Friday, November 29, 2019

Conair Pro Style Collapsible Bonnet Hair Dryer,

Conair Pro Style Collapsible Bonnet Hair Dryer, Black

Conair Pro Style Collapsible Bonnet Hair Dryer, Black

This is my 2nd one so obviously I must like it! Actually it is the ONLY one I found for home use that allows you to adjust the hard bonnet up or down so for this Con Air gets a HUGE thumbs up! I don't know why the other brands don't do this but not every is the same height, or uses the same type of chairs to sit and tables to sit it on. It gets hot enough to do the job but as others have said, the heat doesn't reach ALL of the back of your head/hair but it still works very good for the price. You do have to be gentle with letting them down though, I'm buying a 2nd one because my 1st one broke at the hinges where it collapses so just be gentle with that and it should be fine. I highly recommend this dryer .. and NO, no one has given me a dime for my review ( but I wish they would! :-) Hello Amazon, I am willing to try products for cheaper rates ! LOL

Wow this works great. On the high setting my roller set hair dried in under and hour ! Compact and light . This is a photo of it closed the cord tucks into a little compartment on the side.

Love this dryer! I have searched for a new dryer for months when I dropped and broke my old dryer. I had that dryer for over 10 years and couldn't find one like it. I bought one from the beauty supply store, but once getting it home it didn't meet my requirements. I took a chance on this one and am I glad that I did! It gets super hot, hood adjusts up/down, easy to store, user friendly and I love how the hood flips. This has met my basic needs and then some!

I purchased this because I wanted to stop using "direct" heat on my hair (I didn't blow dry, but I let my hair dry and I would then put on hot rollers). My hair is not very damaged but this has definitely made a difference. I usually put it up in a bun when it's damp/wet and let it dry for about 2 hours (my hair is very thick so it takes a long time to dry...plus putting up when it's wet also delays it) and then I go on this machine for about an hour. I know a lot of people will probably think this isn't a good idea because it is still heat but, my hair has never been better to be honest. The heat is evenly distributed and it is not overly hot in my opinion. I have to problems with this product though (nothing really big but I still think I should mention them):
-The noise. There's no way around it, really. I usually just listen to some music because the noise really annoys me, but it's bearable...just incredibly annoying.
-The fact that big rollers don't quite fit. I have really thick long-ish hair (about 4 or 5 inches below my bra strap) so it's quite difficult for me to get it all in...it's possible but, your hair will obviously be still wet in some spots so be patient! If you have short hair (say shoulder length and up) this is PERFECT. Your hair will be dried rather quickly and it will look great :)

ALSO, I do hair treatments with this prior to showering. For the girls trying to grow out their hair, this is great keep your ends healthy! I put on coconut oil (or almond oil...or grape seed oil, depends on my mood haha), I coat my hair with it then I put it up and sit under this thing for about 15 minutes. I swear, it makes the difference! Your hair really absorbs the product so, this is also a great investment if you want to FULLY penetrate your hair's cuticle.

First of all, I absolutely love this product. As others have said, while I used to dread the time wasted while drying my hair with a normal hair dryer, now I can get out of bed, jump in the shower, and then spend the time while my hair is drying catching up on everything on my phone that I would normally have before getting out of bed. I don't find it particularly noisy and since I have fairly short hair, it all dries easily by just tilting my head a bit from side to side or forward during the 5 minutes or so it takes to dry.

However, I am on my third one of these in a little over 2 years. It seems like they last about a year before they burn out. I can tell when it's going to happen now because it starts to smell a little bit funny (burning) and you can see some of the plastic on the dryer base starting to bulge (I'm guessing from heat expansion of the wires). That said, I consider $30ish to be a reasonable annual purchase but I do have a bit of a fear of fire from the dryer.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Professional salon drying right at home. Perfect for roller sets and deep conditioning
  • Extra-large hood accommodates a set of jumbo rollers
  • Variable airflow settings for maximum styling comfort
  • Adjustable height; 2 heat / speed settings
  • 6-foot long cord stores in base; built-in carry handle; folds for compact storage

Description

Wrap your head around all the power in this compact bonnet hair dryer with an extra-roomy hood and adjustable height. Streamline the drying process with 1875 watts of power and even airflow distribution. Folds neatly for easy, compact storage.



This dryer is ideal for the very short crop cuts. I just got my hair cut very short . A african american hair wash and set would coast me 50 dollar every time I went to the salon. I love my hairdresser but I must be able to save some kind of money .So I took my chances on buying the dryer even though the reviews were less than kind to the product. I am so glad I brought it. It dryers the entire dome of my head and mind you when we set are hair it not just water and air to dry.No no no... it is set with heavy gel to lay it down , wrap with tissue wrapped stripped to hold my hair in place for drying and then sit under the dry for a grand total of 20 minutes tops. LOVE IT! So ladies please keep in mine all reviews do not apply to all. If you have short hair and your looking for a dryer that distributes an even flow of air.This is the best dryer around.

I really like this product so far. The only thing I didn't like about it was that when I first turned it on, there was a burning-like odor that emitted from it. That smell quickly went away after about 3 minutes of having it on. I was scared that it was going to catch on fire. . . .I'm actually using it right now as I write this review. I think people are being overly picky about this product. It's no louder than the dryers that you would sit under if you went into a salon. It's a dryer, people! Even hand-held blow dryers are loud. Did you expect to listen to the Bible on tape as you sat under it or be able to hear the tv? That's what earphones are for. As for it drying only on the top of your head, that's not true. It really evenly distributes the heat onto your whole head unless you have a dino megahead. I was lucky enough to have a regular sized head, so it's a perfect fit for me. I paid $27 for it, so I'm over here smiling from ear to ear. I hate that people think they should only have to pay like $5 to get the perfect machine. Even the most expensive machines don't get the job done. If you have a lot of hair, this might take awhile to dry your hair, so plan your day ahead of time. If you have short/medium length hair like mine, it might just be right for you. Also, I have thick hair so I've always needed a little extra time for my hair to dry. RIght now I am deep conditioning my hair under the dryer for 30 minutes, then I'll dry it for 45m to an hour after I wash the conditioner out. I love that it doesn't feel like it's blowing out fire onto my head, burning my scalp and forehead like some salons' dryers feel like. ENJOY THIS PRODUCT!

I like this dryer. It's has been great when I need to dry my hair really fast for twist outs or for deep conditioning treatments...
Ok so when I first started reading the reviews about this dryer and saw that people where complain about it being loud I thought they were stupid when was the last time you had heard a quiet Dryer lol but when I turn it to the guest setting it has a bit of a whistle that is accompanied by the normal blowing sound u would expect from a blowdry.

I purchased this dryer when my last dryer bit the dust. Is this the 'best' dryer..no. Is it as hot as a salon..no. Does it come with all the features your favorite dryer had..probably not. For the price however, you can't beat this dryer. I think you will fully get your money's worth. I am writing this review because it took me a long time to purchase the dryer based on the mixed reviews. I decided to give it a try and as I mentioned I think I got what I paid for. The dryer is 'hot enough' to dry my hair in a reasonable amount of time. When placed on a sturdy surface such as my dinner table with a chair in front (which is how I use mine), I found the height to be perfect and the ability to adjust a little higher should accommodate most. The air does blow from the top of the dryer. There are holes around the sides but only in the very upper portion. The dryer shape and the blower power will send the heat down and around the sides of your hair. Naturally, the salon dryer is huge and extends down a lot further. The salon dryer also has a 'blow torch' setting which can quickly take care of all hair types. Too much heat on your hair is not a good thing though, so I think the dryer's heat settings are fine as is. So yes, if you have really thick hair it is going to take longer. If you have really long hair and you would like all of it dry, you will not be able to have it drape past your shoulder. So, if you don't want to pin it up this might not be the dryer for you. I do not dry my hair with curlers in it, but the interior of this dryer seems plenty spacious to me. I would say the average woman with shoulder length hair will be satisfied with this dryer. Notice I didn't say thrilled or overjoyed. Others who had a previous dryer they loved, or who really want to reproduce salon results may want to go with a higher end dryer. If you don't mind shelling out more cash, you can find what you're looking for pretty easily. Or if you have the space, you could just buy the actual salon chair/dryer used from Craigslist. They sell them all the time for under $100 bucks.

Works well on hair that is not too thick or too long. Heats up fast. Good appliance for home use.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment