Monday, September 16, 2019

Spoonk - Back Pain and Sleep Aid Relief in Cotton Regular Size Acupressure Mat with Bag Eco USA Foam, Navy

Spoonk - Back Pain and Sleep Aid Relief in Cotton Regular Size Acupressure Mat with Bag Eco USA Foam, Navy Blue

Spoonk - Back Pain and Sleep Aid Relief in Cotton Regular Size Acupressure Mat with Bag Eco USA Foam, Navy Blue

Easily one of the best purchases I've ever made. In fact, this mat works so well for relaxation and pain relief that I purchased a few more as gifts. If you are wondering about a Christmas gift this year, look no further. Spoonk makes the best quality acupressure products, in my opinion. The mat itself is my favorite. I have used mine almost daily for over a year and the mat is still firm, the prods are still intact, and the carrying bag is still as good as new.

What's so great about the Spoonk mat? It draws blood to the areas you lie on. You feel a wave of heat and the prickly feelings disappear. Then a deep relaxation sets in. Your muscles release tension. The less you move the better, by the way. If you enjoy a great back scratching, then shift about a little. But if you are simply in need of a pleasant stillness, just put your weight on the mat and don't move. In my opinion, the mat is best used on a bed or couch with your bare skin touching it.

Often, simply lying on the mat puts me to sleep. So, watch out. Don't lie on it too long, or you wake up looking like a city of elves has used your body for dart practice. No big deal. No real pain. But it feels a bit unpleasant and sore.

The more sensitive parts of your body will require time and patience to get used to the initial prickly feeling, but hang in there. Pleasure is guaranteed. Often, sore muscles are less sore too. I think the rush of blood to the sore areas initiates healing.

Overall, great product. Worth every dime.

WONDERFUL! OK, I have spinal stenosis, a bulging disc, a bone spur on a vertebrae, compacted discs, crumbling discs, degenerative disc disease, degenerative joint disease, ankylosing spondylitis (sp!) not to mention Fibromyalgia and a shoulder injury that causes problems with my shoulder blade, collar bone and muscles in my back and neck... and I am skeptical about anything that supposedly helps with pain or sleep because I've never found that anything lives up to the advertising or hype....but a personal friend told me about her Spoonk and how she loved it so much she was getting one for her sister...I thought...worth a try. BOY is it WORTH a TRY! Anyone in pain knows the value of decreasing it and getting rest...the Spoonk actually is better than an acupuncturist (which did little to nothing for me) I lay on this even on my bed and I re position on it and after 30 min or more I hang it up and go to bed feeling MUCH better and sleeping better. I think it increases circulation and natural endorphins for me-I hope it does something helpful for you-it's worth the try!

The Spoonk mat was recommended to me by my sister, who had recently bought one for herself, and loved it. I did some research online, and saw all of the positive reviews, and decided to give it a shot. The Spoonk mat arrived quickly, in a very cool travel bag. The large mat is big enough for the whole back, and the smaller mat folds up and secures to make a pillow for shoulders, neck, and head. Both mats are covered in small plastic disks that have 25 + closely spaced raised, sharp, triangular points that are about 1/4 of an inch high. The points are not quite sharp enough to make you bleed, but they are very sharp. Based on the other reviews, I laid on the mats the first time with my shirt on. I didn't really feel much at all. The second time I used the mats in the buff. The pain was so exquisite that I could only tolerate about five minutes. The next time, I put in some relaxing music, and set a goal to try to stay on the mat for 20 minutes. Oh, what wonderful, magical bliss! After the first five or so minutes of pain, the pain sort of melts away into a feeling of warmth. It literally feels like I am laying on a heating pad or electric blanket. I guess the nerve endings acclimate to the pointy things when you lay still. Then comes a magical feeling as the endorphins kick in; a feeling of deep relaxation and meditative bliss. This feeling lasts for quite a while, at least for me. I describe it as a runner's high, without all that tedious running. I am now trying to make time every day to use the mat. Sometimes after a rough day at work, I can't wait to get home to lie on the mat and decompress. I've bought one as a gift for my mom, and have recommended it to countless other people. My only wish for the Spoonk is that one day they will make one that is full-sized, like a twin size bed. My only precautionary warning about the Spoonk is to make sure you position yourself carefully so that as you lie down, you don't need to adjust your position by sliding around on it, because it does hurt when you slide around on it. It also helps if you roll off the mat, or have someone give you a hand as you sit up. I have added a few photos of the spikes.

While reviewing the weather on my IPad, I accidentally hit one of those irritating advertising pop-ups which was Lotus Masters. Lo and behold is was about accupressure mats. I've never heard of one so the more I read the more intrigued I became. Plus, I was looking for a last minute unique Christmas gift for my 24 yr old son. I discovered several sites and reviews on accupressure mats and was SO confused, until I came upon the Spoonk site. After reading all the reviews, there was a certain one that just clicked with me and my mind was made up. I ordered the turquoise colored mat with the pillow and tote bag for my son. Just imagine his "what the heck is THIS" look on his face Christmas morning. Needless to say, he's hooked. Yes, laying on top of a mat that resembles golf shoe spikes is very intimidating and yes, it hurts, at first. He uses it every night before he goes to sleep. He finally allowed me to use it. I was actually scared knowing what was coming, but...I'm serious when I say I fell asleep the very first time. After the initial ow, ow ow and getting adjusted, I went into lala land. I've also tried it with clothes on and that was useless. So now it's bare skin. I actually get excited when I get to use it. For me, it's very relaxing, invigorating, energizing, plus my trigger points and lower back pain goes away. I use the smaller mat as a pillow each time and the spikes digging in my neck and back of my head feels so good. I'm now up 45 minutes every time I use it. I LOVE this thing. Oh, and I just received my very own mat in pretty orange yesterday. There's one thing that happened that I can't stop talking about to anyone that will listen and has me convinced EVERYONE should own a SPOONK mat. After throwing football with my son I couldn't lift my right arm past my chin the next day. It hurt soooo bad and I wondered if the mat would do any good? I promise, promise, promise after 45 minutes and most of that was in a deep sleep, the pain in my arm was totally gone. I could not believe it. The pain was so bad I couldn't turn the steering wheel in my car. Now my husband wants one. Bottom line, you just have to get used to it, 5 to 10 minutes of adjusting, then lala land. Only if you stay on it for at least 30 minutes. I am a 57 yr old female, 5' 7" and 170 lbs. Now do yourself a favor and order a Spoonk. The price for what you get plus the colors you can choose is very decent. I hope my experiences with the Spoonk mats will help with your decision to buy one or more.

I've been using these acupuncture mats for at least 2 years now. I can't remember when I bought Spoonk, but it's been at least that long. I have two sets. I take the small one everywhere if I have to sit for a long time. I stand, sit and lie on it.
I used a pillow case to place over the mat initially because I couldn't go on it bare footed. Slowly I graduated to the real deal. I built my endurance on the mat by 5 min increments. Now before I go to sleep I'm on it for 15-20 min. What does standing on it do? It gives me a deep, satisfying sleep like I used to have as a child.
I also sit on the mat when I need it. The mat helps when my sciatica acts up. Those of you that have it know where the pain hits you. Lying on it also helps with my sciatica and sleep of course. You don't have to lie on it to sleep deeply. Standing on it is good, too.
This product has helped me a great deal with pain and sleep issues. I've told my friends about it and those who have it have had similar experiences. I don't have any connections to Spoonk except using their products. Excellent acupuncture mat!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 3 PIECE COMBO SET: 1 reg. size mat with 6200 points comes with the bag 1 travel size mat - roles in a neck massage pillow or can be used flat as a mini Spoonk + 1 massage Grove Ball (our NEW added item to this combo set) makes Spoonk 3pc.combo set complete massage experience from head to toe.
  • RELIEF from back and neck pain, sciatic nerve, stiff neck and shoulder pain, insomnia, deeper sleep quality and increase in energy.
  • ACUPRESSURE MASSAGE has been used for centuries for treating many different ailments aches and pains lower stress and improve sleep.
  • ONLY ACUPRESSURE MAT on market with ECO foam made in USA no fire retardant toxic chemicals that would shed around your house and can be ingested, actively destroy immune and hormonal balance.
  • TAKE ON THE GO easily travels just roll up, place in bag, and use handy carry strap

Description

Spoonk Acupressure Mat works on the principles of acupressure - healing art known as Shiatsu massage - by stimulating increased circulation with 6210 acupressure stimulation points pressed against problematic areas it helps remove blocked energy and muscle tension or pain while rejuvenates whole body. Laying on the acupressure mat before sleeping for 25 minutes develops effect of deep relaxation that is crucial for deeper and sounder sleep .



I suppose this is one of those items that I just could not resist trying out for myself. I chose this set simply because it came with the 2 mats. I first layed down on this set with no shirt and wow the first thought was could I possibly lay on this spikey mat for another minute.... I toughed it out and like others say soon warmth and relaxing healing sensations started to take over. Did not purchase to help go to sleep easier but for circulation and pressure therapy and atleast my short term results have been great. I also thought it would be useful for my girlfriend but she just lightly touched the mat and said absolutely will not be trying that.

Update:10/17/2017... Love using the travel matt to stand on daily in bathroom while shaving etc. Spoonk has become part of my daily routine and I highly recommend to everyone. Use the larger matt nightly on the bed for 10 to 20 minutes right before sleep and find it so relaxing.

My wife has been dealing with some chronic back and neck issues and we're forever trying out new products like pillows, supplements, essential oils, etc that may help and we recently discovered this. Being that we're naturally crunchy folks it didn't take much to convince us to buy it. As everyone else has stated, it can be quite painful when you first lie down on it, but I've found that as I take a few deep breaths I quickly relax and it becomes rather comfortable and I've actually fallen asleep on it multiple times now which initially doesn't seem possible. You will feel your back become very warm within a matter of seconds and when you get off of it you'll look like you have a bad sunburn [plus 6k pot marks] but that's how it works by stimulating lots of blood flow. And while it is very relaxing I'm not sure it's done much yet for my wife's back and neck issues, but we'll keep trying. You'll actual begin to look forward to it, which probably has something to do with the body releasing endorphins. My only concern is that we have 3 young kids and I'm convinced that one day one of them will jump on me and I'll bleed to death as I don't have near enough band-aids, but so far that hasn't happened. Enjoy!

I've been loving Spoonk for over two years. (I purchased in Nov 2015 and use regularly.) I tend to keep the travel sized mat by the couch so I can use it on my legs, tired feet, or back/shoulders while watching TV or reading. Sitting allows me to control the intensity of the pressure a bit more. The larger mat works best if I'm lying flat on a bed or the floor, either on my back or stomach. Spoonk has made a wonderful addition to my savasana after a yoga practice. It's somehow relaxing and invigorating at the same time.

Using the Spoonk does take some getting used to. The first few minutes can be intense to the point of painful, but that melts away once you settle in. I find that slowly easing or rolling onto and off the mats will keep you from getting scratched as you adjust positioning. (Don't slide or shift too quickly.) My ability to tolerate the pressure for longer periods increased with regular use as well, so give it a few chances if your first attempt doesn't last long.

The covers are washable, (handy if you use them while sweaty or spill off the couch side table) and the mats have held up well. Great quality product that I can look forward to using for years to come.

Counterintuitive as it seems, Spoonks are my favorite sleep aid. My wife bought one years ago, basically as a self-massage device, and kept using it so I tried it just out of curiosity. I hadn't heard it described as a sleep aid but I soon realized that it would quickly put me to sleep almost every time I used it.

Having the two to compare though, I've found that the older one has sharper points and as such causes more initial discomfort, but is more effective overall. When I lie down on the old one, it initially causes pain and requires focus to endure it for a couple minutes until the pain transforms into a soothing warmth. The new one on the other hand is only uncomfortable at first, but doesn't seem to be as soothing after I adjust to it, and is not as reliable for getting me to sleep, though it does usually still work.

My guess is that the new ones sell better because fewer customers (especially children) will give up on them before learning that a moment of pain is worth it. Maybe Spoonk will offer different sharpness levels, and I can give the sharp mat 5 stars.

Spikes were a lot sharper than I expected, and took quite a while to get used too. However, once I did it was very relaxing. I never thought it helped me sleep, but I do enjoy it. And believe it or not, so does my cat.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment