Wednesday, November 27, 2019

MALOUF Z Travel Size Memory Foam Molded Contour Neck Pillow-Luxurious Rayon from Bamboo Velour Washable

MALOUF Z Travel Size Memory Foam Molded Contour Neck Pillow-Luxurious Rayon from Bamboo Velour Washable Cover

MALOUF Z Travel Size Memory Foam Molded Contour Neck Pillow-Luxurious Rayon from Bamboo Velour Washable Cover

In trying to find a pillow like my old Temperpedic travel pillow from Brookstone (which apparently is no longer available), I purchased this Malouf pillow, as well as Traveler FIRM Memory Foam Contour Travel Pillow for Cervical, Neck and Bed Comfort, by Dreamsweet and Sleep Innovations Contour Travel Pillow. I kept only the Malouf pillow.

The Malouf pillow is a little softer/less dense and lighter-weight than my old Temperpedic, but the same size. The product dimension sizes currently listed on Amazon are incorrect: the pillow is 10" wide (side to side when using it), 12" deep, and the higher hump is 3.5" high. It compacted well for travel and was great on a long road trip. I love it!

The FIRM Memory Foam Contour pillow was painfully firm for me, and the larger hump was about 4" high. The Sleep Innovations travel pillow was comfortable as far as density, but I found the height uncomfortable (5") and the 15" depth totally unnecessary. It would be good for those who need a larger travel pillow. All 4 pillows (including old Temperpedic) are about 10" wide.

I still have an old style Tempurpedic travel pillow and spent several days comparing them.
Same size which I like. But all the travel pillow now are exactly the same dimensions. This one, however is a little softer. Good because the Tempurpedic sometimes hurt my ears (I am a side sleeper). It is actually more comfortable for me. Granted by old one is actually old and maybe has changed through time.
I am not certain I undersell the cover is velour rather than a cotton pillow protector but I put this inside a travel pillow case and it is very very comfortable.
It does not, however, come with a packing case. Perhaps they think you will use the plastic box it came in but instead I ordered a travel pouch from Dreamsweet which fits perfectly. Although the pouch may be a tiny bit bigger than my old Travelsmith pouch, the pillow is a slightly softer foam and I think it will squish smaller in my suitcase than the Tempurpedic one did.
If you are or were comparing to the old Tempurpedic travel pillow I think you will be happy with this one.
I travel constantly and expected to use it 365 days a year.

So far so good. Tried it out, and it seems to fit my head and neck well. I need neck support, and can't use regular hotel pillows. Looks well made, nice cover, good packaging, and a nice storage bag. Timely delivery. Looks small enough to fold up in my luggage. I had a small memory foam travel pillow, but left it at the hotel, and they never found it. It actually was not really a neck support type, so I think this one will be better.

When they say it feels like dough, they mean it. It's very soft and squishy. Like many other reviewers I ended up using it on top of the hotel pillow for a little extra depth. Used that way was it was pretty good, but I think I prefer a firmer support foam. That is just a preference thing though. If you like billowy-soft foam, this would be perfect for you.

I did like how lightweight it was for travel purposes. The craftsmanship was good, and it held up well though a one week trip. I kept the zipper case it came in and tossed it back into the suitcase for my next trip. So I guess I still would prefer having it to having just a hotel pillow, but my preference would be for a firmer one. That is not a flaw with the item though, so it still merits 4 stars.

I bought this on vacation because I left my usual one at home and cannot usually sleep well with regular pillows. I LOVE IT! It is wonderfully soft and yet supportive to my neck. It's small, and for those who haven't used a travel pillow this size it does take getting used to, but it's great once you do. It's not high enough to use alone, I put another pillow under it (but I do that with my regular memory foam pillow at home, too). All in all, with two-day PRIME shipping and the price, I am SO glad I bought this!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Convenient compression cover makes pillow easy to pack.
  • Super-soft rayon from bamboo velour cover is removable and washable.
  • Helps relieve neck, back and shoulder pain by reducing pressure points.
  • Ergonomic contour design correctly aligns your spine by supporting the natural curves of your head, neck and shoulders.
  • Travel size pillow measures 16" x 12" x 4"; 3-year U.S. warranty.

Description

Memory foam is renown for its effective qualities of pressure reduction and support. This is a very luxurious version of Tempurpedic's Neck Pillow that retails for $99. The super-soft velour cover made of a rayon from bamboo blend is removable and can be laundered. Unlike other cut memory foam pillows, this is molded and has a soft, doughy feel. The memory foam is naturally dust mite resistant. It sleeps cool and adapts to your body's temperature. Includes: One Travel Size 16" x 12" x 4" Contour Memory Foam Pillow Cover: 75 percent polyester, 25 percent rayon from bamboo Fill: 100 percent polyurethane foam.



This is just exactly like my full sized temperpedic memory foam neck pillow, only half the width. An ideal size for squishing into my suitcase for travel. For the sake of that convenience, I think the side-to-side width while traveling will work just fine. The fuzzy zipper case is functional, although I think I will put a regular pillowcase (folded in half) on it for nighttime sleeping. The carrying case is also very nice for keeping it clean during travel. I'm very glad I bought this one!

Great little travel pillow! We have other, regular-sized pillow by Z, and they have held up for over five years. I believe that this small travel-size pillow is of the same quality and durability. I highly recommend it!

Alright so it's hard to really provide a review for someone to decide if they should get something like this or not because really it depends on the individual user's sleep habits and personal preference.
Be that as it may, I want to state that the quality of the materials used in this pillow seem to be outstanding.
It is soft and the contour of the pillow is excellent for correcting sleeping posture.
This is not as tough as the Tempurpedic travel neck pillow, (of the same shape as this) but it does deliver the same rugged quality.
It is probably around half as firm as Tempurpedic but like I mentioned before, the satisfaction of this product will vary based off the person using it. If you like firmer support or a thicker pillow go with Tempurpedic. If you prefer a milder, more spongey quality, this is for you.
The price tag is more than reasonable and for those of you not trying to pay the hefty price tag of Tempurpedic, this stacked on another pillow will be the closest emulation you'll get to that experience.
The outer cover is removable and is simple to wash.
Unless you're weird like me and know how to go about being gentle and absolutely want to wash the foam pillow itself, just don't. You suffer the chance of destroying it's integrity.
Haha

Anyway it makes a great gift and you can roll it up into a very compact space. Perfect for travel and it beats using a foreign pillow.

I have had the same memory foam orthopedic pillow for over 15 years and I have always said that "home is where my pillow is". I move very frequently and now I have taken up global backpacking as a way of life. I lived 4 months without my pillow and finally had to get a family member to mail it to me. But it's heavy, doesn't fold up well at all and I had to finally leave it behind at my last destination:-(
I recently came back to the states for the holidays and found this portable little piece of heaven on Amazon! A good pillow is worth more than any of my other possesions and makes all the difference in my physical and mental well-being. It's perfect tor backpacking because I can unzip the cover and roll it into itself and tuck it into the cover. It rolls up so tiny, hardly weighs anything and takes up little room. I'm still visiting family and I am already using it on a nightly basis because it feels better than every other pillow in my grandmother's house. The cover is so soft, and it takes shape so quickly after releasing it from my pack. It is perfect!

This has become my every-night pillow. I purchased it for a trip. It is the perfect height for my head. While small, I wake up on this pillow every morning so the size isnt an issue.

It is soft, comfortable and just the right thickness.

I now need to purchase a second one since my wife is stealing mine.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment