Sunday, December 22, 2019

Core Products NelMed G-Tube Holder -

Core Products NelMed G-Tube Holder - Small/Medium

Core Products NelMed G-Tube Holder - Small/Medium

I admit I ended up using this wrong, but it has worked so well for me! I didn't put the Peg tube thru the hole in the back, as that was very uncomfortable for me. It felt like the tube was being pushed into my tummy! Instead I put the belt lower than where the tube comes out (across my belly button) and curl the excess tube into the pouch. The belt is comfortable (after I trimmed the loopy stuff on the edges that irritated me) and stays put under my clothes. As I shrank during treatment, so did the belt.

Using tape to control the tube was miserable, tucking it into my pants was awkward and uncomfortable, I even tried tucking it into my bra, but that was . . . . awful. Leaving the tube hanging was unacceptable as it seems very long and tended to catch on things and get pulled. This belt made all the difference. I've used it for 8 months, and wish I'd had it 2 months sooner. These little things that give control and comfort during trying times are wonderful. Seriously, these should be offered along with the feeding kit to every patient who has a tube installed immediately after surgery. All that stress about controlling the tube the first couple of months could have been avoided. Stressing over cancer is enough.

Thank you, i received it last week, went well from start, second morning waking I just felt I lost my tub unbutton the shirt and WOW all in place was if I gotten about it, I had a g-tub for five years ask and ask nurses and doctors, for answer all they said was tape it up, so I just always wore a button up shirt use it like a sling, alway felt pulling living hell for five years, I love this item not had it a week but purchase a second and I am giving all hell, why did they not know doctors, nurses, health care workers, my life was change big improvement thanks so much

My brother has had a feeding tube for 2 years & it was so uncomfortable. At night when he rolled over it pulled & hurt. The tape was awful on his skin when he tried to secure it. I order the G-tube belt & it was amazing! This belt is so comfortable, holding his feeding tube in place, & do easy to feed with it. We ordered 6 more & donated 5 to the hospital where he gets his chemo to help other patients. The nurses were so impressed with them, they are going to have purchasing order some to have on hand for all their G-Tube patients. You will love this product.

Excellent solution to the problem of how to handle a feeding tube. I went through the usual progression mentioned here by others: the nasty tape holders provided by my doctors (uncomfortable to remove and hard on my skin), Ace bandage wrap (I tucked the end of the tube into it), and slipping the end into a belt loop on my pants (fine if you are content to wear your shirt tail out). This device secures the end of the tube that goes into my belly and holds the tube nicely coiled so you can dress normally. Since the elastic strap lets you keep the device as loose or as tight as you like, it is very comfortable. The pouch is lined with soft cotton so it is non-irritating. It wasn't clear to me from the description that the holder is part of the package. I was glad to see the pouch IS included, so no need to buy it separately. The pre-slit gauze pads offered separately are good to have, since they keep the plastic disk on the belly end from irritating your skin. I don't wear it at night, so I can't say what it would be like to keep it on 24 hours a day. But for my purposes, it functions very well. Be sure to measure your belly where you be wearing this so you get the right size.

The tube holder works great on my wife this is to hold a drain tube from her lung that comes out of her side. I had to cut extra slices up & down (+) plus she doesn't have to use tape on her skin anymore. I am going to buy another holder so I can have one to use while I wash the other holder.
The 45" to 60" is the waist size in my book not H that is for height.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Made in the USA: Discreetly secures G or PEG tubes under clothing
  • Helps reduce skin irritation and discomfort associated with taping
  • Latex-free, soft material is comfortable against the skin
  • Plush, elastic band is adjustable for easy application
  • Easy-access panel with grip tab for convenience

Description

The NelMed G-Tube Holder was designed by the wife of a gastrostomy patient who disliked the side effects of G-Tubes being taped to her husband's skin. This holder comfortably secures G or PEG tubes in place without the need for tape, minimizing skin irritation and discomfort. The easy-access panel with grip tab combined with the belt's adjustable closure help increase patient's ability for self-care, keeping the G-Tube secure during restroom visits, sleeping, and everyday living. The NelMed G-Tube Holder secures most enteral feeding systems (PEG tube, G-tube, J-Tube (Jejunostomy), and more) to the abdomen and helps minimize the risk of accidental pull-out in combative patients or small children. The latex-free material is soft against the skin and the low-profile design is discreet under clothing. For comfort and additional security, the tube is placed through a slit on the back of the pouch to help reduce tension. Sizing is based off of waist measurement and is available in two sizes, S/M 30-45 inches and L/XL 46-60 inches. Made in USA.



This is wonderful, and I love it. Very soft and comfortable, and keeps the tube flat against my stomach. I bought the large and cut off the excess, so that it fits easily around me, not too tight. Keeps the area clean. I use a couple of squares of gauze between skin and flat circle, to catch any drainage. Then I pass the tube through the slit in the fabric of the pouch.

My father-in-law just had a PEG feeding tube inserted (that is a feeding tube that goes straight into the stomach) and he is still in the a Skilled Nursing facility to heal, learn how to use it at home and to get back on his feet. We gave it to him yesterday and he really loves it. Before, his tube was just hanging out and he had to keep stuffing it up under his shirt. The Physician's Assistant stopped by and was totally impressed with this little pouch as well. Just ordered 2 more so he can have a change. It is machine washable! Hope Amazon stocks lots of these now that the word is out! Highly recommended!

added note after a few days use......my Fatherinlaw loves it but was having a hard time opening the pouch because the Velcro was hard to open with his arthritic fingers.....so the nurse, who was teaching him how to feed himself, added a piece of tape over the top strip of Velcro turning the item into a pocket ....my Fatherinlaw is delighted....now he can easily access and return the tube after feeding.

that would be a great feature for this product for self-feeders!

Can't believe that we had to randomly find this great product. Wish the hospitals would if not "recommend" at least guide you to where to find them. We have been using gauze and tape to hold my husbands tube for years and not only is it painful its messy. This belt is wonderful. It Velcros around the waist and the padded opening where your tube can go through is very sturdy. He even sleeps with and doesn't worry about pulling the tube out (what a relief). The only downfall for US is that he has Major Dyskinesia so it sometimes comes loose. I will probably add more Velcro to make it more sturdy.

I bought this for a friend. I had bought a couple when my son underwent having a PEG (feeding tube) installed five weeks before he died of Progressive SupraNuclear Palsy. He loved it. The Peg cord no longer pulled and it provided great comfort. The Hospice staff had never seen anything like this to hold a PEG, and were enthralled. They shared that they planned to share what I had with other PEG users. My friend is thrilled with her gift (for her husband).

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment