Sunday, July 28, 2019

Nexcare Coban Self-Adherent Wrap, Tan, 1 Inch X 5

Nexcare Coban Self-Adherent Wrap, Tan, 1 Inch X 5 Yards

Nexcare Coban Self-Adherent Wrap, Tan, 1 Inch X 5 Yards

Since I work outside all year in sunny and humid Southwest Florida I tend to run into both vegetation and critters that can cut, stick or otherwise have its way with my fingers over and over. Thorns, razor sharp grass, burrs, splinters, bees/hornets, fire ants, the neighbors' dogs -- well, you get the picture.

Since it is so hot and humid, and since I often have to use some type of topical medicine on the injury, just applying a regular bandage doesn't keep the wound covered or dry. After drying and cleaning the injury, and then applying the appropriate topical, I cover the area with the right size Band-Aid (my favorites are the extra-large sheer). After that is done, I wrap this self-adhesive tape around my finger until it sticks to itself.

This has allowed me to protect any minor injuries and continue to work outside without fear of the bandages falling off. The combination of the Band-Aid and the adhesive wrap also helps to keep the wound dry while the topical is doing its job. Good stuff!

I bought this twice already, as I'm using them pretty fast and the price is great.
Note that they ship in a plastic bag, and it's not clear how old they are. My guess is that they are just the "past due date" to be sold in a box.
Anyway
+ this is the real brand
+ very sticky
- the stickiness feels different from the packaged version. this one feels "too sticky" (on itself). That's why I give it only 4 stars. The same 3M product should be identical when bought in bulk here or in a pharmacy in single roll.

This is the bandage material that sticks to itself without sticking to your skin. Buying this pack was very affordable compared to buying at the local pharmacy. The only caveat is don't think you are getting more bandage material than what you buy in the store. This listing specifies the "stretched" length of bandage. Packages in the store typically specify the shorter relaxed length. In the end you are buying the same size spool.

Item arrived in a plastic bag as opposed to the box shown. I used this to "buddy tape" a broken pinky toe and it did not stay in place unless I wrapped it around my whole foot. And then sometimes it would roll up under the bottom of my foot and create an uncomfortable ridge. So then I used it just around my 2 toes, and then used a bit of adhesive tape on the top of my foot and going around the toes, and all was good. It did have the self-stick ability, and think it would work well for places other than toes.

Very good self-sticking tape. Works very well with thin, sensitive skin. This is the same used by our doctor, much better than the tape available in local pharmacies. Can be used again, but it would depend on how gently you use the area being wrapped. It will stick with light pressure, but any amount of firm pressure makes it quite difficult to pull off so you may not be able to reuse it. Overall, it does exactly as it is meant to...stick to itself. It isn't waterproof though, so you may have to use precautions for keeping the wrapped area dry or plan on re-wrapping frequently.


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Provides support and compression
  • Won't loosen or slip
  • Thin, lightweight and breathable material
  • Supports, secures and protects sprains, strains, splints and compresses
  • Secures dressings, cathaters and cold or heat therapy products

Description

Self-adhering tan elastic support wrap, no irritating adhesive and no pins needed. Lightweight and breathable. Use to provide light compression or to secure dressings. Ideal for wrapping fingers and toes.



I work in a furniture factory and work with leather every day. I get a lot of dry and cracked finger tips....I love this tape to cover my bandaids and keep my hands and fingers protected during a workday. I put ointment on my fingers, top with a bandaid and then the Coban tape and my fingers are good to go for a 9 hr. day.

The Nexcare Coban wrapping tape is a great solution to my foot problem. I have tendons in my feet that are tightening and shortening which are causing my toes to lift [which is very uncomfortable]. I have been using the coban wrap to tape my toes together to prevent lifting and hold them in the proper position. Works perfectly!

...to help with swelling of my finger after surgery. It really helps, is easy to apply, and is reusable for a few times. It can get wet and allows for the wrapped part to dry out. It's a great product!

Two types arthritis and lots of pain in some fingers/ New OT recommended wrapping my fingers to help manage edema which helps the pain, also some protection/slowing further damage. I use on my one finger every day and helps pain from working, wrap others overnight. Has helped pain and made sleeping easier. Has been a big help and a cheap solution that has improved my daily quality of life.

This stuff is amazing. I have arthritis in the small joints in my fingers and I wrap them with this for some added stability to help with the pain. The stuff sticks so well it lasts all day and I end up having to cut it off ! I have already ordered more and will continue to do so. Works much better than anything I have bought at the drugstore.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment