Thursday, November 28, 2019

AW ACTIVEWRAP Hand & Wrist Ice Pack Wrap With Reusable Hot & Cold Packs, One Size,

AW ACTIVEWRAP Hand & Wrist Ice Pack Wrap With Reusable Hot & Cold Packs, One Size, Black

AW ACTIVEWRAP Hand & Wrist Ice Pack Wrap With Reusable Hot & Cold Packs, One Size, Black

The wrap works well. After using it a couple days, my wrist is actually feeling better. The only trouble I had, and it's really not a big deal, was that the ice packs slide out of their fabric pouches and take a little work to get back in. It's happened a few times as I try to pull the Velcro pouch off the wrist wrap to put it back in the freezer. Like I said, not a big deal, but when your wrist is messed up, it is a bit of work to get the ice pack back into its sleeve.

Overall, it's good, but for some reason I hate having something between my thumb and fingers... it makes my thumb feel disjointed. So I leave the thumb strap off and now I've been just setting my wrist on the ice packs (with a paper towel in between) because I can't quite seem to get the ice on the right spot when the wrap is fully on my wrist.

I have self diagnosed De Quervaines Syndrome. "Thumb-Wrist Tenditis". I'm a lifter, father of 3 babies/toddlers, and I have to use my wrist/hand at work a lot as well. These are three possible causes and I do all three things regularly. I finally decided I needed to intervene because it wasn't getting better. I'm 5 days into a 2 weeks break to start. I decided to stop lifting, limit my mobility with a thumb stabilizer brace, ice my wrist 3-4 times a day, and run ibuprofen and Tylenol around the clock.
So, onto the brace.
Fit- I wear Large in most everything. This fits me fine. It will work for hands-forearms bigger, and smaller than mine. It has a good range for size.
Quality- This seems to be very high quality material. It's a squishy neoprene. The ice packs feel like they'll last a while, and then you can buy replascements when need be. I'm hoping I never have to replace them.
I like that I can position the ice packs where I need them through use of hook & loop Velcro. Also, if I have an area to concentrate on I suppose I would only need one ice pack and that would allow me to leave the second ice pack (it comes with 2) in the freezer to remain cold incase I need it too.
-Results- It stays cold for a bout 15-20 minutes which is all the more you should ice yourself anyways. It does the job. I gain more mobility in my wrist afterwards which shows me that the swelling inside has decreased. I've gained a good bit of mobility in the past 5 days and have faith that this is necessary to recover from this. I highly recommend spending the $28 on this product because it can be used on either hand-wrist-forearm and I feel it's helping my wrist tendinitis everytime I use it.

This isn't some Batman Go-Go Gadget Spiderman slinky thing. Nuh-uh. This will bring your wrist back from wrist hell. Over-exertion while lifting weights must've pulled a muscle (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). I waited half a year for my wrist to recover. It wasn't recovering. That wasn't good. I like my wrists. Wrists are useful. I wanted my wrist back. After I self-diagnosed tendinitis (not to worry, I'm not prone to bouts of hypochondria) I looked at a few things that could save my wrist. One was duct-taping an ice-filled plastic bag to my hand. That's soooo ghetto (like TOTALLY). The other was this Batman Go-Go Gadgdet Spiderman slinky thing. I opted for "The Glove". A few weeks later my wrist was completely healed! (AMAZING!) No. I'm serious. It was only 3 weeks of freezing my hand into a Popsicle for a few hours a day. And now I have this ultra-cool looking Batman Go-Go Gadget Spiderman slinky thing decorating a shelf in my medicine cabinet.

After looking online and reading the reviews, I chose this hot/cold pad for my wrist. I have tendonitis for 11 weeks now. I woke up one morning while taking Levaquin thinking that I must have slept on my wrist wrong. After 3 weeks, I returned to the doctor and found that I got tendonitis ... probably from taking the antibiotic, Levaquin. I have taken it before without any problems until this time. I didn't know tendonitis was a side effect before taking the product and I never asked. (Someone else I knew who took the antibiotic, Cipro. That person's Achilles tendon went out ... he'll probably be on crutches for the year.) When I went to the doctor, he wanted me to soak my wrist in warm water, as hot as comfortable for me. I tried the bucket of hot water, and I even tried the hot wax for hands. The latter didn't reach my wrist and the wax took over an hour to heat up. Both methods were cumbersome, messy, and restrictive. I needed something that can retain heat over my wrist and still allow me to walk around doing chores or typing on the computer. The first night that I used it after work, the next day my wrist actually felt some relief.

There are 2 gel-like packs with Velcro pouches. You could also Velcro both enclosed gel packs, one on top and one on the bottom to the inside of this wrist wrap. Using both top and bottom gel packs tend to feel like a weight. I just use one of the packs for the top of my wrist where my pain occurs. I microwave the gel pack in warm water for 1 minute 20 seconds, wipe the water off the gel-pack, put the gel back into the Velcro sleeves, then Velcro the enclosed gel pouch to the wrap (1 1/2 minutes was too hot; I had to put a handkerchief between the gel-pack and my hand. The unit does stay warm for 15-20 minutes. Using this while typing is a bit more difficult because your fingers are somewhat squeeze together in order to secure the wrap. Nevertheless, it's doable. I have not yet used the gel as a cold pack.

PROs: less restrictive in activities because you are not corded to a plug, shapes to your hand, stays securely, convenient by microwave heating the gel pack under water in a container, and it can be taken to the office for use, stays warm for roughly 15-20 minutes, can be flipped around for either left or right hand.

CONs: doesn't stay hot longer, a little harder to type while wearing this.

RECOMMENDATIONS: for tendonitis in the wrist, you may consider using the Futuro brand thumb stabilizer. This prevents your thumb from folding toward your palm which causes sharp pain to the upper wrist tendon. The Futuro thumb stabilizer also braces the wrist to not let you flex your wrist too much ... but still allow some movements. Tbe Futuro thumb stabilizer: FUTURO(TM) Deluxe Thumb Stabilizer 45843EN, Small/Medium

I took photos of what you get in an order and uploaded the pictures.

I Love this product and I use it very night.
I had three wrist surgeries and I not planning on getting any more surgeries.
So, I thought why don't I give this a try. My frozen bag of peas wasn't cutting it.
With this product I am able to maneuver around if I need to.
This product just makes you feel like you're getting a cool soothing massage for your wrist it's heavenly.
It is heavy in all the right places. It makes you have dedicated me time to just sit and rest.
It is comfortable.
I love the fit.
It's wonderful, I can't wait to get home every night to put this on.
Thank you.
It feels great.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • ONE SIZE FITS MOST - Can be worn on left or right hand. Covers palm and wrist areas. Use wrist wrap with or without the hot & cold gel packs. Best professional-grade ice wrist brace for carpal tunnel, hand sleeve for warmth or tendonitis wrist brace.
  • PREMIUM CONSTRUCTION, COMFORT & MOBILITY - Received the ION Sports Medicine Product of the year. Made of soft stretchable neoprene for custom fit & comfort. Fully flexible hot cold gel packs conforms to wrist while still allowing natural movement.
  • STAYS COLDER LONGER - Proprietary flex gel doesn't migrate inside the pack allowing longer & more consistent therapeutic temperature. Together with compression, ActiveWrap provides the best hot cold therapy support brace for hand and wrist injuries.
  • GREAT VERSATILITY & VALUE - Remains pliable when frozen. Perfect cold packs for injuries. Microwave safe for hot packs. Fabric pouch included to protect skin from burns or damage. Non-toxic and latex-free for sensitive skin. Washable and reusable.
  • PROFESSIONAL'S CHOICE - Used and recommended by physical therapists for natural wrist pain relief and support. Get ActiveWrap with heat and ice packs for the proper treatment for all types of wrist injury: fractures, sprains, chronic pain, or arthritis.

Description

ice packs for injuries reusable, wrist brace carpal tunnel, carpal tunnel gloves, ice gel pack, ice pack sleeve, ice pack for injuries, gel ice packs reusable large, gel ice pack, wrist brace tendonitis, wrist and thumb brace, hot cold gel pack reusable, small ice pack, wrist brace for tendonitis, reusable heat pack, cold packs for injuries reusable, reusable ice pack for injuries, gel ice packs for injuries reusable, ice pack gel, cold gel pack, cold therapy gloves, gel cold pack, gel ice packs reusable, wrist tendonitis brace, hand brace for tendonitis, arthritis hand gloves, arthritis hot, reusable hot pack, hot packs for hands, ice sleeve, large ice packs, large gel ice packs reusable, best ice packs, big ice pack, hand ice pack, carpal tunnel wrist, carpel tunnel brace, ice gloves, small ice packs, ice cold, best wrist brace for carpal tunnel, ice gel packs for injuries reusable, one compress gloves



I have two of these: one of the new model (~mid 2013) and one of the prior model (~2011 or 2012). They are both great, and I use them often. I recommend them to anyone who needs to ice their wrists often, such as for carpal-tunnel syndrome or other wrist injury treatment.

The only drawback is that the new pouches aren't as securely shut as the old pouches, which means you can drop the ice pack inside the pouch if you put them freezer wrong or shake them around too much. But once the pouches are attached to the wrap and the wrap is on your wrist, you won't have any problems.

One word of warning: the gel pouches get REALLY REALLY COLD. In the first thirty seconds or so, I often have to take the braces off because they are so insanely cold; it hurts to keep them on. But, after a minute or so, they reach a reasonable temperature and hold it for a good 25 minutes. I don't set my freezer to its lowest setting or anything, but these still get really cold. I have tried putting a thin paper towel in-between the pouches and my skin, but that tends to block too much of the cold.

Overall, I strongly recommend these to anyone who needs to ice their wrist often.

MY Wife recently had carpal tunnel surgery on her wrist, we look high an low to find an ice pack that would fit your wrist,
plenty of them fit your back, knees, an legs, but none were confortable for your hands.
Found this on amazon, comes with two heatable an freezable inserts, an gets cold in an hour.
which is a big plus if you have an injury an need ice 24/7.
we are very pleased with the item, an delivery, an personal company contact via email
to make sure we were satisfied with their product, they are a small family owned business
an actually make it her in the USA.
Buy it you won't be disappointed.

I had a wrist issue that needed to be iced often. Typically this meant attempting to balance ice pack on wrist or wrap it in place somehow, which most of the time rendered both hands useless during the icing. This wrap was not only easy to put on but the ice packs that came with felt cold like actual ice and stayed cold for a long time. It is also easy to adjust the ice bag sleeves and loop around thumb to ensure proper fit. Great product.

Great product, great service! Purchased this for my daughter who is a professional musician and suffers from the amount of playing she does each day. This gives her the physical support she needs, temperature therapy required, and allows her to maintain her schedule without trying to hold an ice pack in place or having to worry about heating pad cords. Would definitely recommend this product and seller!

Quality is better than expected. I just toss the whole thing into the freezer rather than removing the gel inserts. I wish it were longer because my tendinitis goes up my forearm, not just in my wrist. If you have trouble wrapping it around your wrist one-handed, as I did, try closing it up and slipping your hand through the end... it's plenty stretchy enough. Wish it were cheaper, but glad I bought it. More practical than the bag of frozen peas I was using before :-)

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment