Wednesday, October 16, 2019

MedSpec DynaTrack Plus Patella Stabilizer

MedSpec DynaTrack Plus Patella Stabilizer (Medium)

MedSpec DynaTrack Plus Patella Stabilizer (Medium)

I have purchased four of these braces over the past 20 months. I am not a doctor, so please see an orthopedist if you have knee pain. My doctor informed me that my inflamed and painful knee condition was due to patella femoral syndrome. I play a lot of tennis, and the pain was to the point where it was impossible to squat down. This brace (much less expensive from Amazon than from the Drs office), worn regularly when I played tennis, relieved the pain and swelling to virtual non-existence. I was even able to squat down in a catcher's position to practice pitching with my son, something I never believed I could do. This is a high quality brace, with hinged plastic stays on either side of the knee, a c-shaped firm pad that is held against the knee cap to keep it in alignment, and velcro that allows infinite adjustment. It goes on by wrapping around the leg, so you can already have your shoes on before you apply it. I play hours of tennis with it, and it is very comfortable and does not inhibit mobility. I have two in rotation, so one is always available when the other is being washed. The first pair I had lasted about 18+ months of heavy use. The neoprene-like straps that make the final wrap started to stretch and fray. The new replacements seem to be firmer in this regard, but perhaps this is because they are not yet used and therefore not yet stretched. This is an excellent brace that is worth every penny. It literally saved my knee!

Well! l've been playing hard court tennis for almost 50 years and that, along with my cute bow-legs, has led to patellofemoral malalignment syndrome, chondromalacia patella, crepitus, and arthritis which equal pain! I've been taping my knees EVERYDAY using the McConnell method to help alleviate any pain and swelling. EVERYDAY, unless I plan to stay indoors all day. The taping helps immensely with the pain and swelling. But one problem with that is that when I play and sweat the Leukotape tape comes off. I have a bag full of braces. Mueller, McDavid, Antibodywear, Donjoy. And a bag full of shoe orthotics. I recently bought the DonJoy Tru-Pull and returned it. I could not get it to move my patella at all. Then I bought the Dyna Track Plus. First time on I could see the possibilities, but I put it in the brace bag while I continued the taping. Last night I played a match on the clay. I wore the Dyna Track all day and throughout the match. The brace twisted out of place once, but other than that the pain was minimal. After the match, I was a little rickety and spent about 20 minutes icing both knees. This morning I put on (have on) the Dyna Track Plus and my left knee does not hurt. Not one bit. My "good knee" ( the right one) is achy. She deserves the Dyna Track Plus and so I have ordered one for her!!!

The medspec brace is great to stabilize the kneecap. I am weak in my quadriceps muscle and have a lot of crunchy breakdown under my kneecap. The brace helps support the kneecap so that I can continue hiking and running without the pain that I have without the brace. It is easy to put on and readjust. I like that it is open in the back so that I can get extreme knee bend. I usually have to readjust the brace once I get warmed up. I don't find that it slides down my leg during my activities. It's well worth the money.

Finally. found a brace that I feel support with my unstable kneecap. It wasn't too expensive at all, but it was over twice as expensive as the ones I was buying. Totally worth it. This was my 5th brace that I had purchased in a year. I was going by the higher reviews, and lower price. This was recommended to me, and it has totally been what I needed.

This is exactly the same brace that my orthopedic doctor ordered for me for my tilted kneecap but 1/3 of the price of what the doctor charges for it. It's not a miracle but it helps.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • coolflex
  • Internal buttress: can be positioned to apply either lateral or medial pressure on patella
  • Universal sizing: fits left or right knee
  • Large popliteal opening: permits high degree of flexion with no discomfort

Description

DynaTrack Plus Patella Stabilizer Knee Brace The DynaTrack Plus Patella Stabilizer Knee Brace is one of the most popular knee supports specifically designed for patellafemoral dysfunction.Great choice to aid in patella tracking without the bulk of typical lateral stabilization braces.Tension on the straps can be changed by adjusting the straps leading from the internal buttress and the tension on the outer Skinlock material wrap Internal buttress: can be positioned to apply either lateral or medial pressure on patella. Large popliteal opening: permits high degree of flexion with no discomfort. Universal sizing: fits left or right knee. Easily adjusted to desired amount of pressure:. New Coolflex material. Thermoplastic Hinges for additional medial and lateral stability. US manufacturing: higher quality control standards. Available in 6 sizes. Indications DynaTrack Plus Patella Stabilizer Knee Brace is ideal for supporting lateral patellar subluxation, dislocations or lateral patellofemoral mal-alignment. Goals Provides compression. Stabilizes kneecap. Decrease anti-inflammatory medications. Decrease pain symptoms. Improve joint function. Improve quality of life.



This is the brace my doctor gave me. It works really well, and was less than half the price on amazon at $60! Highly recommended.

I ordered this for my daughter who has patellar tracking issues. Her knee measured 14" so we ordered a medium and it fits very well. She has noticed less pain going up stairs when she wears the brace and says it is comfortable to wear. My daughter is very happy with this brace.

I got this for my daughter and she likes it okay. The only complaint she has is that after wearing it a while it no longer fits as snug and doesn't seem to offer the same stability as when she first wore it.

Exactly what my PT recommended, works as promised. Easy to secure and adjust, very pleased!

Exact brace the doctor had, but $200 cheaper

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment