Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Chattanooga Theratherm Automatic Moist Heat Pack -

Chattanooga Theratherm Automatic Moist Heat Pack - Standard

Chattanooga Theratherm Automatic Moist Heat Pack - Standard

I would give more stars if I could! Purchased this heating pad 7 years & 1 month ago and it has received very heavy usage. I chose this specific item because of the size - I have a chronic inflammatory condition causing pain in the axial skeleton (spine and pelvic joints, tendons/ligaments, muscles) and this is big enough to cover my especially problematic areas in my upper back (between the shoulder blades) and posterior pelvis (lower than "low back"). I have been using it for 1-3 hours, 3-5 times per week, year round, since I got it. It has performed like a champ! I never used the fancier programmable functions but really appreciated the wide range of temperatures I could select, instead of just "hi" or "lo". Delivers a far more satisfying heat therapy than the typical drugstore heating pads without ceramic cells.

Alas, my pad came to an abrupt end yesterday - I guess you could say it died in its sleep. But it lived a long, productive life with reliable service right up to the end, and provided exceptional value for the $56 I paid for it, especially considering it's even made here in the US! I've already ordered another to replace it - no need for comparison shopping - and can't wait for it to get here!

If you need a *serious* heating pad, this is the one! Digital timer (sorry, don't know how high it goes, we've only set for 1 hour at the most.) Also digital setting for heat. From 75f to 120f (may be higher but again, as high as we needed.). Also instead of a flat cloth pad, it has some sort of small "rollers"that feel better when laying on it. The long cord is a nice feature as well.

We got it for some serious back pain my wife was experiencing. Only thing that helped her. Still ended up in the hospital (a long story) and the pad we had a home was actually better than the ones the hospital used. (Note she's okay now. Turns out she had a "very very deep" ulcer that was pushing against her pancreas, causing severe undifferentiated pain throughout her back and chest.)

********* (deserves extra stars).

 Moist heat and overall well made. Recommend increasing the time limit on the heating pad to two hours and add a backlight to the control panel on the controller

Have bought many heating pad trying to find one that actually gets hot enough for me. I grew up using my mom's very old Sunbeam one that will burn your flesh if you let it... Although I know that is a safety risk in the days of lawsuits and conservative product safety, but going from that to the new Sunbeams, a PureRelief and all the other heating pads I have tried only to be disappointed in I thought I would never find one that got more than "warm." I order this along with 2 other heating pads in one order after reading tons of reviews and information. This one was the keeper... I hated to spend $50 on a heating pad but no joking I've probably tried and returned 7-10 heating pads in the last year or so just trying to find one that is hot enough to offer me relief.

Ok ok, $60+ for a heating pad seems insane. I know, I thought the same thing. I was skeptical that it would equal a hydrocollator (that big metal machine at a physical therapy place with giant moist weighted heating pads they put on you). So I got this literally today and was ready to be skeptical about it but was happily proven wrong.

I've been to physical therapy now ten times with seven surgeries. Six back and one shoulder. I have titanium rods from T3-L5. 15 fused levels. Lots of pain and very large need for a heating pad.

Anyone who says this isn't hot enough must be kidding. I can't stand 166 Fahrenheit or 75 in Celsius degrees on my skin and I would doubt anyone can unless you have ten layers of clothing on. 145-150 felt about right.

You shouldn't sleep on a heating pad all night. This is made to be used as you would have at physical therapy. The maximum time on it is an hour. So if you plan on sleeping on it, it will slowly get cold. But after a half hour the benefits are minimal to your actual muscles. It becomes more a comfort issue to just lie on something warm. Remember this isn't a blanket or bed warmer. It's meant to loosen muscles and then turn off. I don't know of a heating pad that actually stays on the hot setting for hours on end unless it's a blanket.

It's huge, I mean this is way bigger than my cheap walgreens heating pad. I just got the standard size and I am 6'2" and it goes from my neck to the base of my spine.

It gets up to temperature in about ten seconds. Much faster than any heating pad I ever used before.

Ok so my only complaint and it's not a very good one, would be that you don't get the weight on you and can't really lay on your stomach and sit it on your back. It's heavy but not like the hydrocollator pads. But if they made it that heavy people would complain it weighed too much.

So to summarize the heating pad does everything a hydrocollator does. This is a great product and it really makes a difference to my 15 level fused spine and I recommend it for anyone who gets a lot of tightness in their spine.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Delivers intense, moist heat therapy which provides temporary relief from pain associated with arthritis, muscle spasm and inflammation caused by strain and tension
  • Intended for use on the back, shoulder, wrist, stomach, knee or foot; A lockout mode protects against inconsistent changing of settings throughout treatment
  • Includes a flannel covering which draws moisture from the air and as the heating pad temperature rises, the moisture is released onto the skin
  • Features an easy-to-use digital hand control that allows you to program and monitor the temperature and treatment time
  • Control the temperature between 88 and 166 degrees Fahrenheit (31 and 74 degrees Celsius) and select the duration between 1 and 60 minutes

Description

The Chattanooga Theratherm Digital Moist Heating Pad delivers intense, moist heat therapy which provides temporary relief from pain associated with arthritis, muscle spasm and inflammation caused by strain and tension; intended for use on the back, shoulder, wrist, stomach, knee or foot. Included is a flannel covering which draws moisture from the air and as the heating pad temperature rises, the moisture is released onto the skin. It features an easy-to-use digital hand control that allows you to program and monitor the temperature and treatment time. Control the temperature between 88 and 166 degrees Fahrenheit (31 and 74 degrees Celsius) and select the duration between 1 and 60 minutes. A lockout mode protects against inconsistent changing of the control settings throughout treatment. UL and cUL classified.



This heating pad is amazing. It's quite expensive but in my opinion worth it. I had gone through cheaper pads before but some had either died on me or didn't get hot enough. This one has stood the test of time.

I had surgery on my spine to remove a disc in early 2009 and I live with constant back pain, but compared to what it was pre-surgery it's nothing so I don't really complain. Some days I wake up and I'm fine, others I wake up and can barely move, walking like a hunchback. On the latter days I turn on the heating pad which sits on my large leather chair and after a few minutes it reaches its set temperature of 150°F. Within about ten to fifteen minutes the pain in my lower back subsides.

When I first received the item I used it at the maximum temperature which is 167°F and although it's only a difference of 17°F it was so powerful it scorched my back so I had to lower it. This thing is a beast. You can set the timer anywhere between 1 and 60 minutes after which point it will auto turn off. At first it bothered me but now I think it's a blessing. Turning it back on is no huge issue and this really shouldn't be used hour after hour anyway. Plus if you get up and walk away you don't have to worry about burning down the house.

If it gets too hot (177°F or so I think?) the device will beep several times and shut off - again, a fantastic precaution against burning down your home. Plus when you turn it on again it remembers the last settings you had, both for the time and temperature. All I do is hit the green button to turn it on and off. However, if there is a power failure you will need to set the time and temperature again but this isn't a big issue.

I purchased this item in July of 2014 and it's still going strong. I have had no issues with it. I'm very cheap but I'm so glad I purchased this expensive heating pad. Highly, highly recommended.

Edit: In August of 2015 the unit would not power on most of the time and if it did it didn't warm up at all. I tried for weeks to get it to work but it was no go. I contacted TheraTherm's customer support and they were fantastic. My product was diagnosed as being faulty so they sent me a shipping label, I sent it back to them and they sent me a brand new one. In fact the new one arrived a while before I was able to ship my faulty one back to them.

It was amazing to finally deal with a company who stands behind their products and honors their warranties. In fact the warranty was for one year and it was a month past that but they still gave me a brand new one. I would definitely buy from this company again and I'd also recommend it to anyone (and believe me I have).

I have chronic neck and upper back pain that can be excruciating much of the time. I have gone through a number of other heating pads and worn them out, but none of them ever got as hot as I needed them to in order to truly relieve my pain. I did a lot of research on heating pads before purchasing this product. I’m thrilled I did! It has multiple controls, including exact temperature. The hottest it goes is actually too hot for me. I keep it at 130 degrees and that is perfect and relaxes and relieves all pain in my neck and back. I use this heating pad all throughout the day and no problems so far after about a month of darn near continuous use. My only wish is that its digital timer went longer than 60 minutes at a time. Great safety feature that it has an auto-shutoff, though. It’s just annoying to have to start the heating pad up again after 60 minutes. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a quality heating pad where you can, literally, adjust the temperature setting degree by degree to find your perfect therapeutic heat setting. I don’t know how I managed without this heating pad for as long as I did! My neck and back thank Chattanooga Theratherm Heating Pad.

I love that this heating pad has digital controls, which lets me select the exact temperature I want down to a specific degree. You can switch between Fahrenheit & Celsius and it also has a timer so you don't accidently walk off & leave it on. I bought my first one years & years ago & gave it away to my son who still uses it daily and it's still working fine, though as expected, looks a little dirty. You can wash the cover too. I finely bought another one for myself and which I hadn't gone so long without buying it again. I've never had any problems with either one of them.

I have 5 tumors in my spine, 2 cracked joints, bad disc & lot more medical problems. Have to use a heating pad for relief, but most will not hold up to heavy use. So far, this has been a great pad. Would recommend this heating pad for anyone that has a condition that requires heat. Like the settings so you can control the amount of heat along with the amount of time the heat stays on. Added note: on problem with this type heating pad is that they only last up to 18 months. Had to replace mine 1 week past the one year warranty. did replace with the same pad.

We have been looking for a replacement for our ancient super-hot-probably-dangerous heating pad that we absolutely loved but finally gave out on us. We ordered a few that didn't make the cut before we found this one. And dare I say, we like this one even better than our old one. It gets up to 167 degrees pretty quickly (within 4-5 minutes), but the temp can be lowered if you don't like it too hot. We also like that it's kind of weighted so it stays where you put it without having to hold on to it or lay on top of it (which, yes, we know you're not supposed to do, but oh well.) The timer feature is awesome because we know it'll turn itself off after an hour (or less, depending on your settings) just in case we forget. The only thing I'd change about it is that the control doesn't light up, so if you're laying in bed with it in the dark, you can't see what you're setting it on without a flashlight/phone light or something. But hey, I can live with that for such an awesome heating pad.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment