
I'm a 6'5" man with a Peripheral Neuropathy (CMT)...very serious balance issues. This unit works well getting through narrow doorways, not grabbing onto cabinet doors because the brake cables are not external, and the 10" front wheels easily maneuver over my half inch transition between my kitchen and family room. I,however, thought the Drive Universal cup holder would work with this unit. IT DOES NOT! I called Drive Medical...none exists. I later bought a clear plastic tray that goes in the bottom of the mesh front bag. It has a separate cup holding section. (See photo).
Got two of these. One for my Mom & one for my Dad. Mom is 5'5" and Dad is 6'2". The handle height has enough adjustment range to work for both. Love that the wheel size accommodates uneven terrain. I'd definitely recommend this chair.
Purchased for my 90 year dad who is tall (6'2") and appx. 208 lbs. He needed a stable, longer handled rollator than his previous ones provided. The Drive rollator delivers all he needs. He walks tall, uses the hand brakes to stabilize when he gets up or sits down, sits comfortably in the seat with the large backrest and the zipper compartment stores his essentials. It easily folds to transport to appointments. The design sets it apart from all the others and makes a statement. Dad appreciates the attention it brings him and the compliments he receives. Well done Drive Medical!
A great walker for my 90-years old dad. Works great for him and draws lots of admiration comments when he goes to the grocery store, etc.. Very different looking and many people stop him to ask what it is. He loves the way it works and all the attention it gets. Dad loves it and it works very well for him. What else matters? And it was a very resonable price for a high quality walker. My highest recommendation for this walker.
I am tall, 6-1, and the popular $57 model was not a good fit for me. I was bending over uncomfortably with it. So if you're tall, you may find yourself uncomfortable with that one too. I feel this is also a better item, though it is more costly at just over $200. But you get what you pay for, at least sometimes. The seat is better here. It's better made, not just a cheap piece of wood with some padding like the other one. It's a nice padded, fabric seat, more comfortable and the back support is good too, and is adjustable. All the settings are very well made for adjusting the handle height, etc. It also comes fully assembled and ready to roll!
Cane just wasn't making it for me any longer and wish I made the move to this a bit sooner. I'd advise you to do the same. Our safety is paramount!

Feature Product
- Handle height easily adjusts with unique push button; Back support height easily adjusts with tool-free thumb screw
- Large 10 inches front casters allow optimal steering and rolling comfort; Caster fork design enhances turning radius. Plastic clip holds the Nitro closed when frame is folded.
- Easily folds with one hand to ultra-compact size for storage; Cross-brace design allows for side-to-side folding and added stability
- Handsome and removable zippered storage bag; Unique bag attachment keeps bag securely in place when rollator is open or folded
Description
Supreme Value, Comfort and Mobility Drive Medical's Nitro Euro Style Rollator Walker in Tall Height was designed for those who want unmatched value along with proven comfort and convenience. With a sturdy and long-lasting frame made of lightweight aluminum, this walker is durable, yet easy to move around over all surfaces, giving you outstanding value, unmatched comfort, independence and ease of movement.Designed with your comfort, safety and convenience squarely in mind, the Nitro Euro Style Rollator Walker in Tall Height comes with large front wheels, giving you the ability and convenience of moving over most kinds of terrain, whether indoors or out, an easy task.The flexible height adjustable removable back and the height adjustable ergonomic handles conform to the individual needs of each user, thereby affording you the opportunity to customize the walker. You'll also note how the Nitro Rollator is easy to transport, due to the nature of its frame which allows you to fold it up with one hand.At the end of the day, The Nitro Euro Style Rollator in Tall Height is perfect solution for those who desire a convenient four wheel mobility enhancing walker that operates virtually anywhere and everywhere. Go ahead...Experience the Drive Difference Now!
This Nitro has been a life-changing apparatus. It is light easy to use and provides a way to sit down while you're waiting for to rest. In my case the only negative thing is that it is slightly too narrow and every time I set down the handles dig into my pockets. The wheels work wonderful on pavement adequate on grass, but is difficult to use on gravel. I am a photographer and I use it to carry my gear. When I sat down I can use a small monopod and brace it solidly with my arms leaning on the handles. This configuration is flexible like a monopod, and has the stability approaching that of a tripod.
I hate that I need to use a walker, but since i don't have a choice due my health, at least this an excellent one. People frequently stop me to comment on how nice it looks. And it functions well too. It's great as a seat, especially in restaurants. It glides easily along, and is quite sturdy. My spouse lifts it into the car, so i can't vouch for how light it is, but he is 69 and has no trouble with it. My only disappointment is that it doesn't ccme in green, a color of health, wealth, and a color that causes release of endorphins in my brain.
I ordered my NITRO "sold and shipped by Amazon". That's always the best way to go for a hassle free return policy. I did quite a bit of research and decided on the "DRIVE" mainly because of my height. So tall guys, rest assured this one is a great choice. ( I'm 6'2" ) Also...…..and this is important****** read the entire description of the others you may be interested in. I noticed quite a few with "fine print" hidden somewhere on the page that says the other brand you are looking at "may/is too wide to fit through standard door openings. The NITRO fits perfect through all my doors. And here is my favorite part. I was exhausted when it arrived yet too excited not to put it together and try it. Well, it comes out of the box fully assembled! I was thrilled. One more thing. This is not a piece of junk. It is super sturdy and quiet as a mouse. Enjoy!
I needed to find a walker for my 6'4" client--one that would prevent him from hunching over. I originally purchased a less-expensive model but even on the highest adjustment it was still too low, I am so happy with this purchase, it's a good example of 'getting what you pay for.' I was able to adjust it perfectly for his height and it's also much sturdier than the less expensive models. It arrives fully assembled and it folds very easily by pulling up on the center handle making it super easy to transport. It turns and moves easily and smoothly, and the larger wheels make it great or navigating rough or uneven surfaces. . Highly recommend this product.
My dad appreciates the height extension on this, but at 6'5'', it'd be nice if it went a couple of inches higher. The only thing he doesn't like is that sometimes "the wheels get squirrely" and swirl a different way than he is aiming to walk.







0 comments:
Post a Comment