Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Seal Tight Protector PICC and Dressing Protector, Best Watertight Seal, Medium

Seal Tight Protector PICC and Dressing Protector, Best Watertight Seal, Medium Arm

Seal Tight Protector PICC and Dressing Protector, Best Watertight Seal, Medium Arm

As another reviewer mentioned, this is so much better and trying to wrap the arm in saran wrap. I was able to put the protector on by myself so I didn’t need someone to help me. I bought this to keep my pic line dry while I showered. I was still careful to keep that arm out of direct water but nothing penetrated. No water got inside at either end. I might suggest purchasing a size larger than your measurements. My upper arm measured 15 inches so I bought the large size for 15 to 22 inches. I was concerned it might be too loose at the top but did not have that problem. I suspect the opening will stretch out overtime but it was plenty tight out of the box. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that has a PICC line.

Update:
Four weeks later and I’m still thrilled with this product. I use it every day when I shower. The top opening has relaxed slightly but still gives a watertight seal. Generally I don’t purge the excess air but it seems to work just as well either way. I am extremely pleased with how easy it is to use this product and how well it performs.

Fantastic option. I have a medium size, which is quite tight (I'm 5'10, 185lbs, average arm size). It's supposed to be tight to keep the water out of your PICC line bandages. I've done the saran wrap / specialized patches / waterproof tape method, and nothing beats the ease of the Seal Tight. Takes a few seconds to put on, and a few seconds to remove, and my PICC line is dry as a bone every time! No, it's not indestructable... I've used mine for three weeks and it's starting to loosen up a bit... But for the price and ease, it was a slam dunk decision for me to purchase a second one as backup.

SO much better than trying to wrap a picc line with the supplies the hospital and home health company provide. My son had his last picc for almost 4 months...this cover made it SO much more tolerable for him. Showering is quite difficult with a picc and this made it WAY easier. It did stretch out quite a bit...we actually had to but a second one AND it would be nice if top and bottom were marked, next time we'll remember to try to do that with a sharpie.

Absolutely perfect fit - I used the sizing chart from the comment by RS below. Here it is again:

Small: Upper Arm Circumference - Inches: 7 - 10 / CM: 18 - 25
Medium: Upper Arm Circumference - Inches: 10 - 15 / CM: 25 - 38
Large: Upper Arm Circumference - Inches: 15 - 22 / CM: 38 - 56

The picture shows it on the forearm but my PICC line is upper arm. Doesn't matter, it still works just fine & everything stays bone dry in the shower. I have been using it for 3 months so far & it shows no sign of wear. It is a breeze for my wife to put it on my arm & take off but I'm certain I could manage it by myself if I needed to.

Bought this for my boyfriend who had a PICC line put in. I knew that he was only going to have it in for about a week or two, so we didn't need anything too fancy. This was perfect. My boyfriend is a big guy so we were a skeptical that it would fit over his arm. Together we had to stretch the protector over the PICC, it was tight but it covered. After that first time we stretched it out and put it on, he was able to pull it on himself without any problems. This product did exactly what I wanted it to do and was satisfied with the price i paid.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • All SEAL-TIGHT products are latex-free, easy to use
  • SEAL-TIGHT keeps casts and bandages dry
  • SEAL-TIGHT waterproof cast and bandage protectors are the easy way to keep water out during showering, bathing or play
  • Today, SEAL-TIGHT remains the #1 brand for cast and bandage protection

Description

You don’t have to avoid the water because of a cast or bandage. SEAL-TIGHT waterproof cast and bandage protectors are the easy way to keep water out during showering, bathing or play. All SEAL-TIGHT products are latex-free, easy to use and guaranteed to perform. SEAL-TIGHT keeps casts and bandages dry. Protector is a safe, economical and effective covering for dressings surrounding PICC lines and elbow surgeries. Open design allows user the freedom to use his/her hand. Easy application eliminates need for pumps, hook & loop closure straps and adhesive tapes that may irritate skin. Made of TPE, high performance thermoplastic elastomer that stretches easily, folds compactly and maintains waterproof seal. Reusable. Not made with natural rubber latex.



OMG! I have tried everything from wrapping my arm with plastic wrap to Shower Shields and nothing worked. Every time I took a shower my PICC would get wet. This is the only product that has worked. I have had a PICC line twice. So far this time I have had it for over 7 weeks and my doctor keeps saying another 2 weeks. Now that I have this product I don't care how long it is going to be now that I can take a decent shower. I would highly recommend this product for anyone who has a PICC line. It will make your life so much better.

We have bought this item twice now due to my boyfriend having a picc line. Twice because the first one was misplaced. Now he had to have another picc line and we went with the same one as before. It works very well and is made of sturdy yet pliable plastic material. It keeps the water out very well and does exactly what it says it does. For anyone with a picc line or a wound that cannot get wet, I highly recommend this product. Plain and simple, it works and works good.

I've used this on my upper arm once per day for 5 weeks now. It has worked great, no leakage whatsoever.

Initially it was very tight and difficult to put on. After a week or so it got better as the plastic stretched out a bit. Right now it's quite easy to put on and take off, but still seals 100%.

My upper arm circumference is 28cm and I had the medium size which is rated for 25-38cm. Since it was very tight at first, I don't think the medium size would work at all for people at the upper end of the range.

works well and water doesn't get in when i shower. This saves me so much time because it's an easy slip on and slip off. It does seem like it will loose its elasticity in time. Overall i'm happy with it.

I've tried several PICC covers and so far this is my favourite. I can put it on by myself and it keeps my PICC completely dry. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 starts is because it's fairly expensive and it doesn't last that long. I can use it several weeks to months but eventually it'll tear. Also, I measured my arm and ordered the size which supposedly would be right for my arm (small). But it was so tight that it actually made my PICC line bleed again. Now I use size Medium and it's perfect. So if in doubt about the size I'd choose the bigger size.
Overall I'm happy with this cover and I will keep repurchasing because it's the only thing that keeps my PICC completely dry and I've found nothing better.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment