Sunday, May 26, 2019

Essential Medical Supply Pop & Glide Easy Use Walker

Essential Medical Supply Pop & Glide Easy Use Walker Skis

Essential Medical Supply Pop & Glide Easy Use Walker Skis

Nice heavy duty ski type slides. Tennis balls work for a little while until the fuzz wears off and the rubber is exposed then it becomes hard to slide. These ski type slides are much better, even better than the normal plastic caps since they slide effortlessly over carpet and tile. A good investment to be sure even at this price. Just pop off the old caps or tennis balls and push these on. They fit well for a 1in outside diameter leg and go on fairly easy and snug. The bottom ski is made of heavy plastic and the tubular inserts of heavy duty rubber so these should last.

I was very concerned about the different reviews regarding how long it lasts. Also that it might scrape my floor. So glad I didn't listen..lol and just bit the bullet and tried it for myself. It works great, it glades over wood, tile, cement, and carpeted floors with ease. I like this much better than the tennis balls which lasted weeks, and shed lint, and shavings all over the place.

It was easy to put on. It's small and compact and make it a little easier for me to get around on all surfaces.

These walker "feet" are excellent. I have undergone numerous major surgeries over the past decade and in each case I have had to use a walker for a week or more after surgery. I've kept the same "walker" that I purchased with my first surgery and every time I had to use it, the rear legs would scratch the wood or tile floor and tear pile from my carpet. I purchased these very inexpensive "Glide" feet soon after my last surgery in July and they have to be the most "bang for my buck" of anything I've ever purchased. No more scratches on my tile and wood floors and no more pile being torn out of my carpet. If you have surgery and the hospital provides you with a walker - which you pay for through your insurance - just as soon as you get home, purchase these very helpful and non-destructive Glide Easy walker feet.

My elderly father uses a walker and for about 2 years I'd been having to regularly replace the tennis balls I'd put on the back legs of his walker. I'd started adding the tennis balls a while back to avoid the loud scraping noise and to avoid scratching up the surface of whatever floors he was walking across. These little devices are a life saver. The work better and are less likely to get hooked up on floor rugs he walks over, and the last a lot longer than the tennis balls did. Win, win! The cost of a pair of these is comparable to what I was spending on enough tennis balls to last the same amount of time, and these are much easier to put on and take off.. No more razor knifes and duct tape! Highly recommended!

I've tried several different types of caps for my walker and these are, by far, the best I've had. They are quiet, they don't make the annoying vibrating noise that other types do. They go over area rugs and thresholds without out ever catching. The walker seems to have more stability than with other types. If you never go outside the split baseballs are fine but they quickly shred when used in the street. I highly recommend these glides and will buy several replacements for normal wear and tear.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Can easily be added on to all 1 inch walkers
  • Made of high quality, durable plastic for extended use
  • Rubber tip will go over existing walker leg for secure fit
  • Each pack includes 1 pair of skis

Description

The pop and glide walker ski pops on for easier mobility. Simply remove your existing tips and add the ski on to allow you to glide over carpet, tile or concrete. The skis will fit on the back legs of any standard 1 inch walker and are designed to last. Each package comes with 1 pair of skis.

Designed to be used on the rear legs of Folding Walkers only, neither intended to be used on the front legs nor intended to be used on any other medical device or household item.

To ensure proper fit take tip off of the rear bottom leg of the Walker and measure outer diameter of the bottom leg tubing. If the measurement is 1 1/8” then these tips should fit your walker, if measurement is smaller or bigger do not use on walker.

For proper installation remove rear leg tubes and remove existing tips. Place skis on hard flat surface and start inserting tube on an angle before straightening while simultaneously pushing down.



I got these for my aunt. She loves them. She was using the tennis balls & they were catching on rugs but these glide right over them & makes her walker easier to use.

These fit our 1" diameter rear walker legs perfectly. They provide almost no resistance at all on any surface, my wife had to learn to use the walker without "rear brakes" like the rubber caps or tennis balls provide. But after a couple days she really likes them, now we just need to see how long they last.

Bought these to replace the black rubber feet that came with the xmas walker I ordered for my mom. Easy to install, secure fit. Now the walker glides across the carpet, whether its on thick or thin carpet and hard surfaces. My 92 year old mother moves pretty fast with these sleds now. She said I should have thought about these sooner. Makes a big difference with her mobility issues. Gives her more confidence when using her new walker.

These are good as is but if you don’t like the skis it’s important to note they’re just pop riveted to a normal skid pad. You can easily drill out the rivet and pop the ski off and have a perfectly fine normal pad without skis. Likewise if the ski wears down and pops off your just back to normal with a new pad underneath. Just sayin.

These skis are much better than the tennis balls with discs and the other skis I have tried. The others would catch the edge of a door mat and I had to be careful to lift the walker over. These have not caught a mat yet and just glide over the edges. They are much thicker than others, so will certainly last much longer too.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment