Sunday, April 28, 2019

Female

Female Urinal

Female Urinal

First experience using one of these was waking up from an emergency surgery from a septic infection in my knee replacement. Had to use it from the hospital bed with nurse's assistance the first day, but after was able to use it myself during the time I was still unable to get up out of bed. It was a total lifesaver!
As I said, my introduction to this was after the second surgery on my knee within 10 days and at a different hospital from the first. After the first surgery I had been having repeated trouble making it to the bathroom because I seemed to have less control after being catheterized for the first surgery not to mention I just couldn't move very quickly getting up or on crutches and had several accidents which was upsetting. The first hospital had nothing like this to offer or even suggest.
The second hospital sent this home with me and it saved me repeatedly from any further accidents when I could use this at the edge of the bed when I woke up having to go urgently. This is exactly the same unit/brand the hospital sent home with me, although I am betting my insurance paid a heck of a lot more for it than I paid on Amazon. I am still non-weight bearing for the last 8 weeks and at least another 5weeks before I get a new knee replacement which will only be the beginning of rehab due to the atrophy. I purchased a couple more of these for the car, front room and will have one in the camper when I am recovered. Had to learn to position it correctly and not tip it too far, but that was easy to figure out. The curved in edge at the top helps prevent spills and it has a very decent 1qt capacity. I haven't had any issue emptying it then rinsing with a spray of disinfectant and water so it's ready for the next use.
Tried a different style with a larger reservoir that attached via a hose to the male urinal that included a "female adapter", but that adapter came loose repeatedly which completely defeated the purpose of using a portable urinal in the first place.
This is a great single piece option and most people won't exceed the capacity. It isn't very expensive and it is a great alternative when mobility is an issue, but will also be nice to have available when traveling or camping in the future. I didn't have a clue how much I would appreciate something like this until I needed it. I highly recommend!

PROS: Actually works while laying down, unlike others; although it does take a bit of effort. Saves a patient from having to roll for a bedpan. Can't believe many hospitals & nursing facilities don't keep these in stock for women. Has a smooth lip at the edge to keep the product from "cutting" into you when pressing it against the body.

CONS: Wish it held more volume. Safest used when the patient has someone to make sure it is not going to overflow, which is a pretty big flaw. Sometimes the patient has to stop urine flow to have it emptied.

TIPS: Hold it against the body very tightly and try to keep the other end (receptacle end) pointed down as much as possible, while still retaining contact with the body.

Have purchased from the following sellers on Amazon (& found the quality to be authentic & consistent): VetmedUSA & Care Express Products

The female urinal naturally is designed for the female anatomy. This urinal prevents leaks if properly placed but does not work if the person is laying down as the design does not allow for it. I purchased it so the female if laying down could use this rather than a bedpan. It did not work. The person must be standing or seated on the edge of the chair, etc. so the waste will flow unrestricted into the container. I must admit the male urinal is designed much better as that can be used standing, sitting, or laying down without problems but again, that is the anatomy.

I am very happy that I really don't have to run down the hall in the middle of the night , always 3-3:30 a.m,. I do wish it had a lid of some kind and also seal off the handle. That would make this portable potty with perfection! I was amazed to see that I managed to fill the handle section and that gets a little catchy in leaking out, especially in the middle of the night. It is molded in a very comfortable shape with smooth edges, Now my husband wants one because his are those horrible brittle plastic kind. Oh well when you get older you look for the finer things in Life! Thank You

I injured my back and wasn't able to raise and lower myself for several weeks, without assistance. This urinal enabled me to urinate in the middle of the night, and if I was alone during the day. Unlike another brand I purchased at Walgreens, this urinal has a rounded opening, which doesn't scratch, and is comfortable to use. Plus, a medical tech referred to the female urinal as a Diva Cup! Sounds good to me.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Made of shatter-resistant, lightweight, molded plastic that offers great durability and prevents leakage. Size: 11.5 x 4 inches. 1 quart capacity.
  • Ergonomic design. Perfect for those long car trips. Cleans easily.

Description

Portable Female Urinal Bottle with Contoured Handle Keep handy at bedside to alleviate middle of the night bathroom trips. It's a great product for homebound patients that can't make the long trip to the bathroom. It's light and portable a great product for day hikes, can be used on long car rides. The ergonomic, contoured handle gives you maximum control over the urinal. It is Easy-to-Use and Extremely Versatile. Features Handy, portable female urinal is great for keeping at your bedside or taking on long car trips Great for homebound patients or for taking urine samples to the doctor Ergonomic, contoured handle provides maximum control and makes urinal easy to use for kids and adults Shatter-resistant, lightweight, molded plastic offers great durability and prevents leakage Cleans easily with standard household cleaners. Size: 11 ½ x 4 inches 1 quart capacity



This female urinal is perfec the handle makes it so easy to use also won't tip over.Its made of heavy plastic it doesn't have a plastic odor easy to clean I highly recommend this item

This product was extremely useful after I had surgery. I had to wear a garment 24 hours a day with an opening on the bottom. This product made it easier to go to the bathroom without making a mess or having to undress fully out of a full body garment. The material is sturdy, easy to wash and the opening is smooth-fits comfortably to use.

Love this product ! It’s a life saver if you are having a surgery (or have an injury ) that will restrict your ability to traditionally use the bathroom to urinate. portable In a medium size tote/purse

Well you can use this for what it is intended but my sister and I put two together to hold flowers for an outrageous flower arrangement and no one even remarked on what they were!

In a serious car crash and I am bed ridden for awhile. This helps a lot. The hollow handle is weird because it gets urine in it but otherwise I would suggest it.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment