Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Seal Tight Original Cast and Bandage Protector, Best Watertight Protection, Adult Short

Seal Tight Original Cast and Bandage Protector, Best Watertight Protection, Adult Short Arm

Seal Tight Original Cast and Bandage Protector, Best Watertight Protection, Adult Short Arm

I bought this cast protector for my mother, whom unfortunately fell and broke a small bone in her hand. She is a senior, and she was a little afraid about using the glove (best way to described is a full arm glove); she was concern that somehow would it hurt her, while sliding it up her arm. Her fingers were swollen, and she had some pain.

The first issue was lubrication, how to slide the narrow rubber seal over her fingers and her arm.
I found at home a hand sanitizer “Assured” brand, that it’s clear, and it’s like a gelatin with alcohol. When I applied in my hands I realized that it can lubricate for few second before it totally evaporates. It does not leave any grease residue, and since it evaporates there is not risk of wetting the inside of the cast, and also it kills bacteria so there are no chances that if some of it slide into the cast, that could create a problem later on.

So I lubricated the ring and her fingers, and I was able to slide it over her fingers with minimum discomfort for her.

I slided the glove over the cast almost to the end (towards her elbow), and I proceeded to lubricate the rubber ring (the previous application already had evaporated), I lubricated forearm, elbow, and a little of her upper arm. Then I was able to slide the full arm glove over her forearm, and then I moved slightly backward to make sure the seal was in the correct position.

For a senior lady the seal was tight, but is to be used only for few minutes while taking a shower. Once it was on she felt confident.

Before I tell you about the removal process I have to explain a bit about her injury. She needed a minor surgery that required the installation of metal pins that go from the outside of her hands towards the bone, and that is what holds the bone in place while it heals.
That means that the pins are exposed inside the cast (of course there is some bandages covering the pins), but the issue is that the cast cannot move or slide out a bit, because it may pull the pins.

To remove the glove arm protector from her arm, the narrow seal will push out against the cast. I highly recommend two people to help in the removal.
The person with the cast should be standing (if possible), and with their arm straight down, so it locks.
The helper #1 should seat and hold the forearm cast and glove sleeve, firmly in place. The other helper #2 should lubricate the seal ring and arm. The #2 helper will slide the ring down over the arm, and rest it over the cast while # 1 helper is holding the cast and arm firmly so the motion of the ring does not push out the cast from the arm; lubricate again the ring so it will slide easy over the fingers.

The second time that we help her putting the glove sleeve, she was confident, and not afraid.
It is important pay attention to this details, it is not easy for someone that had been injured to let other to manipulate an injured arm

The product is very good, it seals perfectly without any issues.

I hope that you like the review and tips, if you have any questions let me know, I will gladly do my best to answer your question.

I got a cheap one of these types of things at Walgreens for a broken pinkie after surgery. Pinkie was in a straight, kind of outwartd position and made it annoying to put on shirts, etc, and the Walgreens arm cover was super difficult to put on without moving the finger.

This was super easy to put on. I just grabbed the seal with my thumb, leaving a big gap for my pinkie, and shoved the rest of my hand through. Pulled up to my armpit or so, back down to seal. Super easy, stayed dry. Had to use it about 2 weeks and had zero problems with it. I'll be putting it away in case I or someone I know needs one in the future.

My arm/hand stayed bone dry, the only complaint I have about it was it was really, really long. Not a big deal as I wasn't using the arm while showering anyway but it was at least 8" too long. Better than too short.

This works very well to keep your cast dry.
Here are a few tips:
1. Have someone to help you put it on. Think of the opening as a square. My husband stretches the rubber seal with both of his hands across from each other and I use the good hand to squeeze the rubber seal on the bottom side, creating an opening large enough to fit my cast in. (I have a half cast, half gauze, so I can not just squeeze the cast through the rubber seal.)
2. When you are in the shower, keep the arm with the cover on it pointed towards the sky, to prevent water from running down to your cast. (It is a very tight seal, but better safe, then sorry.)
3. Try to take shorter, less hot showers because condensation will build up on the inside when you take a hot long shower.
4. Dry the cast cover thoroughly before removing it, to reduce the chance of getting your cast wet.
This is a great product, I highly recommend it!

I'll give this 5 stars being it works well, but it is a bit short for taller folks with a full cast like myself. I was barely able to get it over my full cast. Had to make a fist. It was also very tight, though I have muscular arms, I was able to trim the hole a bit bigger. All and all it worked great, not it's fault I am strong and have long arms. It never leaked, even a drop.

This product works as designed but not w/o problems. i have a large cast on my right arm due to biceps surgery. It was nearly impossible to get this sleeve over the biggest part of the cast/splint. I did it with one arm but not w/o disturbing the ace wrapping of the bandage and putting too much torque on my arm. Getting it off is equally problematic. Of course, not a molecule of water got in past the rubber seal. Today, I made the strategic decision to make one cut with a scissor through the rubber sealing end. It's now much easier to get on and off; the downside is that a small 1/2" gap appears at the end which is not sealed. However it was very easy to keep the shower water away from that gap and now I can use this thing daily w/o ruining the bandage or injuring my repaired arm. This little trick should be fine unless you are literally submersing the whole thing.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • All SEAL-TIGHT products are latex-free, easy to use and guaranteed to perform - See more at: http://www.brownmed.com/our-brands/seal-tight/#sthash.T6Jgk0Rm.dpuf
  • SEAL-TIGHT keeps casts and bandages dry
  • SEAL-TIGHT waterproof cast and bandage protectors are the easy way to keep water out during showering, bathing or play. - See more at: http://www.brownmed.com/our-brands/seal-tight/#sthash.T6Jgk0Rm.dpuf
  • Today, SEAL-TIGHT remains the #1 brand for cast and bandage protection.

Description

You don’t have to avoid the water because of a cast or bandage. SEAL-TIGHT waterproof cast and bandage protectors are the easy way to keep water out during showering, bathing or play. All SEAL-TIGHT products are latex-free, easy to use and guaranteed to perform. SEAL-TIGHT keeps casts and bandages dry. The easy, durable way to stay dry Recommended by doctors for showering and bathing, SEAL-TIGHT Original Cast and Bandage Protector is the BEST watertight protection available. Easy to apply application ring eliminates need for strapping, pumps or hook & loop closure. Nonlatex diaphragm stretches easily over cast or bandage to form watertight seal. Durable polyvinyl bag prevents water penetration. Reusable. Lasts the life of the cast.



This is the hands-down best thing you can buy if you are stuck in a cast. My 11-year-old son broke his arm and was in a cast for six weeks. This was a life saver. I had to help him put it on and off, but I think it might be possible to put on yourself (but it would be very hard). His arm was totally dry after showering, no leaks whatsoever. I couldn’t have imagined trying to tape and use plastic bags after using this.

works well. it is really tight so you have to shower quickly because it feels that the circulation is cutting off.
you need someone to help you put it on and taking it off as it is almost impossible to put on one-handed, but it does it's job in keepig the cast/ bandage dry. runs long so the "elbow" is not quite at the elbow, but like I said, it serves its purpose

Good product. I had a complete dislocation of my right elbow (with severe ligament damage etc) and have almost a full arm cast. This covers my arm completely. I am 6'1'' tall. It provides a tight seal and provides enough flexibility. It keeps my hand and most importantly, the cast, dry. It works. I bought the Adult long arm with Prime 2 day shipping (arrived on time)

This does what it's supposed to however I'm a little chubby and the first time I used it I lost circulation to my arm due to the tightness of the seal. Ended up having to cut the rubber to make a larger opening. Only down side is when taking hot showers condensation builds up inside the sleeve but it was never enough to damage the cast.

This item is a life saver and makes shower time so much less stressful with a completely water tight seal. My son has a full arm cast and this really helped him feel more independent and not worried about getting his cast wet. Highly recommend this product if you are in the unfortunate situation of having a cast.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment