Monday, October 28, 2019

Gillette Venus Snap Cosmo Pink with Extra Smooth Women's On-the-Go Razor - 1 handle + 1

Gillette Venus Snap Cosmo Pink with Extra Smooth Women's On-the-Go Razor - 1 handle + 1 Refill

Gillette Venus Snap Cosmo Pink with Extra Smooth Women's On-the-Go Razor  - 1 handle + 1 Refill

As a double edged lady shaver, cartridges generally make me frown. Sadly, I cannot take my precious razors on flights (I tend to carry on most of the time) and began looking for a compact cartridge for those situations.

For slipping into my toiletries while flying, this does the trick. It's a basic cartridge razor with a hard plastic case. The case looks big at first, but it's rather slim and takes up about as much room as a bar of soap in your bag. I had no problems taking it as a carry on item, and no issues with TSA security on two flights so far. I did not find the compact handle difficult to use and had entirely forgotten how quick shaves could be with a cartridge when I can zoom over my body quickly. It works fine with my frou frou shaving creams though it did seem get some minor blade clogging with the thicker creams like (Geo F. Trumper Coconut Cream).

This takes other Venus heads as replacements for when the razor dulls. I will keep a small pack of replacements in my closet for when I do bring this item with me.

But, like all cartridges, multiple passes are needed, I get wicked irritation (sensitive skin), and the blade dulls very quickly. However, for most people this item would be a 5 star, easily. For special snowflake, delicate skinned pains in the a$$ like me, this is not ideal but it IS perfect for travel. Especially on shorter trips so my skin doesn't take a huge beating.

Also, Venus, come on, why so much pink?

Ultimately, I would recommend this even if it's not quite your shaving cup of tea. It's compact size and ease is no joke.

I was going to do a video, but the videos already provided are pretty good except it is longer than 2.5 inches. There are a few more details consumers may find helpful.

The measurements are: nearly 3 inches long with the blade. The handle is just over 2.5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide on it's own. The razor blade is 2 inches wide and almost 3/4 of an inch tall.

The rubber is not on the handle, it goes through the handle so it has some give for nice comfort and a good grip.

The container or keeper is 3.75 inches long, almost 3 inches wide and has a height of just under 1.5 inches. It has a snug close, that "clicks/snaps" shut so you know it is closed. Easy enough to open.

It should be noted that the holes or perforations are actually only on the bottom of the case. I think one of the illustrations shows it on both top and bottom, but it isn't on mine.

I have decided to order 4 more so my daughter can put them in her birthday grab bags. Great for the gym bag, or travelling.

You cannot fit a second blade cartridge in the case. I may be able to if I removed it from the package, but I do not want it wet or opened until I need it. Hope this helped.

I love mini things and that's what initially attracted me to this razor. I figured it would be great for traveling too. It's adorable but not impractical at all. I use it as my regular shower razor. The short handle is actually more stable for shaving bc you hold it closer to the blades, which makes it easier to control. The wide handle also feels more secure. The blades cut really well, and the bkue stuff all around them is great for lubricating the area being shaved. All around perfect little razor!

I bought these for a cruise last year. Cruise ship bathrooms are notoriously tiny, in the shower especially. Having the very short, comfortable handle made it extremely easy to shavein very tight quarters. The 5 blades made for a very close and smooth shave on my legs. All the better for island hopping! Seriously, I can honestly say that these are the best razors to do the job beautifully and comfortably, that I've purchased in many many years... Added bonus: ANY Venus razor can be mixed and/or matched with ANY Venus handle. So Experiment. Get your own Awesome combo... I've reordered 3 times and counting!

Bought this for my wife and she like it. She uses it for her legs when she shaves in the shower which she does twice a week. I've used it on her as well and it does the job. It is nice to hold, it looks good and it's nice and small for traveling. Only concern I have is that it gets rusty very fast if kept in the shower so we now make sure we dry it after each use. I just checked and this one is showing light signs of rust. Not sure if that was on the description, either way I dropped one star and would have dropped two but other facts as described above made up for it.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • 5 blades for an ultra-close shave and long-lasting smoothness
  • Protective Ribbon of Moisture gives you a smooth glide
  • Portable compact that fits conveniently in your purse, suitcase or gym bag
  • Refill with Venus Embrace blades to get virtually every hair
  • Colorful and compact

Description

Experience instant smoothness on-the-go with our Venus Snap with Embrace Razor. With 5 curve-hugging blades, a mini-handle, and a portable compact you’ll be ready for anything, anytime, anywhere.



I have used so many razors that I cannot even remember their names. I have never been satisfied until now. My sister bought one and I bought two. I have one in my car and one in my backpack. I use it to keep the hairs on my face under control. I love the case, the razor works great and it's the perfect size. My face is very sensitive but this razor is smooth and feels great. This will be the only razor I will use going forward. ( No I was not paid I just really like this Gillette)

Maybe I'm a bit crazy, but while I love hiking and backpacking, when I have a long thru-hike, the one thing I can't manage without is shaving my legs. It is probably all mental but that makes me feel a tad bit cleaner in a case where I am days without a shower and living on small stream baths. I love this little thing. Very light, easy and comfortable to use, and lasted me weeks out on the trail. The Venus replacement razor heads also work with this which is nice because I can just update that without having to buy a new base before my next trip. Very happy with this, ended up being worth the weight and size since it was both small and light.

I do not usually write reviews, but I had to write one this time based on the description on this product. It reads "with one blade refill" which for some reason I took to mean one blade on the razor and one refill for later. While I know I should have known better, I was disappointed that there is only one blade in the package. It is a blade that can be easily switched out for new Venus blades, so there is no reason to buy more of this handle unless you break it, break the case, or lose it. Also, not too important, but I got a pink case instead of the blue case that some pictures show. I haven't used the razor yet (I will next week), but the design is nice and will be easy to hold and is super lightweight. The size of the case does not save space in my bathroom travel bag, but it's worth the tradeoff for the weight of full-sized razors.

I got this for a vacation and it was great! The little carrying container is awesome, and keeps you from having a weird, loose razor floating around in your suitcase. Plus the heads are the same as the regular sized razor, so you can keep using it when that one is worn out!

Such a good buy. I travel about once a month & consider this one of my travel necessities. It is so nice to have a travel razor that uses the same blades as my normal razor. The little case is perfect to keeping it covered & sanitary (it has holes it in to keep moisture out).

Only wish I would have bought sooner!

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment