Sunday, December 22, 2019

BH Lot of 50 Emergency Mylar Blankets - 84" x

BH Lot of 50 Emergency Mylar Blankets - 84" x 52"

BH Lot of 50 Emergency Mylar Blankets - 84

I'm a 52 year old mom from ND with adult children and also one last kiddo at home who just passed his driver's permit test. Last Christmas I spent about $75 on each of 8 Winter Emergency Kits for the car and gave them to my kids, their significant others, my dad, sister, and niece. This Christmas I'm gifting this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SIR91A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 awesome shovel to those same 8 people to add to their kit. (Hopefully that link went through, if not, I'll try to update this post.) While making the kits I must admit I really doubted these ultra thin Mylar Emergency Blankets could do much, but they did get good reviews and I figured for as cheap as they are what did I have to lose. Today (11 months later!) I received my order of 50 mylar blankets which I'm handing out like candy going forward (in fact, it would be a great trick or treat gift to give along with a candy bar!) I REALLY BELIEVE THIS SIMPLE, INEXPENSIVE EMERGENCY BLANKET COULD SAVE A LIFE. Now for my review: They are exactly 52 x 84, the same dimensions as listed. They come very neatly packaged in little zip lock bags that are about 5-1/4 X 3-1/2" (they fold up super orderly and fit like a charm.) I sat cross legged on my floor, wrapped a blanket around me and over my head and held it closed in front of my nose and started to sweat within 45 seconds.....was amazed, so I took it outside (it's 33 degrees f outside at the moment) - I did not sit down in the snow cross legged, but I did stand with the blanket wrapped around me and over my head in just my shirt and leggings and was very comfortable for over 10 minutes at which time I was impressed enough so gave up the experiment. As soon as I unwrapped myself from the blanket I was immediately chilled, showing me how cold it really is outside. As far as how durable it is....It's durable enough that's for sure. It didn't even come close to tearing, although I didn't wrestle around with it. I treated it how I would have if I was truly in an emergency and concerned about the effectiveness of the blanket. I'm excited for my husband and teenager to come home so I can show them how awesome these blankets are. I would post pictures here, but my phone data is all used up with over 7000 pictures of my kids and grandkids. I really need someone to get those pictures off my phone and onto my computer for me.

These blankets do exactly what they say, keep you warm and protected from the elements. These are an important part of any emergency ""go kit" or "ready bag". They are light weight, small and easy to pack. Since they are not very expensive, they also make a nice hand out for people who promote emergency preparedness. My Community Emergency Response Team will be handing these out at our police department's National Night Out. They are a nice way to get people started thinking about being ready..

I just bought these out of curiosity cause I didn't know what they were. I gave a bunch to people I work with as christmas gifts. We all sat around and checked them out together lol, it was interesting. I've had them quite a while and I haven't even opened all of them because I haven't found myself in enough danger yet lol but I do keep some in my car just in case. Why not, the packaging is so tiny.

Oh yes, it was another success for my plants. So it is fall and I decided to take my plants down into my basement but after setting up the lights I realize the lights was either escaping or being absorbed. As per youtube mylar was recommended. Some venders sell their mylar by rolls and thickness. I selected this mylar emergency blankets because I'll cover more square footage space cheaper. This review is not to compare other quality mylar with this emergency blankets. This review is what I used it for and its performance. I used it for capturing and reflecting light.
This emergency blanket is thin but strong and has a little transparency, this means if I put my hand at the back ill see it from the front but when I tape it onto a solid wall it reflects the light as expected and retain some heat too. Thank you all on YOUTUBE.

Great item: I disperse them around the various homeless places here in the San Fernando Valley and they really do help keep them warmer. We've had a particularly cold winter in California, so these have been a nice bonus for them. Thanks.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Size: 52" x 84"
  • Mylar Material
  • Reusable
  • Long lasting
  • Helps retain body heat in emergencies

Description

Developed for use by astronauts, these emergency survival blankets are lightweight, compact and have many uses. Mylar can retain 90% of your body heat and can be used as ground cover or a shield from the elements. Not only can these be a life saver by providing warmth, but they can also be used as a ground cover, to build a shelter, collect rain water, and as a reflective signal device.



I ordered these blankets as a donation to support the Orange County (NC) Partnership to End Homelessness annual Point in Time Count. This event calls on staff and volunteers from community service agencies, religious organizations, local government and nonprofits to interview individuals experiencing homelessness to determine what needs are not being met and to track progress in ending homelessness. These blankets, along with other needed items, were distributed to individuals without access to shelter who nonetheless deserve warmth and dignity. Thank you for your prompt order processing and reasonable price, which helped us to meet some of our community members' needs.

I regularly order these for a homeless shelter here in Phoenix.

They are reusable and pack well.

The pricing is great.

These blankets keep in the heat very well.

My daughter leaves these out for homeless folks, and she has now spotted them being used. Given the price, I wasn't sure each blanket would be individually packaged with an indication as to its purpose. They are (see the picture). I will definitely buy more of these if they run out.

Considering how expensive Mylar can be, these cheap blankets are strong and resilient, and suitable for a variety of projects. And this bundle is like a lifetime supply. Very thin, so don't expect miracles. And yes, they are folded, so your unfolded blanket will have square creases alllll over it. Like a mirrored ball. Kinda.

This is a great price and they worked great for when we passed them out to the homeless in Seattle. They come folded in a nice small zipped plastic bag so are easy to hand out. I’ve even opened one and helped cover someone who was sleeping on the streets and its quite large and covered them well. I will definitely buy these again as it is still cold out there and the homeless really appreciate these!!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment