Friday, December 6, 2019

Tempa-dot Disposable Thermometer Sterile, 100

Tempa-dot Disposable Thermometer Sterile, 100 Count

Tempa-dot Disposable Thermometer Sterile, 100 Count

Okay folks these are good stuff. They used them when I was a kid, and still use them today, which is a pretty solid indicator (no pun intended) of how well they work. There are just a couple things to remember.
1) You have to leave them in, PROPERLY POSITIONED, for a full minute, and no more than 5 extra seconds. Count steamboats or Mississippis, whichever works for you, and give it the ten seconds after to stabilize.
2) Keep your mouth fully closed. (You wouldn't think I'd need to mention that, but I've seen people who treat them like toothpicks.)
3 )Lastly, ALL of you complaining about the dots being colored when you got them and threw them away, wasted YOUR OWN money. Sillies. Did you think to contact the Manufacturer? Try to find a fix online? Can't you bother to read instructions? There's a lot on there, but if you look carefully, you'll find this:
Regeneration of The Tempa•DOT Single-Use
fired thermometers Clinical Thermometer may fire (turn
blue) if accidentally exposed to
elevated temperatures. The thermometers
can be returned to functional
condition by placing them in a
standard freezer. The storage time
required for regeneration ranges from
1 hour for a box of 100 thermometers
to 16 hours for a case of 2.000. After
regeneration, the fired dots may not
return to their original beige appear
ance but could be slightly off-color.
This will not affect accuracy nor can it
be confused with the vivid blue color
the dots turn in normal use.
Full function and accuracy will return
after 16 hours storage at room
temperature.

Page 7___________________________________________________

For other info:[...]

I’ve used Tempa Dots for the past 10 years. My husband brought some home from work after our second innacurate in-ear thermometer died. I think these are great and pretty cool too. I’ve never tried this, but I’ve read somewhere that freezing the stick after use resets it and therefore can be used again.

I bought two boxes four years ago and thank God my family did not need to use them all. Up until the third year they were accurate and dependable, but for the past year the plastic has yellowed and the readings have become unreliable. Alas, nothing lasts forever and I just bought a replacement box. If they are delivered to me showing temps greater than 96, I’ll try refrigerating them to see what happens. Honestly, I’ve never had this problem over the years, but who knows how long these things sit on a warehouse shelf before they are bought. That’s a problem with the merchant though, not the manufacturer.

These are very helpful to me, as I am extremely heat sensitive (as a result of having MS) and these allow me to take my temperature no matter where I am. That way, if I'm having a cr*ppy MS day, I can use these to rule out overheating as a cause. I don't think they are 100% accurate, but they are close enough to suit my purposes, and it is really awesome to be able to stick a sheet or two of these (each sheet has 5 of them that can be separated at the perforation lines) in my purse, in a suitcase, in my husband's backpack, etc. The one place I could not really put them is in the car, because the high temps we experience here in Southern California would surely ruin them.

BTW, like other reviewers, I did have a few duds that had already been activated. I can't remember how many, but it was somewhere between 2-5, because I do remember that they were all on one sheet. No big deal to lose a few. This batch will last me a long long time.

Inexpensive, portable, accurate and fun for kids!
I have had, and have subsequently tossed, countless thermometers of many varieties. I always had an uneasy feeling that I was never certain of my or my daughter's temperature. This would sometimes delay treatment. The Tempa-Dot disposable thermometers are crucial.

Battery-operated thermometers last 3-5 years. Unless you take your temperature frequently, disposables are a far more economical choice. I keep mine in the refrigerator just in case there is a heat wave.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • A single use clinical thermometer
  • Farenheit scale of 96o to 104.8o F
  • Flown on board all NASA Space shuttles
  • 100 Pack

Description

Description of 3M Tempa DOT Single Use Clinical Thermometer: These soft, flexible, nontoxic thermometers are ideal for oral and axillary use. Designed for one-time use, these disposable thermometers accurately assess infant, pediatric and adult temperatures in 60 seconds, while also addressing the risk of patient cross-infection. Temperature in degrees Fahrenheit. Individually wrapped.



Very accurate! Our household is always sick and these work great. They do take about 60 seconds to get an accurate reading, so they aren't great for little kids, but you never have to worry if the digital thermometer reading is right or not. My forehead, under-tongue, and in-ear thermometers all gave different readings but these tempa-dots always give the same results.

We've tried so many different kinds of thermometers with varying levels of success. Expensive electronic as well as expensive bulb thermometers.

The bulbs are reliable but take a while and for me at least as a kid I always worried about biting down and having the liquid (then mercury, nowadays probably an alcohol) and glass in my mouth.

These things are great. 1-2 minutes under the tongue and easy to read.

I used these years ago as an RN when I was working, and was glad to see them available for a reasonable price on Amazon. Mine were shipped when it was fairly warm outside (and in the delivery truck), and I haven't found any that have been 'cooked'. They do 'settle' after taking a temperature, and the coloration of the dots takes a minute until it reaches the final reading. Glad to see these again :)

Every time I get sick, I either can't find my thermometer or the batteries have died. What good is that?? So I got this Box of 100 temp dots.. I know there are a lot of temp dots, but with my children being off to college, I shipped 30 to each of my two babies at school so that they don't have to hassle of they feel ill.......

Dots don't work after 60 sec but a little bit longer and with dots down. Lights up some other dots and then they go away in a few seconds. Then it stays that way and that strip is now gone or can't use it again. The blue dots will stay on the strip even after you remove it. This is kind of proof that you were sick or heated it up to that temperature. Didn't seem to work after 60 sec. Got 98 deg and nothing further. Left it in more and pulled it out and then got after two dots disappeared 98.8. Should be 98.6. I don't know if my temp has ever been exact or not. I don't know how much of a tolerance these have as well or how accurate. Kind of uncomfortable in your mouth. Wider and more flat than a regular thermometer. I would say awkward and hard to get a seal on the item in your mouth. Kind of lightweight and floats/bends in your mouth. Comes like a band aid in separate like packaging in strips with dotted rip points. You peel the two pieces of paper apart to get the strip out. Say they are on the space shuttle. Doesn't require batteries. I think they are to be stored within a certain temperature range if I am not mistaken. The high temperature markings/indicators are more towards the center. Goes 97, 98 for each row and then 0.2... or decimal for each column. So if on the 3rd row, I believe, in the back it is 98 and then 4 dots to get 0.6. Nice you can throw them away. I don't know what is worse trying to read the alcohol thermometer or these one's. These you can at least throw away. I don't know if there is a shelf life though. However there is no shaking involved because once you use them they stay with blue dots and you throw them out. Come in a box of 100 and it is relatively small and flat. Thin width and approx 4"x4" or maybe slightly bigger. Every thermometer has a battery today but if you are sick not having a battery is huge. A better option would be point and click with IR but as a give away or disposable this is good enough. Those IR units run $35 but also require batteries as many thermometers today. The trouble with the battery is it runs out and when you need it you don't have one. Now who wants to go to the store when sick or in the middle of the night if you can even find a place?

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment