Saturday, September 14, 2019

Featherweight Slim Half Rim Memory Flex Reading Glasses With Anti-reflective AR Coating (black,

Featherweight Slim Half Rim Memory Flex Reading Glasses With Anti-reflective AR Coating (black, 1.75)

Featherweight Slim Half Rim Memory Flex Reading Glasses With Anti-reflective AR Coating (black, 1.75)

Seriously, just had these delivered and I can tell they are fabulous. Lightweight, lovely wood case, & as a Woman of a certain age, I appreciate that I can see without any funky, weird anomalies in the lenses. Once I have them for a bit, I'll let you know about how these hold up.

Just received these less than an hour ago, and so far love them. My only complaint is that I'd ordered these after searching for reading glasses with lenses short enough I could easily see over top of them while watching television, and then just look down to read or fidget with my smart phone. The lenses are a little too tall for that. In fact they are only a couple of milometers shorter than the other pairs of reading glasses I own. However, they feel great, are very light weight, seem very well made, the prescription seems right on the money, and what I like best is how the lenses are attached to the frames. most partial frame lenses are attached where the frame slightly overlaps the lenses so they could screw the lenses in place. This causes little crevices where it's hard to clean around them, often resulting in leaving smudges near these connection points. They are virtually impossible to get 100% clean. However, these have absolutely nothing overlapping the front or the back of the lenses, because the lenses attach to the frames ONLY on the lenses side edges, which will make getting the lenses entirely clean a breeze. There's nothing to hinder you from cleaning the ENTIRE surface of both lenses. I've not seen that before in inexpensive partial frame reading glasses. The only reason I'm not giving them 5 stars is because of the lens height, because I'd have to actually dangle them from the tip of my nose to see over top of them. Maybe they weren't mean for that, but these glasses are what came up on amazon when I searched for that type of lens.Although it's hard to tell from the picture, the bridge piece which rests on your nose is NOT at all attached to the lens and is not at all in the way of cleaning the back of the lens.

Initially, I was not impressed by these reading glasses. They actually feel a bit flimsy and are better described as unobtrusive than stylish. After using them for a few months, though, I don't see myself buying any other brand as long as these are made. The flimsy turned out to be a good thing (read on), and unobtrusive is not a problem when you value function more than form.

The optics are very good. I notice some distortion if I pay careful attention, but this seems to be due to the interpupillary distance being a little bit off. Unfortunately, my eyes are set a little bit further apart than the industry standard for reading glasses. The distortion might cause my eyes to feel more tired than usual after reading for 3 or 4 hours, but, as I type, I've had them on for about 5 hours, and they're still not bothering me.

I almost always have my readers available because I can carry these in my jeans pockets, either front or back. They won't drop out of my shirt pocket, there's no chain to snag on anything, and I won't accidentally leave them somewhere, all because my readers usually ride in my front jeans pocket next to my mobile phones. The top of the rim is a thin, clear, flexible material, the bridge is slightly flexible, and the temples are very flexible. This flexibility seems to be what allows the glasses to keep their shape but still survive my jeans pockets. I've learned that I need to exercise more common sense, though. I just ordered another pair because, after doing a 16-mile hike and several walks on the beach with my readers in my front shorts pocket, the lenses got thoroughly pitted in a 1/2 cm spot in the middle of my field of vision.

Imagine having your reading glasses slide off your face while you're looking down, trying to put a tiny screw back into a different pair of reading glasses. I've never had this happen since getting theses glasses. They're very light, the temples are slightly grippy, and the nose piece fits me well, so I rarely need to push these glasses back up...they essentially don't slide. This is also the first pair of reading glasses I've owned that didn't require tightening the screws occasionally.

Finally, the bridge has a flat and wide shape that's easy for me to grasp with my thumb and forefinger, so I can easily take these glasses off or put them back on with one hand. I can take them off, fold them up, and put them in my pocket with one hand. Unfolding them one-handed can be done, but isn't as easy.

Overall, these readers are fantastic. I highly recommend them.

Thrilled with these glasses! I've searched and searched for reading glasses that do not give me headaches! I can read in these for hours! I'm not sure what the slight, opaque color does for the lens, but it is not visible when reading. Most glasses have too much pressure on my head and the headaches start. I can feel above my ear and feel where the glasses pressed. I do not have that issue with these! They are stylish and lightweight. The case alone should cost what glasses and case cost! I have ordered five pair so far. If you have a problem with reading glasses and headaches, give these a try! You will probably end up with five pair too! Cannot believe the cost for such quality!

These are super comfortable readers with quality lenses.

The arms are a flexible plastic that allow them to contort to your face without pinching or digging in. Because the glasses are so light, the arms are able to hold them in place with minimal pressure. If I had one suggestion to improve these glasses, it is longer arms. Currently, the arms end at my ear. I would prefer they go a bit further back. This would mean that, when folded, the arms would extend beyond the frame. This wouldn't be a problem for me, but it might be harder to fit in a case.

The nose bridge is a similarly soft flexible plastic that is very comfortable. What's more, the nose pads are slightly angled in a way I haven't seen before, and this angle makes it easier to place the glasses in a way that allows you to comfortably read through the lens and look over the lens without moving the frame.

The size of the lens, and the topless frame also makes it easier to see over the lens.

All around excellent readers!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 135mm wide / 49mm lens width / 24mm lens height (Truly a one size fit all) - 1 YEAR WARRANTY ON FRAME AND LENS.
  • Comes with it's Own Reading Glass Case - AR coating Provide Extreme Clarity and Extended Comfort - Reduce Fatigue and Eyestrain from Computer Usage - Lightweight Memory Temple
  • High Quality Unisex Reading Glasses Guaranteed to Make You Look Good

Description

Modern Rectangular Style Reading Glasses. High quality spherical lenses provide superb optical clarity. Meets ANZI Z80.3 high UV protection standards. Passed FDA inspection with impact resistance lenses. Standard lenses transmit only about 91% of light to the eye. The rest is lost to surface reflections. Anti-reflection coatings were developed to reduce reflections for camera lenses and have now been applied to these reading glasses.



Needed a new set of reading glasses so was searching around for something that might last longer than my previous $5 Walmart pair. I had a few I was looking at until I same across these. What got me was not only the design but the nose pads. They weren't your typical ones that seen too pinch after wearing them for some time. These are a light flexible plastic.

They feel like you're not wearing glasses at all. They sit just perfectly for me to either read and draw for close up work and then look up and be able to see far away. The lenses are also a light plastic but very crisp and clear. The frame is a velvety feeling plastic as well that's very flexible. They come in a felt-lined case that has a wood grained look and a microfiber cleaning cloth.

These are light glasses and I expect not able to stand up to harsh abuse. But I keep mine at home and try to keep them in their case. A lot of the time I forget I'm wearing them they're so light and clear. I'm going to be getting a second pair to keep in the car/purse. Finally getting to that age where they are becoming a necessity.

I ordered one pair of these just to try them out. They worked so well, and were made so well that I ordered three more. Now I have one at my work station, one for home office, and another in the kitchen (for reading labels), and one by my bed for nightime reading. Love the hard case and cleaning cloth they come in.

So fab I got 2.... contemplating a 3rd pair cuz all I love seems to get discontinued somewhere down the line.

I thought the little nose pieces might annoy me (prefer nose pieces as part of the rim), but I couldn't be more wrong. They are soooo lightweight that you don't even know you have them on!!

I bumped up to 1.5 cuz my 1.25'ers were starting to get a little fuzzy at times..... so as my very 1st pr of 1.5 ---the world is a much bigger, brighter, and happier place now :))
Also love the T90 glare protection ----anything to help save my eyes (yes, you can tell it's on lenses).... much better than plain reading glasses for the computer!!

I went 1 final step with all my pairs and purchased Croakies MicroSuiter straps. Excellent straps, thin, etc. So now if I ain't wearing them on my nose, they be hanging around my neck and NO MORE searching or reaching.
EyePerfection FOUND!!!

You may not look like Racquel Welch or Beyonce wearing them.... but I'd rec them in a heartbeat!!!

Yup, these are as good as the other reviews claim. They are lightweight and flexible, but not flimsy and delicate the way Foster Grant's can be. I have a wider head ( but not huge), and these fit great without bending out to the ears.

I have one ear slightly higher than the other, which requires adjusting on arm up a little to get the glasses to sit level on my face. I was able to make the adjustment to these plastic glasses without breaking them (excellent!), and yet the adjustment stays. Perfect.

Optics are clear and uniform edge to edge. The temples hinge right at the lens, so these fold quite flat. I got a reader necklace that lets me hang these under my shirt, and nobody knows until I need them. No bulging on my chest. Handy and discreet.

The case is too nice for these $15.00 glasses. I use it for my expensive stuff ;-).

I do not expect investment-grade designer eyewear at $15. If I leave these behind, I don't care. I'll just buy again. Just like I like it.

I have been looking for readers with a half rim where the top is the "non-rimmed" section... sometimes called library spectacles. I use them for computer use when I want to look up and watch TV, or read and look at someone else in the room over the top. Not having the rim on the top makes the transition a little easier. I have prescription lenses as well, but since my prescription is identical for both eyes, I can use readers as well. These are wonderful. They are very light. The frame is very flexible, which makes the fact that they do not have spring hinges a non issue. Add to that the fact that they are less expensive that most of what you find at the drug store or walmart AND add that they have an AR coating??? They are real winners. For this price I may purchase a few more to stash away in convenient places.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment