Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Carson MiniBrite 3x Power LED Lighted Slide Out Magnifier with Protective Sleeve

Carson MiniBrite 3x Power LED Lighted Slide Out Magnifier with Protective Sleeve (PO-25)

Carson MiniBrite 3x Power LED Lighted Slide Out Magnifier with Protective Sleeve (PO-25)

This is a very handy magnifier. I wish it were a bit wider, so you could see more without moving the thing back and forth.
The big design flaw is the battery cover. It comes off too easily. Drop the magnifier, and the cover falls off and the batteries come out and start rolling around the floor.

We initally purchased this for my mother-in-law whose has macular degeneration and struggles to read menus. Restaurants tend to have lower lighting which makes it difficult for her to read. This lighted magnifier is compact enough for her to keep in her purse and powerful enough to be a huge help to her. It allows her to be able to read the menu and choose her order herself. My husband saw how well it worked for her and purchased one for himself. He is a mechanic that works in a huge facility on equipment with lighting that is not always great. This lighted magnifier is a big help for him as well!

These little self-lighting magnifiers are great! I've got several -- one in my glove compartment (for map reading assists), one in my desk drawer (for that teeny tiny print they use these days), one for my computer bag (comes in really handy when you have to read off the service tag ... ), and one for my purse (these days, they seem to be making the print ever smaller on menus, and the restaurants seem to be conserving ever more on their lighting ... ).

I bought this magnifier upon reading the reviews for the Carson 5x magnifier and realizing that 5x was probably going to be a bit too much for my purposes (reading small print and reading at night).

It turns out to be a great light for reading at night, and it is also good when I do need to magnify small print, lit or unlit. I have already used it countless times for small projects, not just reading.

The slide allows you to magnify without turning on the light if you don't slide it the whole way. The only problem I have had so far with the sliding mechanism is I can sometimes close it too forcefully and knock off the battery cover.

Pros: Good magnification for small print, sliding cover, light

Cons: Battery cover can come loose when closed

What a super idea, so much better than a plain magnifier that gets dirty and scratched. This really puts a light on the situation. Easy to carry in the purse and to keep in different rooms in drawers. What a nice little gift to give someone, also. I don't know why, but it does not take the better AAA batteries but only takes drugstore batteries. The premium ones just don't fit right.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • The Carson MiniBrite Pocket Magnifier is a compact 3x power slide-out magnifier with a protective plastic sleeve
  • The built-in LED light makes it perfect for use in the dark, and its crystal-clear acrylic lens gives you a sharp, distortion-free view
  • The MiniBrite is compact enough to fit in your shirt pocket or purse
  • Uses 3 AAA batteries (not included)
  • Lifetime warranty

Description

The PO-25 MiniBrite Pocket Magnifier from Carson Optical is a compact 3x power slide-out Magnifier with a protective plastic sleeve. The built-in LED light makes it perfect for use in the dark, and its crystal-clear acrylic lens gives you a sharp, distortion-free view.

The MiniBrite Pocket Magnifier is compact enough to fit in your shirt pocket. At Carson, we strive to make sure our customers are 100% satisfied with the quality of our magnifiers.  We are so confident in our magnifiers that we back them with a Lifetime Limited Warranty!  Carson will repair or replace your magnifier if it is found to have manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship. Please contact Carson for additional warranty details.



I have now purchased two of these for my elderly father who is legally blind. His eyes are very bad, to the point where he can't see unless there is bright sun/daylight-level lighting. Buying any flashlight or magnifier for him usually ends in disappointment because of his extreme needs. This magnifier was a home run with him; his only complaint was getting it out of the packaging (join the club). He uses it more than anything else I have bought him (powerful LED headlamps, flashlights, table lamps). I just bought the second one because he can't find the first one which has worked well for over a year. Great product for a reasonable price.
Over 4 years later . . . these still working great. I have purchased 3 in total now and both users love them. My father uses his every day.

I bought five of these. I sent one five times one to my brother-in-law to use with his coin collection. He loves it. I sent the three times one to each of my sisters to carry in their purses. They have both sung its praises. My sister in Colorado told me that she uses it everyday when she does the Jumble in the newspaper. The fine print on the hints is just too small. I kept a three and five for myself. I keep the three times in my purse for reading menus in dark restaurants and ingredients in the grocery store. I am sure I will find a use for the five times one I have left like reading off the serial number on my DVD player the next time I have to call the cable company. I had to practically stand on my head the last time. lol

Works exactly as advertised. The size remains the same whether it's open or closed I keep mine in my overshirt pocket all the time. My big news: I forgot to remove it and it went through the washing machine. As soon as I'd wiped it off, it worked just fine. Note: the washing machine involved is a front-loader.

This set of lighted magnifying glasses is great. Used as stocking stuffers at Christmas even for the younger folks. Who doesn't need a good, small, portable light to read menus in dark restaurants??!! And a little text-size boost can also be a good thing. I don't know yet how long the battery will last, but I'm optimistic. I keep mine in the purse I take to the grocery store and reading the list of ingredients is MUCH easier due to both the magnification and the light. Thanks, Carson, for a good product.

tried 2 of them and have not got the lights to work I will not give them out at Christmas. I will just use without the light. Correction after taking these lights to the grand kids and buying different batteries the lights worked perfectly so they could look at coins and play with their toys as they wished Christmas day. Thank You.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment