Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Foster Grant Conan Multifocus Glasses, Tortoise,

Foster Grant Conan Multifocus Glasses, Tortoise, 1.5

Foster Grant Conan Multifocus Glasses, Tortoise, 1.5

Just received these and they are much better than I expected. I have ordered progressive readers from readingglasses.com before for a much higher price ($$$ because they offer designer frames, etc.) but the lens on the Foster Grant are better because they have the "in between" focus point for computer use. I have never found progressive lens to be hard to get used to but I can understand if some people do. At least with these, the price is low so that you can try them out without spending too much money if it turns out you can't use them. If nothing else, you can leave them by your computer to use there. The lens are great because you can use them for driving, using the top for your distance and the bottom for reading the instrument panel. I'll probably buy another pair.

To agree with earlier favorable reviews, my specific situation is this:
Had cataract surgery early today (Aug 23, '18) with (now) both eyes done "far" and thus, need for "readers" for close work.
I ordered in advance, the 1.0 model of these items, and after just a 1/2 day of using them, I hope they don't break at the frames, because....
with the dilations wearing off, I can already see how my distance vision - say, flatscreen HD at about 8-10 feet - my vision in both eyes is almost as crisp as my (now) 20/20 vision in both eyes with my new intraocular lenses.

And yes - the "multifocus" idea does work, even as my today's surgical dilations wear off, in that my close vision is sharp, up to about 2-1/2 feet away and on out to the TV. I'm impressed, and I use a laptop on a chair-arm support to use the internet as we all do, and this makes it possible to watch TV and do the closer work (not REAL close, like 1 or 2 feet away) - do the closer work with ease of vision.
Note: the farthest focus is at the top of the lens, and with the 1.0 mag I ordered, there is just slight magnification at the top of the lens. At the bottom it's about a 2.0 focus requirement.

Good product. If the frames DO break, I would consider buying two more pairs, until I tire of replacing them or buy prescription trifocals to make life easy. I wear this single pair of spex, constantly.

I would add, now on Sept. 19, that fully recovered from cat surgery, I can read with one pair of these multifocals, up to one foot away; and for "far", I can see clearly up to ten + feet away. Further, and there is slight magnification, so for say, driving, I don't use anything over my eyes save perhaps for plain sunglesses; closer than a foot? I use a 2.0 or even a 2.5 for very close work. Great product!

Second update: Uh oh! Now, on Sept 22, '18, the hinges suddenly ? have begun to work loose from the frames, same as described in many earlier reviews. I'll buy another two pairs, and if quality control not improved for this subsequent purchase, I'll look for other brands. I LOVE these multifocals, as they work wonderfully, technically - but if the hinges continue to break, I'd recommend avoiding them. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment....

Hands down, the best reading glasses I've ever owned. I get complimented on them all the time and they're really comfortable. --Just adding to this review, because I'm surprised by the negative ones. I'm really hard on reading glasses--I get them dirty, I don't use the carrying case, I stick them wherever they'll fit when I'm not using them. That's the only reason I've gone through as many pairs as I have. But they've never broken, and they are perfect for my needs. Plus, with my most recent pair, I realized that they're slightly tinted--ever so slightly rose-colored!--which really seems to relieve the strain of looking at the blue light of screens. And everything just looks better :) Seriously, I worry about what will happen when, inevitably, I will need real prescription glasses. I hope I can keep using these for a long time, and I really don't mind that I've spend so much on replacements. Obviously, everyone's experience will be different, so just take this for what it is: one guy's fortunate experience with a mass-produced (but, to his mind, well-made) product.

I got these progressive reading glasses in April 2016. I got the men's because I thought they would fit better. They still are very snug for a men's style. I loved the lenses. I don't need for distance, but needed them for computer work and reading. They are great for that. But, there is a but coming. The frames need to be reworked from the manufacturing point. The screws don't work well. One arm came off, with no way to fix it. I put strong super glue on it, and that worked, but now can't fold it in. I also used brown magic marker to darken it, so glue wasn't noticeable. But, now the other arm came loose, got a crack in the frame, and lens fell out. I glued that too. The glasses frames are problematic, but I love the lenses, so keep on using my battered pair.

This is my first experience with anything but plain readers or bifocal readers and I love it. The hinges have springs now so they should hold up. They also have a filter in them that makes looking at a computer or TV screen more enjoyable.

One thing to watch out for is the correction is not as strong as expected. I ordered 2.5, however there is no correction in the top, and the bottom is more like a 2.0. And the frames look huge on me, so I guess these are going back and I will order a different style wth a stronger correction.

So glad somebody thought of this. Great product Foster Grant!


Get it Now

Feature Product

  • Multifocal
  • Multifunction reading glasses featuring metal spring hinges and multi-focus lenses with three magnification strengths in each pair
  • Polycarbonate lens material to minimize scratching
  • Five-layer anti-reflective coating to minimize glare from screens and florescent lighting
  • Case Included

Description



These are great glasses. I got the 2.5 mag version. Now when I look thru the top of the glasses I can see the wall 10ft away. When I look thru the bottom I can read whatever is in my hand clearly. Before I had to carry different strength glasses wherever I went.

When I am at my desk I change to a blu blocker fixed focal length glasses. With these the center of the screen is in focus but the top and bottom are out of focus so I would have to keep moving my head to read different parts of the screen. But these are great for working in the lab.

I have been to three Dr and could not be fitted for reading to computer glasses. I could find reading and I could find computer but not both. I can now read from the top of my desk, see the computer which is 25 inches away (just past arms length) and the door which is 15 feet away. The Dr told me I was not a candidate for no line bi-focals. These have no line and I have not has any issues. I will use these to go into the Dr and DEMAND a pair of glasses that are in my prescription that work as good as these do. I have been through 4 pair of glasses and 6 prescriptions to no avail. I can either read or read and watch TV but I still cannot see my computer. I even had a "Dr" ask if I had to use the computer after I had just informed him that I was a bookkeeper and had taken the day off work for his appointment, but what do you expect from a "Dr" that the first question out of his mouth was do you have insurance, of which I do not. I would gladly recommend these for a stand-by. Just wish they were a little more stylish but at this point I do not care. I am just so grateful that I can work without having major neck pain and major read eye when my work day is through. Thanks you Foster Grant.

These glasses are great for computer. I can read using the bottom part of the glasses too. It's not quite as good as my prescription glasses because I have an astigmatism and the beginning of cataracts, but the main reason I got them was so I could work on my laptop. My prescription glasses weren't quite right for computer work. Also, my daughter has prescription no line progressive glasses with a strip for computer work too and she can't walk around with her glasses on. I can with these. They magnify but don't make me dizzy or anything.

The glasses are very well made and have thick, tortoise shell frames, a dark brown. The lenses are big but not too big for what I want them for. One thing is they don't come fitted and the ear piece sort of sticks out behind my ear, but it's not a big thing, I may take them to an optometrist and see if he can bend and fit them better. Because they aren't fitted, they slip a little on my nose, but not enough to bother me and besides, that will be fixed when the sides are tightened
All in all, I'm very happy with these glasses. I wanted the metal frames and am not a fan of plastic glasses, but these work and with the price, I may get another metal pair. The metal glasses I saw only came in 1.00 and 2.50. One reading is way to weak, the other way too strong.
These are a perfect 1.50 and are just right.

I'm using these as temporary aids while a detached retina heals. I have natural mono-vision and my retina detached in my close vision eye. It's great to be able to see both my books, my computer screen and across the table as I have diminished close up and mid-field vision in my "good" eye. I am a small woman and these are not huge on my face- a bit masculine but not so much that I won't wear them in public! I appreciate being able to see food on the shelves in the store. They also cost half the price of the ones at the optometrist. They come in a very small case but there is a cleaning cloth included. I'm pleased with the purchase.

I love these glasses. I broke my first pair (my fault, not the workmanship of the glasses) and immediately re-ordered another pair. There are no better OTC glasses than the Foster Grant multi-focals. They work for every situation. They are well made and not easily broken. I wore the same pair of glasses, every day, for about three years with no issues.

Get it Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment