your back or other body part, well, you really cannot undo that. (Sort of like with a recipe, you can always add more of an ingredient, but once you overdo something/add too much, you can't exactly take it away).
The cord--it is 9' in length, not terrible but not terriffic either. My previous heating pad had a more generous 12' cord. This shorter cord may tempt people to use an extension cord or power strip, triggering the dreadful F2 fatal error. I do understand that longer cords come with their own hazards, however, such as entanglement, trips/falls. The ability to 'unplug and go,' particularly for me with the heated gel pack, does make up for this in many ways, however.
No extra velcro strap provided with this model--older model provided a decent extra strap, affording the ability to use the heating pad on other areas of the body, such as the shoulder (which this pad does depict on the box, but using the attached strap instead of an extra strap). I may try using this heating pad both ways--with the attached strap as well as with my old, extra strap to see if it is a viable alternative (or makes a noticeable, beneficial difference).

UPDATE June 10, 2015: Going on 10 months with regular use of this heating pad, and heating pad is still going strong. Regarding my initial comment that the heating pad did not seem to get quite as hot as I'd prefer, & I felt I would need to give it more time...that did indeed change: not only does the heating pad still heat up quickly after nearly a year of frequent use, but the level of heat afforded is more than ample on the Medium setting.

I've read all the other reviews, and I like how one person pointed out that heat "really depends on your nerve endings, 'fluffiness', or who knows what other factors." I'd like to think of nerve endings as a significant factor, hoping in my case that the way I've gradually felt increased warmth with the same heating pad on the same settings = healing.

I still see my physician regularly, comply with all treatment, & have completed physical therapy. The biggest benefit of all treatments for me is being more capable of assisting my dear 90 year-old father over the past year. I also purchased this same heating pad for him--he keeps it in his chair at all times, and it has been a tremendous help. Anything that makes my Dear Dad even the slightest bit more comfortable & happy makes me incredibly happy. If I can change my review from 4 to 5 stars now, I will do so.

Have just received the heating pad and it is great so far. I purchased this to replace the models sold in drug stores, which are small, square, and when heated between the chair an my back, become so crumpled, that re-flattening them for the next use is almost impossible.
Thes one, however, straps on, is a heavier fabric, and is shaped/contoured to fit the human form.
Thus far, the heat on medium IS medium.. High is hot. I haven't used warm, assuming it is also appropriate warmth to the setting. I have not used the gel pack thus far, but other reviewers state that it boosts the heat. It is also a handy thing to have as a cold pack that also can be applied in a non-shifting manner. I noted that the pocket for the cold pack is also large enough to contain the other gel packs that I use on my back also.
My only concern with this heating pad, is the warning not to plug into an extension cord, but rather, directly into a wall socket. That is impossible in my living room, and that's where I bought it to use. One star has been removed for this factor.

When I have used this heating pad on-going, I will post an update to the continued functionality of the product.

I purchased this to use as a pain mitigation to Spinal Stenosis. I've had three surgeries for this problem, none of which have been successful.
Using heat is almost the only way to help alleviate some of the pain of Spinal Stenosis thus reducing the Hydrocodone which I use as required, but surely avoid as much as possible. Narcotics, when necessary, are helpful, but come with their own set of problems. -Margaret Reed

I've had a few of these. This was a replacement for a previous heating pad I had and this is one of the best I've had.

What is great:
1. The pad itself is large so that you can heat 1/2 your back at once. You can also wrap it around a leg and get all of your quad.
2. The wrap around is nice - the straps don't seem to get in the way when not using it and then they are nice to have when you need to wrap it around some awkward part of your body to get heat.
3. it has auto shut off. Because we all forget sometimes it's on.
4. IT gets "HOT" - i can feel it through a thick sweater.

Overall, I would highly recommend!

Great product! I am currently having a kidney stone attack. It will be a month before my surgery to have it removed if I don't pass it first. In the mean time I still have to work.This is, hands down, the greatest product to help manage my pain. It's unobtrusive. I can wear it under my shirt while I sit at my desk and no one knows. And it comes with a heating pack so if I need it in the car, I can heat it up before I leave home or the office. I just bought it so I'm not sure how long it will last. But so far so good.

The heat levels are wonderful. With the pain, I need it HOT (without causing burns). This gets right to the edge. And I'm a heavy person. This fits around my middle with no problem and without me feeling like it's cutting me in half.

This is awesome. I have arthritis back pain, arthritis in the knees and carpel tunnel issues. This is perfect for strapping around my back or knee. When I'm driving home I heat the hot/cold pack and have relief for the long commute, since I can't plug it into the car. If I don't want to strap it around my back at work I strap it to my chair to keep it in place against my back. When my carpel tunnel flares up I freeze the hot/cold pack and strap it around my arm or shoulder. This has been fantastic. If you unplug the cord from the unit be sure to unplug the cord from the outlet or it won't turn on. Appears to be a safety issue but I think people think it stops working. The only thing that I would change is have a cord that can plug into your car.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Adjustable heat and cold therapy pad offers muscle pain relief at home and on the go
  • VELCRO Brand straps extend to up to 70 inches to secure heating pad wherever relief is needed
  • Detachable control offers 5 heat settings
  • Removable hot/cold gel pack offers muscle relief while on the move. 9 inches long cord
  • Soft fabric pad is fully machine washable for quick cleaning

Description

Designed to be highly adjustable and portable, the Sunbeam Body-Shaped Heating Pad is built to deliver heat or cold therapy wherever your body needs it. Ideal for lower back as well as leg and shoulder areas, this portable heating pad increases blood flow to sore areas and provides relief for tender muscles. Adjustable VELCRO Brand straps extend to up to 70 inches, making it easy to secure this heat pad to any sore muscle area, while the removable hot/cold gel pack lets you to take your therapy on the go. This large heating pad conforms to the body to ensure effective heat transfer, and the soft fabric pad is fully machine washable for quick cleanup after use. When using at home, plug in this electric heating pad with the included 9-foot cord and use the conveniently detachable control to choose from five heat settings. For pain relief on the go, simply insert the hot/cold gel pack and secure the pad wherever relief is needed. A two-hour auto-off feature ensures safety over long periods of use.



Had a slightly older model which my puppies chewed through when I wasn't looking, so I absolutely HAD to get another as I loved this one so much. It's large enough to use and cover your entire lower back, or a shoulder, and the Velcro strap is very handy for holding it in place.

Bought this in November 2017. Three months later the pad has stopped working with a red blinking light and no heat. Plugged into different outlets, it would turn on for a few minutes and then turn off automatically with a red blinking light. Very disappointed with this product. My understanding is there is no return policy for the heating pad. I do not recommend it to anyone!

Updated as a result of the diligence and preseverance of the customer service representatives in replacing the defective heating pad.

I love that there is both a 'cold and a hot' option with this heating pad. I use both for chronic back pain. It's great while at my computer. I would like to recommend though that this come with an adapter for use in a car as I need it then too! It is adjustable size wise and large enough to encompass the full area of the lower back. I used one while traveling and lost it...so bought a second one. It heats up quite nicely. My other suggestion to the manufacturer is to design one that also has a 'massager' function with Swedish/Shiatsu movements...like kneading, rolling and tapping with various tempos..if that wouldn't be too hard to make. I could sure use one if you do!

So far, so good. This thing heats up nicely and maintains the heat. I love how I can heat up the gel pack in the microwave and actually work in my office knowing that I can move about while still receiving treatment for my back. The cord is quite long and allows me to move around in my chair without it unplugging. I have read all the things people has said that's wrong with it, but my fingers and toes are crossed hoping that I will never encounter them. I liked it so much, I bought a second one, so I can have one at work and one at home.

My office is cold, and I also happen to sometimes have a sore back. I came across this product, and figured I could kill two birds with one stone - it's a heating pad that straps on to a person (but I strapped it to a chair in my case), and it's waaaay smaller than any chair warmer I've seen. I attached it wound the lumbar section of my office chair, and fed the wire through the edges of the chair so the cord isn't in the way (see photos). Now I'm warm and my back feels good all day. Love this product!

Get it Now

1 comment:

  1. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! Ice Pack for Back

    ReplyDelete