Sunday, September 15, 2019

Primacare KB-RO74-B Trauma Bag, 7" Height x 17" Width x 9" Depth,

Primacare KB-RO74-B Trauma Bag, 7" Height x 17" Width x 9" Depth, Blue

Primacare KB-RO74-B Trauma Bag, 7

The dividers combined with the pockets help keep things organized. It isn't perfect, ideally I'd prefer to keep my various wound or airway supplies together but there's not enough room to do that. Despite having to spread a few things out (mostly wound care), it's a well organized bag. Being an EMT, I'm likely putting more into this than most.

contents:

hard case(not included): stethoscope, cuff, watch, pulse oximeter
top flap: OPA kit
left flap: forceps, tweezers, shears, penlight
right flap: thermometer
left pocket: assorted band-aids, rolled gauze, 2x2 gauze pads, antiseptic wipes, triple antibiotic ointment, 2" porous tape
right pocket: various sized ABD pads
front pocket: glucometer (not pictured)

main compartment:

right side: gloves, facemasks, goggles, pocket BVM, pocket resuscitator, oral glucose, eyewash kit, chewable aspirin
left rear: 4x triangular bandages, 2x tourniquets, 36" rolled splint
left front: adhesive strips, 4" cohesive flexible bandage, 4x ace bandages, 2x instant cold packs, 2x burn pads, 2x mylar blankets

around dividers:

rear>right: adjustable cervical collar
left: bio bags
front: NPA kit, 10x30 ABD pad

If you're planning to fit a C-collar around the dividers, it'd be best to get one that doesn't have a molded chin. There's multiple brands where the chin folds out like mine, the one I used is the Ambu Perfit.

Aside from the contents in the hard case, this is a personal trauma kit which won't see field use. I hope I never need it, but it's here in case I do.

Works well for a small first aid kit. I used this for a while as I have a bad knack of coming across accidents, along with running as a medic for motorcycle rides and various events. Fits basic medical supplies, but wouldn't suggest for anything beyond basic first aid. Construction was good, and includes a 3 way seperator for organization.

My contents:
Front pocket - Gloves and alcohol pads
Right pocket - 2 tourniquets and casualty cards
Left pocket - NPA, CPR mask, 2 filters
Main Compartment - 5 rolled gauze, stethoscope, andenoid sphygomometer, 2 providone-iodine sponges, 5 gauze pads, 2 pill pottles, SAM Splint, 10 bandaids, 1 Israeli bandage, 1 occlusive chest seal, 2 bandage scissors, 2 forceps, 2 pen lights, 1 knife, 1 seat belt cutter, 1 NPA, 5x OPA, 6 maxi pads, 2 tampons, 1 NCD, 1 trauma shears

So, short story I was making a vehicle trauma kit and wanted a bag I could use. I picked up this one mostly due to price but also because of the reflective stripes.
The build quality is actually quite good and the material is a nice nylon. Not super thick or heavy. There's a small amount of internal organizations with the padded dividers and a few loops tied into the flaps. Apart from that there isn't any other internal organization. No matter, I'm easily able to store multiple bandages and other medical emergency items plus some extras like my stethoscope, blood-pressure cuff and reflective vest.
Unfortunately, I did have to grab the bag after witnessing a car accident in my neighborhood and I was able to easily grab the items I needed. As EMS showed up one of them came out of the ambulance with the exact same bag.

Right now it's it's in the trunk of my car and goes with me everywhere. Durability seems to be quite good. Not a bad bag to pick up for the price. Don't be fooled by other EMS bags that cost hundreds of dollars. This bag will do the job for you. Five stars.

In an easy effort to be prepared for the unwanted, I purchased this bag to hold a number of first aid items in my car, should an unlikely and unfavorable event happen which demands some immediate medical attention.

I am not a trained professional (though my wife is a licensed healthcare provider) but I feel this bag is of great quality for its price and contains numerous compartments that are logically organized and allow for me to place a number of items in the bag. The items I can store within the bag include a AAA first-aid kit designed for home use, three trauma wrap packs for when things get serious, six emergency blankets, heat packs to keep warm, six glow sticks for emergency lighting at night, a carbon steel Mora knife, a general purpose utility tool, and a Gerber camping shovel.

For the relatively low price, I cannot imagine getting something more perfect for my use. This bag is lightweight, compact, and easy to store in my car. It never gets in the way and allows me to carefully organize my gear for efficient access when needed.

At first it looked small... but holy carp it can fit a lot!!! Don’t let the size keep you from buying this bag. This is the best bag you can find for the price. Highly recommended!

I carry:
-stethoscope
-Blood Pressure cuffs
-a TON of bandaids and prep pads
-glucometer kit (blood sugar tester)
-various splints
-oral and nasal airway adjuncts
-bag valve mask (BVM)
-5 penlights
-2 trauma sheers
-paper and pen
-burn cream
-disposable CPR pocket masks

...and there is still a significant amount of room to add more


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Blue trauma bag with medical logo for holding and transporting basic life support (BLS) supplies and equipment (sold separately)
  • Features three padded center compartments and two zippered side pockets for storage
  • Two push-fit strap buckles secure the bag cover
  • Sling strap and handle for carrying
  • Reflective strips for visibility

Description



I love this bag. I am a basic emt and just wanted a jump kit for myself in my personal car. This bag really fit the bill. A few bandages, splints, tourniquet, and, spo2 monitor later I have a great setup that I hopefully will never need.

My 7 year old son asked for an EMT costume for Christmas and the options out there STINK! We decided to put one together ourselves. We found this bag and some of the reviews said it was small...which didn't bother me bc my son is small. But I've got to say it seems like a great quality bag! I can't speak for an actual EMT but it would def be a great bag to have a medical kit in your car. He only received it yesterday and his whole face lit up. Awesome bag!!

Pretty good size for most folks to throw in the trunk I think. I quickly filled mine and now am looking for a larger one. Quality seems pretty good. Only complaint is the main compartment closure; a zipper or something would be nice there and also for the front pocket.

The best emergency grab and go bag for the house. It seemed that every time someone was hurt, I was running to different places in the house to get everything needed to stop a bleeding cut, or finding the emoji Bandaids for a skinned knee. Everything I need is in one place in one bag. Easy squeezy lemon peezy.

I recently came home from multiple surgeries and rehab. I have home equipment now that is necessary to monitor my health and this bag is a convenient way to store and carry that equipment. Just the right size for me.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment