
I bought this after my full hysterectomy so I wouldn't have to bend over (per doctor's orders). Until I had a full hysterectomy, I never realized how often I dropped things on the floor and had to bend over to get it. Since then, I still use it frequently--to reach things without getting out of my chair, when I feel too lazy, to get to those things on high shelves (like the big jar of formaldehyde that holds my removed lady parts---just kidding), to grab my cat (gently, of course, and he likes it). I moved a snake from the front porch to the neighbor's ditch (hehe), and I even killed and picked up a spider with it the other day. Maybe they should rename it "Spider-Getter."
This was the third of three grabbers I purchased prior to knee surgery. I wanted to place units in various locales around the house. My favorite of the three was the Ettore Grip & Grab. I would rate this one second. It grips securely and is easy to use. But I took a star off because the ridged rubber grips at the end can sometimes be reluctant to let go of the item grabbed. Better than letting go prematurely, I suppose. RIght now I have this one in my master closet where I can grab shoes and slippers off the rack, and I also use it in the laundry to remove clothes from our very deep dryer. Could also help a short armed person extract wet laundry from a deep washer.
Unger Grabber Plus Trigger Grip, 32" is absolutely practical for grabbing with the rotating head... and bonus magnet. The only reason I do not give a 5 star is that the pistol grip does not lock in the closed position. If you can grab and lock.. then you can use both hands to control the tool with a heavier item. Fixed tube ( no way to fold) ...is definitely an advantage with heavier items. Nice little hook to hang up. Overall quality is great after a full day of grabbing.
Would you like your life to be a touch easier and more efficient? Just get one of these. I got an idea to get one for my Dad for Father’s Day and I thought why don’t I get one too? I absolutely am SO glad I did! This thing is truly amazing to have around. Examples of how it helped me so far:
1. I had an blanket fall behind a very heavy leather couch that is kind of close to the wall. I could not easily move the couch forward without straining,and since the couch is large, could not easily reach behind it or on the side without possibly even hurting myself. My boyfriend was not around to help me at the time. I gently picked it up with this great tool in a few seconds no problems or issues! Immediate time saver, great for back and joints!
2. The cupboards are high! I’m only 5’1” so I basically have to drag out a stool for everything on the top shelf. Now I rearranged my cupboards so everything I can’t grab easily is on the lower shelves and everything I can’t is on the top! It’s so awesome to have little things like that make your life a little easier and safer too. You do not want to miss step off a ladder or stool!
It is true it will pick up a thin dime off the floor! It also has magnets on the sides and easily picks up metal objects in tight spaces or just off the floor. I tested it on a couple things like a nail and bottle cap, works perfect! Less stooping pick up really almost anything off the floor so you don’t wrench your back.
The head swivels but I have not had to use that function yet. Sturdy, well made, very grippy pinchers. Easy to open and close the thing-so nice to have around! My Dad loves his too, and I think he uses it out in the yard sometimes and in the garage. Makes a great, thoughtful gift for near impossible people to buy for who like practical stuff, but have almost everything they need already. He even could use another one-one with longer handle or one for upstairs/one for downstairs. I love this-highly recommend it!
I bought this for our laundry room/pantry. I have high cabinets above the washer and dryer and some rather high shelves too. I keep this in there for retrieving socks from behind one of the machines and for grabbing or shoving items off the high shelf. A 6 pack of paper towels is a bit much for this to grab, but it is handy for knocking it down for me to catch. I also use this around the house when things are lost under the couch or other hard to reach places. Twisting the end to change the grabber from vertical to horizontal and vice versa is awesome. I can make it work between the washer and dryer as well as behind them. I try to keep it away from my 4 young children because I do think they could do it some harm, but for my use, it is durable and a wonderful tool to have around the house.

Feature Product
- Extend your reach by 32 inches to reach high without a stool or ladder, or low without bending over
- 360 degree rotating head
- Built-in magnet for picking up metal objects
- Grips large, small, and odd shaped items
- Includes a utility hook on tip for assistance with pulling up socks and pants
Description
Unger's Grabber extends your reach by 32 inches to reach high without the need for a stool or ladder or low without having to bend over. The Grabber is 32 inches long and comes with a 360 degree rotating head and built-in magnet for picking up metal objects. It grips large, small, and odd shaped items with ease. A utility hook comes included on the tip for assistance with pulling up socks and pants. Unger guarantees to replace any Unger Professional branded product found defective in material, construction, or workmanship.
I bought this one for a friend. I've had one for several years. They are great. Whether you need to pick up something off the floor, or reach to the back of a cabinet, it always works. So far I haven't found anything it won't pick up. My friend's new agitator-less washing machine is so deep that it's quite difficult to get small items from the bottom; hence the need for this. I like the magnets on this, as well as the trigger type gripper. It also stands up by itself behind a door, or you can easily "hook" it on a shelf. It's quite well-designed.
I have also tested several ones from Amazon this past month to find which ones are working for us. The grip on the Unger here has horizontal wings on both sides adding grip strength support so the first two fingers of either hand can help stabilize the reach strength instead of just a pistol grip. This is better then any of the grabbers I have had yet. The working rotating 90 degree end grip is of plastic box frame design with a decent magnet and being very rigid even after being stepped on. Others of metal frame simply lost alignment and failed. It has a rotating hand loop on the people end for a wrist loop to attach a to you. It just might support you.
I had major surgery and was told that I needed to get a gripper so I would not bend over to pick things up. I have never used or ordered a gripper before. I have to say that this gripper is fabulous. It readily picks up just about anything and everything. It is durable and I am so grateful that it is lightweight. Leaving the hospital, I did not have much strength yet because the gripper is lightweight I have had no problem picking most things up.
This reacher is lightweight yet durable. It feels very well made but is still light enough to use one-handed. I use it for a multitude of scenarios including opening and closing some hard to reach curtains. The rubber pads on the tips of the claw give it a good grip but still protects with you're grabbing from scratches or tears. Great product.
I have been using the 36” one to pick up litter for 17 years. It is still working fine. I bought my neighbor the 48” so he could pick up sticks without leaving his lawn tractor. I tried using the 48” and it is too long to allow you to drop the litter in a bag you are holding. However the 48” works great for him, as he picks up sticks and tosses them in the cart behind his tractor.
I don’t know if there are better grabbers out there but I don’t know how this one can be improved.







0 comments:
Post a Comment