
Since I live in the Gulf Coast region, mosquitoes and fire ants are an ever present concern. I am always looking for both repellent and bite relief products.
This Cutter Bite MD stick has 5% Benzocaine, 3% Camphor and 1.35% Phenol. For me, this combination is not quite as effective as the StingEze Max2 formula of 10% Benzocaine and 1.35% Phenol, though the difference is minimal.
I find that I need to use either stick immediately after a bite to get any relief at all and I always need to repeat the application. Both products recommend applying again in 10 to 15 minutes for a maximum of 3 times in a day but I tend to exceed that.
This Cutter product does provide some short term relief but it is not effective against the continued itchiness of my mosquito bites. However, it does help reduce the swelling if applied quickly enough.
If you've ever had a chigger bite, you already know they're millions of times worse than mosquito bites (only a slight exaggeration, in my opinion!) As an avid gardner, I've had more than my share of bites from these nasty arachnids (it's the babies who do the biting), and it never ceases to amaze me how a creature less than .3 millimeters long can use its jaw-like claws to make a tiny hole in your skin, liquify your surrounding cells into their favorite meal, and drive you absolutely insane with the resulting itching (not to mention the large swollen, red lump that appears, where you can see its entry point in the middle!) I'd come across BiteMD at our little neighborhood grocery when I'd almost been eaten alive by these tiny monsters a few years ago, and I can't recommend it highly enough. Not only does it work, it works FAST to stop the itching that comes from bites by chiggers, mosquitoes, ticks, ants (including fire ants), sand fleas, horseflies and deerflies, as well as the pain stemming from stings by bees, wasps and hornets.
The active ingredients - benzocaine 5% (analgesic, anesthetic, antipruritic), camphor 3% (topical analgesic) and phenol 1.35% (first aid antiseptic to halt infection) have worked like an absolute charm for my husband and I, and this handy stick with its sponge applicator accompanies us on all of our Friday night "dates" on the back porch of our wooded back yard, to immediately take care of any of those ol' skeeters that make it past the Deet! Also, even though I'm well aware of the old "leaves of 3, let it be" saying, I'd accidentally come in contact with some poison ivy poking through our privacy fence last year, was out of calamine and thought I'd give this a try. Even though the package doesn't list poison ivy or poison oak as a usage for BiteMD, it worked (and was a lot less messy than calamine.)
In our home, this is one of those "Top 10 Must Have Products", so I was shocked to find out our Kroger no longer carried it - couldn't find it at the local drug store either, so knowing the extra yard work I had ahead of me this late summer/early fall, was super happy to find it on Amazon. Only thing I worried about ordering it online was the expiration date... the stick I got is good until 5/18, so it's only good for @ 8 months after the date I received it (but between the two of us, we'll use it up by then.) I'm betting if you try it, you'll never want to be without it.
I picked up this product for my trip to Costa Rica. We knew that there would be mosquitoes, obviously, because it's half rainforest. We of course brought along bug spray with DEET as well, but packed this in the first aid kit for the times it didn't work or we forgot to reapply. One of my friends got "stung" by a caterpillar on her finger and we put this on there as well. She stated that she had an appropriate amount of relief with this stuff on it.
This is definitely something I would purchase again, and without a doubt, will continue to pack in my first aid kit on camping and hiking trips.
The product works very very well. I brought it camping since Mosquitos go straight to me even if I use a gallon of deet filled spray. This got rid of the itch immediately.
The only thing j didn't like was the packaging. Although it's convenient, when its pressed on the skin too much product comes out and drips. If I had camped for more than 2 days i would have used the whole thing and 75% of it would have been wasted from it dripping.
Despite this, I will still probably purchase again unless a comparable product without the dripping issue comes available. It is convenient, affordable and it works.
If you're like me and get bit ALL THE TIME then this a must have item in your pocket or purse. This works wonderfully well to stop the itching of a mosquito bite. I've used it all over my body without issue and it works every time. I will say that my friend tried it on a bee/wasp sting site and it did not work, but i'm more concerned with mosquito bites and would 100% recommend BiteMD for those.

Feature Product
- FAST RELIEF: Begins to work immediately when applied soon after an insect bite.
- STOPS PAIN, RELIEVES ITCHING: Works on bites and stings from chiggers, wasps, mosquitoes, ticks and other listed insects.
- REDUCES INFECTION: First aid antiseptic reduces the chance of infection.
- CONVENIENT STICK: The stick applicator easily fits in a pocket - handy for hiking and traveling.
- SOFT TIP: Pen applicator features a soft tip for controlled application.
- 3-in-1 formula stops pain, relieves itching, reduces infection
- Fast, effective and complete bite relief from mosquitoes, wasps chiggers and ticks
- Dispenser provides precise application without the mess
Description
In summertime, life outside is just better. Cutter insect repellents keep your family covered through all of the outdoor fun – so you can soak up some sun without swatting biting bugs. With a range of formulations to choose from, it’s easy to pick the right Cutter product for any outdoor activity, whether you’re lounging at the beach, cheering on your favorite soccer player or just enjoying the backyard. Makes you invisible to bugs. Cutter BiteMD Insect Bite Relief Stick s an external analgesic and first aid antiseptic pen that provides fast and effective relief from insect bites and stings. When applied soon after an insect bite, this product begins to work immediately to counteract the effects of bites and stings from bees, wasps, mosquitoes, ticks, hornets, ants, fire ants, deerflies, chiggers, sand fleas and horseflies. Use as first aid for temporary relief from pain, itching and infection related to insect bites. The Cutter BiteMD Insect Bite Relief Stick applicator features a soft tip for controlled application. Cutter insect repellents have been helping families have fun together outdoors for more than 50 years. Goodbye mosquitoes. Hello, summer!
I seem to be a mosquito magnet and this year they seem to itch more than ever! I bought this in an attempt to control some of that itching. And Yes, it mostly works! The application is easy, reminds me of the way we used to polish shoe's, LOL! Even my 6 ur old grandson was able to easily use this product. The other thing I appreciated is that it doesn't smell horrible. I tried it on multiple insect bites and there were a few that needed more than one application of this stuff to stop itching. It also takes a bit longer to dry than I would have liked.
We just moved to the country and are having to fight with lots of new insects who don't seem to be excited about our move. When my wife purchased this I was skeptical that it would actually work, but it provides amazing instant relief from bites! I plan to buy a bunch more of these and leave them near all the doors to the house. It works perfectly!
Needed this because I broke out in hives after moving to Texas. Apparently, I am allergic to gnats. And of course, there are a gazillion gnats in Austin. I keep this in my purse and use it at home, work, and at restaurants as an on-the-go spot treatment. It soothes and relieves itching and redness for a while after it dries. I hope Amazon never stops selling it.
Instant relief when I used this on my bug bites. I had crazy bites from the bugs in Fiji. The only thing was it leaves an oily residue that gets on your clothes. But it was a nice relief when applied. You just push down and roll on.
This works so much better for me than cortisone, calamine, or anything else I've tried. I have much more sensitivity to bites than others, and this is honestly the only thing that doesn't leave me miserable from mosquito bites. Does not work for other things as well, but this is the only thing I use for mosquito bites. It travels really well, too.







0 comments:
Post a Comment