
Great reading glasses! The frames are thinner than some of the others on the market and they a little more professional or something, Just better looking on your face. These are truly multifocus and they have a good range of focus. I can wear them in the office to read and use the computer and yet I can sit in a conference room and meet with people and see them clearly and comfortably without having to fiddle around, take my glasses off and put them back on.
My only complaint is that the lenses are not really tight in the frames when cleaning them with a cloth. You have to be a little careful not to pop the lenses out. Not a big deal and I haven't popped them out yet, but they are just a little loose when you rub them with the cloth. That really is the only issue.
I need reading glasses to work (for presbyopia), and need stronger correction for closer work, not as much for looking at the computer monitor, and almost none for looking at my colleagues, whiteboards or projector screens when in meeting rooms.
I tried with several multifocus prescription glasses, and they all had weird aberrations, had too strong correction at the top, and a tiny size for the closer reading area bottom, tiny both vertically and horizontally: if I held a book in my hand, the reading area didn't even cover the width of a paperback page. (I find it idiotic to design prescription glasses in a way that you have to move your head or book to be able to read it.)
After I threw all those (expensive) glasses away, but before going back to swapping two reading glasses perched at the tip of my nose, I decided to give the Foster Grant multifocus readers a try. For the price, I didn't expect much.
I was blown away: these glasses are much better optically than all the $400+ fancy-coating prescription glasses I've bought, the multifocus does not have dizzy aberrations, the three correction zones go all the width from once side to the other, and vertically they're high enough to be useful. Plus the top correction works great for looking at whiteboards without having to push down my glasses.
The frames are too weak for the kind of heavy use I give them: I've broken two at the hinge in a year and a half. Nevertheless, the price can't be beat and I'm willing to keep extra pairs hanging around in case I break or forget them. The fragility would knock off a star in the rating, but the price puts it back up again.
I dread the day they stop making these; when the time comes, I think I'll have to order enough pairs to last 20+ more years.
They are good for using when at work and need to shift focus quickly from various distances. However, multi focus lenses for some reason are less effective when I read than normal reading glasses. So I still have to use two sets of glasses sometimes. They have a clean look about them. Also they are lightweight, which is important as heavy glasses do get uncomfortable as the day goes on. The case is useless for protecting your glasses. It's a sleeve and I threw it out. The cloth that came with it is small, rough and cheap. You can buy much better ones for a dollar.
Excellent vision at a range of distances. Perfect when I'm working with both printed material and the computer. I like that I don't have to take them off to see clearly across the desk or table at meetings. They are also great for social settings such as reading a menu but still being able to clearly see everyone at the table. Everything from 12 inches to 12 feet is clear with just a slight tip of my head. They are also good looking and don't feel like drug store readers.
I do wish they made a version that had mild correction at the bottom transitioning to clear at the top for driving.
Bought these after cataract surgery to tide me over for six weeks until I got a new prescription. Performed as intended but I don't believe the reviewers who say they prefer these to prescription glasses. I doubt that the quality of the lens plastic is comparable, and I can verify the comment by another reviewer that there is a slight red tint when looking at the computer screen. To make it weird, the left lens has a stronger tint than the right lens.
I thought perhaps I could wear these while driving so I could see the dashboard. First, I found out I didn't need glasses at all to see the dashboard (yay), and second, the top of the lens is not 0x. Maybe I didn't read the description closely enough but the Amazon description isn't as clear as it should be. It says the top strength is for "interacting," whatever that means. The packaging that came with the glasses is more helpful. It says "Reading: Normal Strength. Computer: Slightly Less Than Normal Strength. Across Desk: Half of Normal Strength." For me, the top of the lens, not the middle, is ideal for computer.
These were good enough to tide me over. My new prescription lenses are better, as they should be.

Feature Product
- Case included
- Scratch resistant
- Spring hinges
- Multifocus
Description
Introducing Foster Grant’s Braydon. This multi focus lens is featured in a cool, satin gunmetal frame. Three different strengths offer the option to use for reading, computer use and interacting. They truly are life changing for those who wear readers! No more taking off and putting on your readers all day. Select your normal strength.
These are much better for computer use than typical reading glasses because the focal distance is farther out. I'm in my mid-late 40's and started to have difficulties seeing the screen clearly. This is very common for my age.
They are nice and wide on my head unlike the 'James' and 'Conan' models which were too narrow. I've been using their plastic frame ones and those all eventually broke for seemingly no reason while wearing. I would be wearing them and all of a sudden a loud CRACK. These metal ones should hopefully not break in that way since they are metal.
These Braydon model have a nice feature where the hinge flexes out beyond the 90 degree angle with a good spring action. My only minor complaint is that the nose pads are going to take some getting used to. The plastic James and Conan models don't have the nose pads and in that regard are a little more comfortable, IMO. What seems to be happening is that my nose is getting pinched between the pads. I will try some threaded bandaid strips on the pads to give them some friction so they won't keep sliding down to pinch my nose bridge.
Like so many others, I used to have reading glasses scattered all over the house and office. I'd have to stop and search for a pair at least a few times every day. (Having glasses on a string around my neck just wasn't my style). These readers are great, but not perfect. For distance viewing (especially while driving) it's best for me not to be wearing these. They do distort the view of objects that are more than 20 or 30 feet away. I went with this style because it seemed they had the tallest lens when compared to others and thus hoped to avoid other critical remarks that the vertical transition sections are too narrow. With this style, I have no issue shifting from zero at the top to 2.0 at the bottom. For me, these are perfect for home and office use - no so much when driving or walking in town.
This is my second pair of Foster Grant Multifocus Glasses and I love them! I accidently broke the first pair I had used for about 6 months and immediately replaced them because they were well-suited to my needs. My first pair were a little heavy because of their "tortoise shell" plastic frames, but this pair has lighter-weight metal frames, so I actually like the new ones better. Definitely recommend!
I love these reading glasses, I have six! super clear lens that lets you read your phone and look up and see PC or TV clearly. Great for watching TV and surfing my phone.
Excellent quality, solid, metal construction with spring loaded arms. They did not work for me personally as the arms weren't long enough to go all the way over my ears. Also the top part of the lens had too much magnification for me.







0 comments:
Post a Comment