Sunday, September 8, 2019

Medicool DIA-PAK Deluxe Diabetic Supply Organizer 1

Medicool DIA-PAK Deluxe Diabetic Supply Organizer 1 Each

Medicool DIA-PAK Deluxe Diabetic Supply Organizer 1 Each

Good case. Zippers seem sturdy, and the case construction seems strong.

Holds all my insulin vials and any other paraphernalia I need.
Alcohol wipes, needles, glucose meter, test strips, band aids, lancets & lancet device. My log and pen. It also has a cool pack that keeps my vials cold.
Tip: I grabbed an aluminum cigar tube for a sharps container, perfect size
All fits with room to spare. I can not imagine anyone not having enough room in this case.

I was looking for something to make it easier when traveling with my meter and injection pen. I am new to this, so wasn't sure what I was looking for. This is exactly as advertised and allows me to carry 2 weeks of supplies, the length of time my injection pen lasts. There are loops and pockets aplenty. Here is what this holds for me: an injection pen, a glucometer, a lancet device, about 30 disposable lancets, 16 needles for the pen, 30 alcohol swipes, glucose testing solution, paperwork, a mat to put my daily supplies on with room for more. I added more padding by inserting 1 rectangle of Kittrich (Pliant) 6L5900 "Contact-Ultra Grip Liner" Shelf &Drawer Liners 12"X4' in each of the large inside pockets. I can still use these pockets for storage.

I am very happy with this purchase.

I love this pack. I’m insulin dependent, but also have a problem with severe sugar lows. This pack has great organizational compartments, important as I’m on 2 types of insulin, but must also carry glucose pens and orange tablets.

I can also carry money, credit cards and medical information. This is actually my second pack - I bought the first one years ago and it finally wore out.

Would highly recommend.

My wife has used these for years. Holds all her supplies and she takes it everywhere. Very well made. Her last one lasted for at least 5 years but zipper finally gave out. These are also washable in washer.

Little tight when I back is frozen. Would love to see elastic for netter and Test trips as well as a secure place to put pen needles.

Other then that, 108 degree temp from 7 am to 10 pm and the ice was still cool and slushy.

I tried to use a different plastic ice pack today and only got 6 hours. Defiantly use the one it came with.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Cold gel-pack keeps your insulin cool for hours and is easily refrigerated
  • Water resistant and extremely durable
  • Durable nylon construction

Description

Comes with 8 hour re-freezable gel pack



Updated (2 Aug 2017): How about a recap? We've owned the black version of this bag for over a year. We love the bag, but hate the color - our son's glucometer and lancing device are both black - they get "lost" on the black interior (especially when we have to do late night finger sticks!). We've long wanted to order the blue version. When we finally did - it arrived in black. We returned it, notified the seller before reordering, and when it arrived it, again, was black! Finally we ordered from another retailer and finally got our blue bag! But, guess what?

The interior of the blue bag is BLACK!! All of the photos of this bag on both Amazon and the manufacturer's own website show the blue bag has a matching blue interior! I contacted the manufacturer and they confirmed that the blue bag is NOT AVAILABLE WITH A BLUE INTERIOR (and, apparently, never has been - except for when the product photos were made). Manufacturer recommended trying the "Classic" (smaller) version as it has the requested blue interior. We have ordered it and hopefully that'll be an acceptable solution for us!

Original Review: Nice bag - keeps everything we need organized. However, we're not convinced that it's actually available in blue. We ordered it blue but it arrived in black. We returned it and informed the seller of the mix up. We then reordered it (again in Blue) only to have it (again) arrive in Black.

This is the second bag I've had made like this one. I have been a diabetic for 37 years and this bag makes it easy for me to carry everything I need to take care of my diabetic needs no matter where I am or what I'm doing or when I need it. The last bag I had lasted about 10 years before the zipper finally gave out so I'm hoping for the same kind of longevity out of this bag. Keeping control of your diabetes is enhanced with this bag. I am great proof - I have no retinopathy, no neuropathy and I still take care of my own home, cook my own meals and walk my dog 3 to 5 miles a day. Control is the name of the game.

I love this product and didn't even know such a thing existed until I ordered glucose test strips from Amazon and a little photo popped up in the "you might also like" section. This case holds everything I need ... alcohol pads, my glucose meter and supplies, lancets, insulin pen, needles and more. Very well-constructed, very roomy, cleverly organized, lots of pockets and sections. A high-quality product that I recommend 100%.

Love this item. I am able to neatly carry all my insulins, needles, glucose meter and glucose test strips in this pack, along with a small log book, pen, alcohol wipes and emergency glucose packs. Also, the ice pack is able to keep the contents cold for a good amount of time. The only thing I do not like is how bulky the pack can get with all the supplies, but that is unavoidable. It is nice that all I have to do is insert the ice pack and I am good to go to where ever I need without having to worry about how to carry all the items I might need.

This was perfect for our son who is Type 1 and we have to carry a good bit around with us. We even had a small area for a snack!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment